Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account

Re: Progression through ICC (Blue Post)

Giant over-looked pro to this system:
    Being forced to redo bosses each week (or at least choosing to) means more gear for the next set of bosses.
    They're making the competition for world first less about which guilds have the most raid groups running (though I think doing that is good).

Generally, I think its a way to help even out gear-ups, and force more gearing up throughout the course of the raid. Basiclaly they are saying you won't kill the LK with ToGC gear, you'll need a good ammount of gear allong the way.

Quote Originally Posted by RitaSkeeter420
    Yeah it sounds really awesome that with only 5 boss attempts the first week people will have so much to do! Like do 5 boss attempts and that's it.... I just don't understand why people who play less want people who play more to be unable to play more, this is just insane. Why on earth would anyone pve anymore? It cannot take up enough time to be enough of a game to play and hold any interest to someone with more than an hour a night to play.
    I think you are missing the point. The 5 attempts is only on the one boss - Professor Putricide. You can use however many attempts you want on the 6 bosses that precede her.

10+ Year Old Account

i havent been on mmo in a while but last time i was on it was during the streams of the deathbringer fight.
    now correct me if im wrong but it looked like no one was capable of downing him and a lot of people were saying that that is because he is a gear check. so in all honesty even without the gated system it might still take a while before he is downed cause of that.
    "Didn't we have some fun...though? Remember when the platform was sliding into the fire pit and I said 'Goodbye' and you were like 'No way' and then I was all 'We pretended we were going to murder you'......that was great"

Can you please explain? By top end do you mean a guild that raids non-stop until they kill a boss cause its a progression night, like many top 100 guilds did to Ulduar?

You are right, I definitely have not ever been in a guild that raids more than 16 hours a week.
    Ok, now we are on a good base for discussion.
    Can you explain me why a guy who is paying for the game cannot enjoy it the way he wants ?
    If I pay the exact same price than you and I want (and enjoy) raiding with my friends 4 hours a day, 5 days a week...why in the hell shouldn't I be allowed to do so ???
    Please do not be agressive please. The "you are an idiot" thing was not necessary....

PS: sorry for (maybe?) poor english, it's not my native language.

Quote Originally Posted by Gentlemen
    Icecrown Citadel = IC not ICC.
    IceCrown Citadel = ICC not IC
    Don't forget that without sentry totem raid bosses would often sneak up on us.

Thank you blizzard!

This raid instance will last a while, have an epic feel toward the end (when the lich king can finally be fought) and with the limited amount of attempts its about good attempts not how many hours you have to play.

I like where blizzard is going with wow. End game is possible to all players not just players with more time to play then others.

cheers,

End game is possible to all players not just players with more time to play then others.

Welcome to world of casualcraft, the place where Hardcore Guilds raid less time than Casual guilds.

If you think you have a crappy progression because of your /played , you missed something. Raiding on Ulduar 3 days a week for over 6 months doesn't sound casual to me ( compary to a HC guild that just blowed the place up and is now raiding 2 days a week )

Ok, now we are on a good base for discussion.
    Can you explain me why a guy who is paying for the game cannot enjoy it the way he wants ?
    You can enjoy it equally as much as the person playing less time. BUT!!! if the person playing less time can down the boss in the amount of attempts and you cannot, then they get the loot and you don't.

If I pay the exact same price than you and I want (and enjoy) raiding with my friends 4 hours a day, 5 days a week...why in the hell shouldn't I be allowed to do so ???
    You can but on a few bosses you only get a few attempts. make them count.

Quote Originally Posted by Cazualcraft

Welcome to world of casualcraft, the place where Hardcore Guilds raid less time than Casual guilds.

If you think you have a crappy progression because of your /played , you missed something. Raiding on Ulduar 3 days a week for over 6 months doesn't sound casual to me ( compary to a HC guild that just blowed the place up and is now raiding 2 days a week )
    what is casual about it? because the amount of attempts you can try on certain bosses is capped? This is simple a cap to endless raid wiping techniques.

Personally its a welcome to the World of Skillcraft. where you raid progression is based on using the resources you have better then the next guild, and time and endless wiping is no longer a resource.

What a joke. This is another attempt of Bliizzard to slow down progression, how about you make the content a little more dfficult instead of gating the damn thing. If you can't figure out how to clear an instance in a year to see all the content, then well you don't deserve to see it.

I miss the days of BT and Sunwell. Sad state of WoW PvE these days.
    I could have healed Jesus off of the cross.

The only thing I see changing as a result of the limited attempts: (besides some people not being able to try the boss as much as they feel they should because they pay for the game)

Guilds that got world or server firsts simply due to the fact they play earlier in the week and/or do more attempts than other guilds will be pushed back in the ranks.

If you really want to do the boss again and you have so much time, sucks for you

Quote Originally Posted by Hossman
    What a joke. This is another attempt of Bliizzard to slow down progression, how about you make the content a little more dfficult instead of gating the damn thing. If you can't figure out how to clear an instance in a year to see all the content, then well you don't deserve to see it.

umm sunwell was gated.... you saying it was a joke too?

Quote Originally Posted by brutnus
    You can enjoy it equally as much as the person playing less time. BUT!!! if the person playing less time can down the boss in the amount of attempts and you cannot, then they get the loot and you don't.

You can but on a few bosses you only get a few attempts. make them count.

Ok, let it go.
    Your 1st answer was an epic example of "mauvaise foi" (french expression, I didn't find the translation sry)

A: " I want to play as much as I want! "
    B: " Oh ? You can ! But..... "

/facepalm

so much hatred and rage in this one...

Why is it so bad for blizzard to want people to talk about and play ICC for longer then a month? The content is difficult and capped on attempts. Shouldn't everyone get the chance to experience fighting the ICC when everyone else is fighting ICC?

I dont really understand that post, do 10mans will also have the attempts? or its only for 25mans?

So 2hrs of raiding for 3-4 weeks, waaaaat?

Quote Originally Posted by Kebab
    I dont really understand that post, do 10mans will also have the attempts? or its only for 25mans?
    both

Sunwell 2.0 is here sir.
    You face not Malchezaar alone, but the legions he commands.

We're basically being made to keep farming ToC while trying both normal and hardmodes in ICC.

Are the people in this thread supporting this idea so blind that they dont realize Blizz is purposefully trying to stretch the last major patch so much that we wont even see normal mode Arthas for several months? We wont even be putting in attempts at heroic IC until late Feb or March. Gated content (every couple weeks, not every week) combined with limited attempts combined with forcing the players to completely clear normal modes before starting hard modes makes for a long ass time before we see all the content.

They have tried to pull this shit before and the community backlashed and they are doing it again. I would be very interested in the seeing the subscription numbers going into Cat after this stunt.

Buy, hey, at least we have mohawk grenades...