ICC Gate System Idea

Hey!
    Alot of people aren't satisfied with the gate system off ICC. Why can Blizzard put some effort into the game and maybe make a system similiar to the Sunwell System at least? Dailies to get longer into the instance, support the Ashen Verdict with resources to help them get the defenses of ICC down?
    Just an idea.

Regards,
    Upptagen
    When I want to log out, where's the save button? I can't find it anywhere, been logged in for three years now.

15+ Year Old Account

Re: ICC Gate System Idea

It's only to buy some time for Cataclysm and that ICC will not be cleared too quick.

Yes, ofc. I know that. But instead off just unlocking make us work for it? Then we got something to do.
    When I want to log out, where's the save button? I can't find it anywhere, been logged in for three years now.

Quote Originally Posted by Upptagen
    Yes, ofc. I know that. But instead off just unlocking make us work for it? Then we got something to do.
    I think it will be like this. I mean, TotC had no reason to gate their encounters, Blizzard just did that with no particular in game reason.

On the other hand, now we're pushing into a major enemy fortress and working through it progressively with a bunch of guys calls the Ashen Verdict. I think they have major potential to add a justified gating system here. At least from what I've seen of the scripts, we are more or less 'pushing' through this instance with a bunch of crusaders, a different group every time.

I'm more concerned about the attempts cap system. 5 attemps in the first week? Does that mean the bosses are going to be super easy to compensate, or are we going to have to wait a few weeks to get him down?

This is looking like a tough instance. And I hope I'm right, we've been deprived of one, barring the higher echelons of Ulduar and it's hard modes.

Quote Originally Posted by Lotharion
    I'm more concerned about the attempts cap system. 5 attemps in the first week? Does that mean the bosses are going to be super easy to compensate, or are we going to have to wait a few weeks to get him down?
    Ok everyone who thinks this please go back and reread the blue post. You get 5 attempts on Professor Putricide. You can use an infinite amount of attempts on the 6 bosses before her! How can no one understand this, its 5 attempts per end-wing boss and they only count when attempting one of those 3 bosses or the lich king. There are 9 other bosses you can wipe on all nigth long if you want !!

Just sayin..

Deleted

I miss the times were you could go all out in ulduar 10 man and just stay up till early in the morning to clear it server first...

Blizzard is trying to control the progress a bit to much imo.

New Dailyes?!?

NO PLEASE!!!!
    Click Here Please ^^
    --> http://s1.gladiatus.it/game/c.php?uid=116429 <--

I think it will be like this. I mean, TotC had no reason to gate their encounters, Blizzard just did that with no particular in game reason.
    The justification was because Tirion and the crew were out trying to find the biggest and baddest challenges he could put before us. I guess the way to explain how we kiled Twins and nothing happened but a week later ol' Arthas decided to pull the rug out from under us is that Tirion went looking for a challenge greater than the twins, but couldn't find one. So Tirion was just going to reward us after defeating Twins and then Arthas drops in.

The only thing that really does suck is the easymode buff that will be introduced later simply because there will probably be no incentive to not have it.
    You may now kiss the ring.

Deal with it, your QQ won't change anything.

Quote Originally Posted by Upptagen
    Hey!
    Alot of people aren't satisfied with the gate system off ICC. Why can Blizzard put some effort into the game and maybe make a system similiar to the Sunwell System at least? Dailies to get longer into the instance, support the Ashen Verdict with resources to help them get the defenses of ICC down?
    Just an idea.

Regards,
    Upptagen
    Except, ya know, the fact that the dailies had nothing to do with getting any further into the instance in Sunwell. Sunwell used the same gated system as ICC, where the gates fell to get further into the instance on a timer, no in-game quest made it go any faster. At the begginning it did, there was a repeatable quest to kill 25 man raid bosses and the more you did that the more gates you would unlock. But they ditched that idea for the simple timer idea.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0H3-N9zoI5c Amazing video of 60+ devilsaurs raiding Undercity!

My God, what a horrible creation. People seeing what they want? Thank God they tried to shy away from that. I know it pisses me off when I'm in an heroic raid, yet in the back of my head all I can think is 'some casual player is playing a heroic dungeon and not wiping.' -Vodkarn

Deleted

On the other hand, now we're pushing into a major enemy fortress and working through it progressively with a bunch of guys calls the Ashen Verdict. I think they have major potential to add a justified gating system here. At least from what I've seen of the scripts, we are more or less 'pushing' through this instance with a bunch of crusaders, a different group every time.

This is looking like a tough instance. And I hope I'm right, we've been deprived of one, barring the higher echelons of Ulduar and it's hard modes.
    Attempts increase by 5 every time you kill a wing.

Quote Originally Posted by Leé the Noble
    Attempts increase by 5 every time you kill a wing.
    And are only consumed in the 4 most difficult fights.

Putricide
    Blood Queen
    Sindragosa
    Arthas
    You may now kiss the ring.

Likely Blizzard realized ICC is too easy, and they will want to extend life of the game while they do Cata.

Quote Originally Posted by Ivorion
    I miss the times were you could go all out in ulduar 10 man and just stay up till early in the morning to clear it server first...

Blizzard is trying to control the progress a bit to much imo.
    Because of limited attempts on the P. Putricide, Blood Queen, Sindragosa, Arthas. It forces people to focus more on planning ahead, which I think greatly improves the teamwork experience.

I think it's alot better than favouring people that plays excessively/obsessively just to be #1, which isn't a very healthy lifestyle and shouldn't be encouraged by any gaming company.

i highly doubt that just because blizz is putting in gate systemm for ICC does not mean it is easy im tired of people qq'ing over this, as i have seen a few people reply to these comments as blizz doing to give more time for cataclysm which it most likely is.

I just hope that it is going to be a hard instance ;D

if you want to quit, just quit... gated raids shouldn't keep you paying your monthly fee... :

It's just a game.

Deleted

Quote Originally Posted by t_P
    The only thing that really does suck is the easymode buff that will be introduced later simply because there will probably be no incentive to not have it.
    In the weeks and months after all twelve encounters are unlocked, additional attempts against the final four boss encounters become available. This represents the Ashen Verdict growing more powerful and gaining a stronger foothold in Icecrown Citadel. To further help raids, Varian Wrynn and Garrosh Hellscream will begin to provide assistance by inspiring the armies attacking Icecrown Citadel. This is represented as an additional zone wide spell effect applied to all players that will increase their hit points, damage dealt, and healing done. This effect will also increase in effectiveness over time. Players may opt out of the spell's effect if they so wish.
    I recommend: