Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ...

Re: Progression through ICC (Blue Post)

I want to say something what hasn´t said before.

I just though, Maybe, just MAYBE. Blizzard is using the time between the Bosses to finetune them. So you wouldn´t steamroll through the second encounters as easy as the first. (and so on). On the PTRs blizzard has much Premade Chars, and not such a broad playerbase. If they see: "Oh Crap, they steamroll through the first 4 bosses like nothing" the still have some room to make the last 7 Bosses harder.

Well, they could do that.

people taking about this easy mode buff u get from icecrown i do believe it says u can opt it out if u wish so do that instead of making a qq post about it

Blizzard has stated that we'll need to kill arthas on normal mode to unlock hard mode ICC, right? (Correct me if I'm wrong).

So if Arthas isn't going to be out for months, I'm going to have to farm easy mode content and wait even longer to access hard mode, making it that much less epic when I finally get to tie my right hand behind my back and hop on one foot to make it more sporting and give the boss a chance this time.

They decided on gated/limitted attempts so that world firsts didn't go to guilds that wiped 80000000 times in a week over guilds that didn't wipe at all, but only raided 9 or 10 hours a week.

I don't care about world firsts, they're great for those who get them, but since they're only actually good for bragging rights I don't see why blizzard has to slow *everyone* down by this much just to be sure that skill wins over persistence when it comes to something that doesn't actually have any impact.

Deleted

Maybe they just want to keep things under control until Cataclysm is released. "As the terrible war against the Lich King continues" bla bla... so maybe when we get to Arthas the cataclysmic event will start

Dunno, just my idea.

Quote Originally Posted by agir215
    Blizzard has stated that we'll need to kill arthas on normal mode to unlock hard mode ICC, right? (Correct me if I'm wrong).

So if Arthas isn't going to be out for months, I'm going to have to farm easy mode content and wait even longer to access hard mode, making it that much less epic when I finally get to tie my right hand behind my back and hop on one foot to make it more sporting and give the boss a chance this time.

They decided on gated/limitted attempts so that world firsts didn't go to guilds that wiped 80000000 times in a week over guilds that didn't wipe at all, but only raided 9 or 10 hours a week.

I don't care about world firsts, they're great for those who get them, but since they're only actually good for bragging rights I don't see why blizzard has to slow *everyone* down by this much just to be sure that skill wins over persistence when it comes to something that doesn't actually have any impact.
    Im starting to get really sick of people like you!

First of all, "They decided on gated/limitted attempts so that world firsts didn't go to guilds that wiped 80000000 times in a week over guilds that didn't wipe at all, but only raided 9 or 10 hours a week." is as stupid a statement as ever... im 100% sure it will be be the exact few guilds competeting for, aswell as getting, WF cause they have so fare shown to be the best in no matter what content the last years... wont change now just because blizzard wants it to last longer in fear of some getting so damn bored after nuking the easy content that they leave wow before Cata. Its a direct disgrace imho to the people in Promonition, Ensidia etc to say they only get WF because of the amount of time they put into it right after patchday. They truly are some of the best players in this game and what they do is done mostly because of their exeptional knowledge in their class and spec aswell as how to think in new ways to master what you do to be the best.

And what does it matter if you care about world first? so becoming the best tennis player in the world is only usefull for bragging? Some people actually get a kick out of being part of the "competition" and just because you suck and cant play with the great guys cause you would end on the bench all the time is just insanely childish. Dont tell the hardcore players they have less right to have their fun in this game than you!!!

And yes, im just a fellow casual player... just cant take all this bs from all the whining people that talks bad on the better players of this game just because they feal jealous. (cause why else whine about what others do/have?)

Some people actually get a kick out of being part of the "competition" and just because you suck and cant play with the great guys cause you would end on the bench all the time is just insanely childish. Dont tell the hardcore players they have less right to have their fun in this game than you!!!
    QFT

Quote Originally Posted by chicimono
    people taking about this easy mode buff u get from icecrown i do believe it says u can opt it out if u wish so do that instead of making a qq post about it
    let them QQ
    that "buff" is actually a mean to speed up normal clearing..
    heck, the hardest part of bt when it was on farm status was doing both bt and mh in the same night with little hassle..
    if they want to buff me while i farm the normal mode content after clearing it already several times, sure, be my guest...

