Page 8 of 29 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Deleted

Re: Icecrown Citadel Raid Access Progression

I'm already predicting Extreme Guild Drama if the limited attempts goes like this.

Seriously WTF? They basically fail at balancing their encounters, so they come up with this crap. I was so looking forward to IC, but this is a serious disappointment.

no one is satisfied with the limitation on tries.
    blizz make games for who? themselves? why don't give the players what they want? who is paying to play this game? this system will improve nothing, just will make people complain.
    i already quit wow because it has lost its magic. good luck to the brave ones still there.

Quote Originally Posted by Cerus
    Blizzard itself is still under the control of Mike Morhaime. What makes you think anyone from the parent company has any say in how Blizzard designs their content?
    I didn't imply Robert had any say in designing content.

I implied he is stealing your money and is probably the guy most respsonsible for imposing maximum milking from your monthly subscription fee, hence Blizzard feeling the need to impose artificial time limits to make you play longer.

In no way is it a QQ, it's just an insight to what i perceive the truth to be.
    Suit's ruin fun and steal your money.

Human history has always been like this, and now it's extended to World of Warcraft.

Remember, Blizzard is a company and wants you to give them as much money as possible. Even if it means you dont have fun.

Enjoy being milked

I like the sound of it, it means the rest of us still lagging on ToC should be able to catch up and it means everyone more or less has an equal chance for the worlds first and what not.
    I love all the QQ, keep it coming, it makes for some good lawl.

Quote Originally Posted by Jubeithar
    If you really think that raiding 4 days a week is nolifing then you should heavily reconsider what nolifing is.
    for normal people it is yeah , then again with a guild name like yours i think you even call 7 days a week a walk in the park and not "nolifing".
    There is also a thing called living in denial

ontopic : QQ if they stretch encounters , QQ by guilds if they are on farm to soon ( sigh bored , sigh blizz release something new ).
    This has to be one of the worst games for devs to actually please people

also in b4 " lol you all QQ and yet you keep on paying "

Basically I'm reading this as "Oh snap guys, Cataclysm isn't even close to being finished by our target release date! WE NEED A WAY TO KEEP THEM BUSY!"

So instead of a 3.4 with a Necron-style TRUE FINAL BOSS, we got a massive filter-feed of content from one patch that's supposed to keep people busy for the next six months... This was not one of your better planned out ideas, Blizzard. Honestly, you would have been better off postponing ICC's raid until 3.4, just release the 5-mans, new LFG interface, and the Quel'delar quest line in 3.3, and than release the raid in a 3.4 patch closer to Cataclysm's release date without the obvious stalling for time that you're doing in 3.3.

A+ work, Blizzard. You're really showing your professionalism here as a game developer.

to all the QQ, realize that you're actually gonna be fighting more bosses a week than you did in sunwell. this change is fine.

Quote Originally Posted by Mantrik
    Good plan from Blizz...I absolutely love it - mastering new content at easy pace with peace.

I don't want to get rushed and am in no hurry to play 6 hrs day and watching whole lot boss videos, reading strategies for all 14 bosses, it makes people annoying, less interesting etc.

Thank you blizzard!!

Your welcome CASUAL.....

Quote Originally Posted by rathofvol
    This isn't QQ from a hardcore perspective, this is QQ from a rational, casual player. It doesn't take a hardcore to wtfpwn normal modes and be 4/5 or even 5/5 in ToGC... this is a major let down in what could have been an awesome instance.
    I really would love to see/run with these "casual" guilds that have ToGC 25 complete. I really, really, REALLY would. My guild is in the semi-casual bracket, we finally got ToGC 10 complete, and we don't even have Beasts down on 25 GC. Why? because we would have to be more HARDCORE to get the right people, right coordination, and right amount of dps/tanking/healing required to do so.

Casual guilds will not kill Anub 25 Heroic. Show me otherwise. Please. If I'm wrong, great I'll have proof given to me. Without that proof, it's all just meaningless bullshit from everyone else.
    "I'm the Doctor. I'm a Time Lord. I'm from the planet Gallifrey in the Constellation of Kasterborous. I'm 903 years old and I'm the man who is gonna save your lives and all 6 billion people on the planet below. You got a problem with that?"

-The Doctor, Voyage of the Damned

Well the good thing is...

owait there is no good thing

Quote Originally Posted by rathofvol
    ^this

This may be the worst thing blizzard has ever implemented for a raid... No hardmodes for 2-3 months? And when we finally get hardmodes we have FIVE attempts per week for the actual hard bosses? This must be a cruel joke... Why can't we have a proper race again? It takes all of the fun away from following WoW
    The hardcore raiding guilds initially complained that raiding was too easy, after blasting through the content in weeks. Now that they can't race through it wearing diapers and living off Red Bull, and have a gated system restricting how fast they can progress.. they complain it will take too long. Sometimes you can't win for trying.

