Page 29 of 29 FirstFirst ...

Re: Icecrown Citadel Raid Access Progression

Quote Originally Posted by Boubouille
    Icecrown Citadel Raid Access Progression
    Originally Posted by Daelo (Blue Tracker)

The Ashen Verdict provides reinforcements and material for players to assault Icecrown Citadel, but this support is not endless. Raids will have a limited number of attempts total each week to defeat the four most difficult encounters in Icecrown Citadel: Professor Putricide, Blood-Queen Lana'thel, Sindragosa, and the Lich King.
    So what the heck do they give as support in these bosses rather than the other ones? Pay the repairbills?

I find it odd that blizz would care enough to push players away from the game due to overplaying. If some of the people who play this game, (roughly 1/10 or more of the player base) stopped playing religiously, we might see a spike in the number of people quitting the game simply for reason of finding something better to do.

This is clearly just a content gate with the implied reasoning of Casual vs. Hardcore fairness to keep QQ'ers at bay. Shame.
    If at first you don't Succeed....then you fail.

Quote Originally Posted by whetherman
    This is clearly just a content gate with the implied reasoning of Casual vs. Hardcore fairness to keep QQ'ers at bay. Shame.
    It will be interesting to see if Blizzard likes this delivery model. Blizzard has tried a lot of new raiding ideas in 3.x and I am wondering which model they will be using in 4.x. I don't think I will mind the content gate like this, but more so the 'hardmode switch'. I think I am going to prefer the 2 separate raid IDs for regular/hardmode.

You know, part of the reason for the "several weeks" probably has to do with how the Christmas holidays start in a couple of weeks and Blizzard employees probably want to spend the time with their families.

Post deleted