Quote Originally Posted by LanToaster
    You are right, it IS to drag out content, but instead of QQing you should start on owning like the ProGuilds. I dont think they accomplish it only because they raid 40hours a week.
    The "ProGuilds" accomplish it because they spent a lot of time training in the PTR, some of them practice with alts before spending the 5 attempts on their mains. Telling your everyday end-game guilds to do those things is just retarded. I'm not going to spend a second on the PTR because I don't want to see half finished content, and I don't want to provide Blizzard free services instead of them paying for professional testing.

The change could take you into a little bit deeper gameplay, you could spent a little more time on the Boss by thinking about it. If he kills you: Take your time, and analyze what Happened. And then Try it better. If you are as good as you claim and WoW is as easy as you claim, you have no Problem with only 5 attempts.
    If you have a Problem with waiting, a week or two for a new couple of bosses, do what you do now:
    Stick with it, or quit your account to the point where Arthas is aviable and Faceroll through it then.
    Every competent guild already does those things. However, chances are that you will end up wasting many tries due to disconnects, bugs, client crashes, server lag, and a million other things that are out of your control and have nothing to do with actually learning the encounter. Every guild has people that need longer to learn to execute their roles in the fights, severely limited attempts just mean that you need to get lucky with who gets targeted by any special mechanics in the fight. Limited attempts at end bosses are just about the worst thing Blizzard has ever introduced into this game.

Some people actually get a kick out of being part of the "competition" and just because you suck and cant play with the great guys cause you would end on the bench all the time is just insanely childish. Dont tell the hardcore players they have less right to have their fun in this game than you!!!
    Great post - agree!

The "ProGuilds" accomplish it because they spent a lot of time training in the PTR, some of them practice with alts before spending the 5 attempts on their mains. Telling your everyday end-game guilds to do those things is just retarded. I'm not going to spend a second on the PTR because I don't want to see half finished content, and I don't want to provide Blizzard free services instead of them paying for professional testing
    LeperHerring, we clear most modes with my guild, never been to PTR, never practiced them with alts, and it does not need a 40hrs approach to down hardmode content. And I agree, worst part about WOTLK is the disconnects, bugs and crashes - nothing worse when you are doing a good run on TOC25 heroic and 2 tanks disconnect... we are usually working around the disconnects with backflip jumps in the encounter, rather than enjoying the fights.

Personally I think this is a bs move by blizzard. Here's my analogy of what blizzard is doing, ala World of Burgercraft:

World of Burgercraft Employee: Good day sir, and welcome to World of Burgercraft. How can I help you today?

Customer: Yes, I'd like a number 3 combo, with ketchup and mayo only, fries, and Coke.

WBE: Okay, that will be 14.99, please take a number and we will bring it out to you in a few minutes.

C: Alright.

(5 minutes later)

WBE: Okay, here's your bun; your burger, ketchup, mayo, cheese, fries, and coke will be out in another 5 to 10 minutes each.

C: What? But I paid your for the whole thing all at once, what is this crap?

WBE: We here at WoB are dedicated to providing the you the customer with the most enjoyable eating experience possible, and it is our opinion that to experience the most fulfillment from our meals that you the customer partake in only a small part of the meal at one time.

C: That's just stupid, I want my money back, they never do this at Hardeequest.

WBE: I'm sorry you feel that way sir, but we cannot return any funds tendered.

C: Well, can I at least have my drink then?

WBE: I'm sorry, you're drink will be brought out to in another 5-10 minutes, but you will only be allowed to take 5 sips from said drink, at which time we will take the drink back for another 5 minutes. And then after said 5 minutes, you will only be able to take 6 sips from your drink before we take it back yet again.

C: Oh that's it. I'm never coming back here again.

WBE: Are you sure? You have already paid for your meal and you may as well stay and see what the actual meat burger tastes like.

C: Ugh, fine. It's not like I have anything else better to do. /sigh

Ok well, you get the point. That's all for now.

Quote Originally Posted by z01z
    Personally I think this is a bs move by blizzard. Here's my analogy of what blizzard is doing, ala World of Burgercraft:

World of Burgercraft Employee: Good day sir, and welcome to World of Burgercraft. How can I help you today?

