Page 4 of 29 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    15+ Year Old Account

Re: Icecrown Citadel Raid Access Progression

Quote Originally Posted by Yazuka
    Not only will this be rather lame but what do you want us to do blizzard really.

Usual raid schedule:

Wednesday: ICC first 4
    Thursday: Totc and Totgc

Sunday-Tuesday: ?
    Repeat for 1 month.

Renew Subscription

Repeat again.

Hey let's prolong our raid instances cause we're to stupid to calculate that we would never be able to create Cataclysm in just 3 raid instances.

Honestly if these guys hadn't created Hard Modes, which is also just so happens to be their excuse to why they fucked up itemization and it's scaling, they would've been fucked so badly and would have had to do a new Sunwell.

unable to think of some hard/clever encounter mechanics, blizzard tries to hinder players from progressing by theses "cockblocks" to create a illusion of longevity of instance + ofc more money on subscriptions for them.
    zug zug

what is it paladin, one zug is not enough for ya?

Quote Originally Posted by MasterOfNone View Post
    lore should be voluntary to the game. not obligatory.

15+ Year Old Account

Hard modes opening after Lich King has been killed? So we are then again farming normal modes for MONTHS before we even get to do the hard modes for the first bosses? Total bullshit.......
    Quote Originally Posted by derpkitteh View Post
    i've said i'd like to have one of those bad dragon dildos shaped like a horse, because the shape is nicer than human.
    Quote Originally Posted by derpkitteh View Post
    i was talking about horse cock again, told him to look at your sig.

so we need to wait a lot, but if someone do an awosome cleaning, he won't gain even an achivement ? seems weird for me...

top guild will have to wait for next boss to be implemented
    casual will have to wait for respawn of last boss because they wiped a lot.

if even normal modes have lots of limits it will be really hard to make a raid planing.

it's already hard for some little guilds, but now we can't try something with a little team, cause the good players of the guild are needed to do the last boss, and there wont be some attempt left when these guys will be online...
    so need to wait for them, and perhaps lots a day or two, or try and lost a chance to go to the last boss.

10+ Year Old Account

I'm loving this stuff.

Coming from a raider that used to do 6 nights a week, 5 hours a night for roughly 3 years. I LOVE THE FACT that I can actually play other video games besides and still see all of the content at a decent pace that doesn't require selling your soul.

Deleted

Quote Originally Posted by Swizzle
    profit, duh.

oh, and to everyone bitching about this....they have done this before. in TBC no less. why do you think it took so long for KJ and muru to be killed way back when?
    You mean the gating system that they were trying to use with Sunwell and all the sudden scrapped it after 3-4 weeks of the instance been open?

The gates aren't even the problem here, they did it on TotC also, but the very limited attempts on bosses, even on normal mode.

If people would stop crying and read correctly, you'd realize the attempt limits are only for the last bosses in the wing, in order to limit people from the Lich King.

10+ Year Old Account

Seems like ICC is definitely slated to last for the remainder of the expansion.

I don't raid, so I don't know how this is going to work out for everyone, but at least we know it'll be a fair while before we finally fight big LK himself.

Quote Originally Posted by Sinister Knight
    This is excellent. Expect massive QQ from Ensidia and...well, I guess Ensidia (read Kungen) are going to be the only ones bitching about this. Too freaking bad. This leashing system for progression is excellent, I really have gotten tired of the top guilds blasting through the content after extensive PTR testing,
    What's actually going to happen is you'll see pugs blasting through the content complaining how easy it is too. It does *not* take a top raiding guild to make it through an instance in a couple of weeks after release. My guild killed twins hardmode for the first time last week, and each boss in toc easy died on Tuesday each week it was released. All this means is you will have more gear creep, which means guilds who go to the second wing will have several weeks of wing one gear under their belt, likely trivializing most of the new bosses.

Gated system does not make it harder, all it does it make the instance easier and more boring. Expect to see *way* more qq about how easy icecrown is compared to ulduar and toc. It won't even have hardmodes for months.

Can anyone say massive world PvP in Icecrown?
    Lead Game Designer

YouTube Channel

https://www.youtube.com/@Nateanderthal

How long will it take to reach Putricide, anyone have a guess? My main raid group only raids one night a week and have been taking full advantage of raid ID extensions. But if it takes us two weeks just to get to Putricide, having only 5 attempts at him seems crazy.

Also, if we extend our ID once we're there - do we get 5 new attempts each week or do we have to go back and spend 2 weeks clearing up to him again?

Field Marshal
    15+ Year Old Account

Raiding for 7 days isnt what i meant but they really just want us to clear content for 2 days and do nothing.

Deleted

Icecrown Citadel Raid Access Progression
    Originally Posted by Slorkuz (Blue Tracker)

The Lich King may not be attempted until Professor Putricide, Blood-Queen Lana'thel, and Sindragosa are defeated. Furthermore, the Heroic difficulty of The Lich King encounter may not be attempted in any week unless the three aforementioned encounters have been defeated in Heroic difficulty that week.
    i like this part

Quote Originally Posted by Formalpig
    So... ummm.... A month or two till the first boss on heroic difficulty?

GG Blizzard. Seriously. :-X
    you do know that cataclysm is still a ways off right? this has got to last you at least until then. if they gave you all unlimited tries each week, and left the raid un-gated you guys would fly though it in a month, and then start complaining that you don't have anything to do until cataclysm comes out.

to put it simply. you guys are all fat kids, and blizzard is the parent with the cake. YOU WANT THE CAKE BAD! but blizzard knows that if they give you the whole cake you will just inhale it in one bite, and likely have another stroke. so they are being the responsible parents that they are, and are letting you have one slice after you finish your green beans.

Quote Originally Posted by Kaneiac
    I'm loving this stuff.

Coming from a raider that used to do 6 nights a week, 5 hours a night for roughly 3 years. I LOVE THE FACT that I can actually play other video games besides and still see all of the content at a decent pace that doesn't require selling your soul.
    DAMN

you do know the limited attempts are only for the LAST boss of every level?
    It's just a game.

Quote Originally Posted by DiamondTear
    A triple whammy! Delays, gates and attempt limits.
    ^this

This may be the worst thing blizzard has ever implemented for a raid... No hardmodes for 2-3 months? And when we finally get hardmodes we have FIVE attempts per week for the actual hard bosses? This must be a cruel joke... Why can't we have a proper race again? It takes all of the fun away from following WoW

This isn't QQ from a hardcore perspective, this is QQ from a rational, casual player. It doesn't take a hardcore to wtfpwn normal modes and be 4/5 or even 5/5 in ToGC... this is a major let down in what could have been an awesome instance.

Bitchy players are bitchy.

Meh, I don't mind. Y'all expect absolute utter infailable competence from Blizzard, and you all also know that's impossible.

As for Cataclysm ... no point in giving it much thought right now seeing as it's not even in Beta yet.

And ... hey, if you trampled everything already and have nothing to do, you're not looking hard enough. There's more to this game than raid instances.

I cannot believe people are happy with this change.

Only good things are:
    - need to defeat lich king on normal mode before you can unlock hardmodes
    - limited ammount of attempts for the final 4 bosses of the instance

the bad things: simply the rest... the number of attempts on normal mode for the final 4 bosses and the delay of content for several weeks are simply the worse part.

I enjoy raiding, i could live with sunwell's gate system, i could live with TOC because it was yust a filler content that needed to drag out but the final instance with a system like this will definately make it less epic.