As for the attempts; I think you missed the two significant notes about it:
    1) Unlocking more bosses = more attempts possible.
    2) As time progresses more attempts will be made possible per week.

This isn't QQ from a hardcore perspective, this is QQ from a rational, casual player. It doesn't take a hardcore to wtfpwn normal modes and be 4/5 or even 5/5 in ToGC... this is a major let down in what could have been an awesome instance.
    Not really. As a casual, it will hardly affect you since that you can do all the normal modes, then do the heroic mode for that same wing after. Voila. And if you're so casual that you can clear 4 wings of a raid on hardmode out of the box, then my understanding of what 'casual' means must be way off base.

The amount of failed reading comprehension in this thread is astounding.
    Actually, Mr. Lennon, I CAN imagine a world with no hatred, religion, war, or violence.
    I can also imagine attacking such a world, because they would never see it coming.

http://mhkeehn.tripod.com/trashcan.jpg
    http://politicalhumor.about.com/libr...s/carville.jpe

For once, Carville was a man ahead of his time.

This is unsettling.

Blocking content doesn't make it 'harder' per say, just frustrates players.
    Although some people may enjoy this, lol.

Deleted

Anyone who aint a retard wont have shit to do in this game
    ToC takes 1h a week, and thats all the raiding there is, how much fun
    Been waiting for IC for weeks cuz it would mean fun raiding again, but no, they are giving us another 1h content for the next couple of months
    Fucktards

Quote Originally Posted by DaChicken

Your welcome CASUAL.....

Deleted

Quote Originally Posted by Saidear
    Not really. As a casual, it will hardly affect you since that you can do all the normal modes, then do the heroic mode for that same wing after. Voila. And if you're so casual that you can clear 4 wings of a raid on hardmode out of the box, then my understanding of what 'casual' means must be way off base.
    The limited attempts do affect the casual, heavier that many people think.

Quote Originally Posted by FluFF
    for normal people it is yeah , then again with a guild name like yours i think you even call 7 days a week a walk in the park and not "nolifing".
    There is also a thing called living in denial
    I raid 4 days a week because of my real life. I go out with friends, i got work to do and yet i can allow myself to play 4 nights a week, while i easily can spend the other nights (even during the day like total /gasp) outside the game. It's called: "carefully planning your life" but obviously, smartasses like you don't know what that means.

Again same thing for you: get a freaking check on the term "Nolifing" before you post your garbage.

Quote Originally Posted by Saidear
    The hardcore raiding guilds initially complained that raiding was too easy, after blasting through the content in weeks. Now that they can't race through it wearing diapers and living off Red Bull, and have a gated system restricting how fast they can progress.. they complain it will take too long. Sometimes you can't win for trying.
    You know there's a big difference between it taking too long because its challenging, and taking too long because blizzard said "Nope you can't do this right now, its LOCKEDED!".

Hardcore raiding guilds wanted it to be hard. Not this carebear crap that's easier than finding which hole the square peg goes into. It's insulting.

Quote Originally Posted by Bladesyphon
    Basically I'm reading this as "Oh snap guys, Cataclysm isn't even close to being finished by our target release date! WE NEED A WAY TO KEEP THEM BUSY!"

So instead of a 3.4 with a Necron-style TRUE FINAL BOSS, we got a massive filter-feed of content from one patch that's supposed to keep people busy for the next six months... This was not one of your better planned out ideas, Blizzard. Honestly, you would have been better off postponing ICC's raid until 3.4, just release the 5-mans, new LFG interface, and the Quel'delar quest line in 3.3, and than release the raid in a 3.4 patch closer to Cataclysm's release date without the obvious stalling for time that you're doing in 3.3.

A+ work, Blizzard. You're really showing your professionalism here as a game developer.
    Either way, they're giving us the same content.
    You're just saying they should spread it out. That wouldn't mean they're doing any more work as a developer.
    They're just giving us a MASSIVE content patch with plenty to do, and enough time to do it all before Cata comes out. The hardcore players have a chance to achieve lvl 80 perfection, and the casuals can pug heroics and get emblem gear so they can pug ICC 10 and 25 and down the Lich King eventually. Everybody gets the time to do exactly what they want.

As for the limited attempts, at least it doesn't limit attempts on EVERY boss. Only the hardest boss in each individual section. So it doesn't lock you out from TOO much loot if you use up all your attempts