Customer: Yes, I'd like a number 3 combo, with ketchup and mayo only, fries, and Coke.

WBE: Okay, that will be 14.99, please take a number and we will bring it out to you in a few minutes.

C: Alright.

(5 minutes later)

WBE: Okay, here's your bun; your burger, ketchup, mayo, cheese, fries, and coke will be out in another 5 to 10 minutes each.

C: What? But I paid your for the whole thing all at once, what is this crap?

WBE: We here at WoB are dedicated to providing the you the customer with the most enjoyable eating experience possible, and it is our opinion that to experience the most fulfillment from our meals that you the customer partake in only a small part of the meal at one time.

C: That's just stupid, I want my money back, they never do this at Hardeequest.

WBE: I'm sorry you feel that way sir, but we cannot return any funds tendered.

C: Well, can I at least have my drink then?

WBE: I'm sorry, you're drink will be brought out to in another 5-10 minutes, but you will only be allowed to take 5 sips from said drink, at which time we will take the drink back for another 5 minutes. And then after said 5 minutes, you will only be able to take 6 sips from your drink before we take it back yet again.

C: Oh that's it. I'm never coming back here again.

WBE: Are you sure? You have already paid for your meal and you may as well stay and see what the actual meat burger tastes like.

C: Ugh, fine. It's not like I have anything else better to do. /sigh

Ok well, you get the point. That's all for now.

True. I agree with you.

Well, I don't mind the gating so much, sure I would prefer the whole instance in once more but the thing that worries me is the limit of attempts. Let us enjoy the game as much as we want? It's like a 100 meter running race, and you are only able to take 5 steps... Yeh, great idea.
    When I want to log out, where's the save button? I can't find it anywhere, been logged in for three years now.

Think of it from Blizzards POV, if there was no gates or limited attempts i can assure you the top 300 or so guilds will down all of ICC in the first 3 days, hardmodes sure will take an extra 1-4 weeks but still, the whole tier only lasting about a month? Blizzard will lose to many players if they complete it too fast and just quit till cataclysm. By introducing this gated/ limited attempts it will last alot longer and will keep more people entertained till the xpac.

Personally i like the gated system where they release a group of bosses every couple of weeks, but the limited attempts is a load of shit.

Quote Originally Posted by Gron
    LeperHerring, we clear most modes with my guild, never been to PTR, never practiced them with alts, and it does not need a 40hrs approach to down hardmode content. And I agree, worst part about WOTLK is the disconnects, bugs and crashes - nothing worse when you are doing a good run on TOC25 heroic and 2 tanks disconnect... we are usually working around the disconnects with backflip jumps in the encounter, rather than enjoying the fights.
    We have cleared all the content in the game at the moment, and we don't raid for 40hr. By "ProGuilds" I was referring to guilds that compete for world firsts and the tactics they use. The new change is pushing guilds like mine, that just want to raid rather than compete for world firsts, to use same tactics as the "ProGuilds" if we want to have a realistic chance of downing bosses in the 5 attempts Blizzard is giving us. And that's completely wrong.

can any1 of u actually his own tac fow boss or no u are now all pros cause u actually sawed end game for the first time
    bosses in icc wont be hard at all and u gonna down them in 2 att not 5......
    u alrdy qq and the thing isnt out yet dont be scared u gonna have ur ach and u gonna spam for 3 months in trade how u are LFG for icc and then u gonna link ur ach while ur dick is rising in ur pants
    blizz actually made this mmo best and it will be better with cata but there will be always scrubs 2 cry about everything

I am Warlock - Play Free Online Games
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cYq9v...layer_embedded -Vimpe (Tot)ally Fails 2 - Trailer VIMPE!!

Quote Originally Posted by Janke
    can any1 of u actually his own tac fow boss or no u are now all pros cause u actually sawed end game for the first time
    u alrdy qq and the thing isnt out yet dont be scared u gonna have ur ach and u gonna spam for 3 months in trade how u are LFG for icc and then u gonna link ur ach while ur dick is rising in ur pants
    blizz actually made this mmo best and it will be better with cata but there will be always scrubs 2 cry about everything
    wut?

Quote Originally Posted by Janke
    without a word of a lie that is quite possible the worst english i have ever seen