Page 1 of 2
LastLast

MM Opening Shot Rotation

Here's my current Opening Shot rotation for raid bosses. I think it looks pretty good, but i'm always looking for improvement so criticism is welcome. I'm using a Wolf, and at the moment I'm keeping Furious Howl on auto until I get a Darkness Card to stack with it. Keep in mind that this would be at the start of a boss with everything available:

Hunter's Mark
    Serpent Sting + Silencing Shot (Added DPS)
    Macro (Triggers Rapid Fire, Call of the Wild, and Trinket (Chorium Coaster)
    Chimera Shot
    Aimed Shot
    Arcane Shot
    Steady Shot

Re: MM Opening Shot Rotation

Looks good. Same as me

MD should be in there, i like to keep silencing shot out of my serpent sting so as to not waste charges of MD on it or pull agro quickly if i dont have md up. I macro petattack into my serpent shot because i only serpent when i switch targets, this ensures that my pet is always dpsing the correct target which makes a huge difference on fights like Jaraxus hard mode. Personally i dont like to burn my CD's till the second chimera shot just to give the tank some fodder, i hate having to FD with all my cooldowns up.
    Once Elendur of Arthas.

Quote Originally Posted by Nanite
    MD should be in there, i like to keep silencing shot out of my serpent sting so as to not waste charges of MD on it or pull agro quickly if i dont have md up. I macro petattack into my serpent shot because i only serpent when i switch targets, this ensures that my pet is always dpsing the correct target which makes a huge difference on fights like Jaraxus hard mode. Personally i dont like to burn my CD's till the second chimera shot just to give the tank some fodder, i hate having to FD with all my cooldowns up.
    Ok. So something along the lines of this then?:

Hunter's Mark
    Misdirection
    Serpent sting, Pet attack, Kill Command(Forgot about this)
    etc.

I usually do this:

MD on pull
    Hunter's Mark+Petattack
    Serpent sting
    CS
    AiS
    Steady x 4

CS
    AiS
    FD
    Blow cooldowns+Readiness

Quote Originally Posted by Talais
    Ok. So something along the lines of this then?:

Hunter's Mark
    Misdirection
    Serpent sting, Pet attack, Kill Command(Forgot about this)
    etc.
    basically except kill command is macro'ed into all my abilities besides serpent sting. Its most likely just me being paranoid but i dont like macro'ing any dmg abilities into serpent sting i like to at least give the tank a few seconds. I'd hate to loose my pet to a silly miss by the tank.
    Once Elendur of Arthas.

doesn't call of teh wild auto proc? like wolf howl?

basically except kill command is macro'ed into all my abilities besides serpent sting. Its most likely just me being paranoid but i dont like macro'ing any dmg abilities into serpent sting i like to at least give the tank a few seconds. I'd hate to loose my pet to a silly miss by the tank.
    when you say you macro'd in all your abilities, whats the macro?

Quote Originally Posted by Zurth
    when you say you macro'd in all your abilities, whats the macro?
    For all Except Serpent:
    #showtooltip SPELL NAME
    /cast Kill Command
    /cast Silencing Shot
    /cast SPELL NAME

You can also macro in an on use trinket but i like to use that myself
    Serpent is just:
    #showtooltip Serpent Sting
    /cast Serpent Sting
    /petattack
    Once Elendur of Arthas.

Ok so here's what i've come up with (Keep in mind Kill Command + Silencing Shot are also Macro'd into all shots):
    Misdirection
    Hunter's Mark
    Serpent Sting
    Chimera Shot
    Aimed Shot
    Arcane Shot
    Steady Shot
    Rapid Fire + Readiness
    Kill Shot (If available)

That's without Trinket specials, Call of the Wild, and Furious Howl. Once I get the Trinket that Procs for 300 Agility i'll mess around with these. Until then Im just keeping Furious Howl on Auto.

Ok so here's what i've come up with (Keep in mind Kill Command + Silencing Shot are also Macro'd into all shots):
    Hunter's Mark
    Misdirection
    Serpent Sting
    Chimera Shot
    Aimed Shot
    Arcane Shot
    Steady Shot
    Rapid Fire + Readiness
    Kill Shot (If available)

That's without Trinket specials, Call of the Wild, and Furious Howl. Once I get the Trinket that Procs for 300 Agility i'll mess around with these. Until then Im just keeping Furious Howl on Auto.
    This.
    Once Elendur of Arthas.

If you talking about your starting rotation.. me personally (not sure if this s 100% right)

Hunters Mark
    *run in* serpent sting
    MD
    CS
    AS
    SS
    *repeat SS until CS is off CD*
    FD
    CS
    AS
    RF
    SS
    SS
    SS
    *repeat SS until CS is off CD/rapid fire has finished*
    CS
    AS
    Readyness
    CS
    AS
    Rapidfire
    SS
    SS
    SS
    SS
    SS etc

Bearing in mind that kill command and all pet howls etc are marco'd in

This.
    Why no arcane shot? :-\

why are u guys opening a md with stings ? i cant follow that logic at all, sry
    open with a heavy hitter like aimned or so thats 100000xbetter TPS wise aso
    Quote Originally Posted by Swizzle View Post
    Kael'thas and Kil'Jaeden are actually quite similar. For one, both names start with the letter K, which is short for...kuhraaaaazy. Second, both had a hard-on for the color red and blood-elf girls. Third, they both were defeated at the Sunwell. Lastly, they both hate people who make threads comparing things that are as different as bananas and grape drink.

Why no arcane shot? :-\
    If you have over 350 arp, and decent gear Steady shot does higher dmg than arcane shot. So you should only cast arcane if you are on the move and there is no other instant shot to use.
    Once Elendur of Arthas.

Numerous things here.

Never ever use a sting or a silencing shot as one of your three shots after misdirection - silencing shot macro'd with another ability will be fine after 3.3, but not before then.
    As far as my opener - I don't count MD as it should be applied before the pull, not after it, same applies for Hunter's Mark. For a regular opener without an MD:

Serpent
    Chimera
    Aimed
    Rapid Fire + Blood Fury + On-use trinket + Call of the Wild + Readiness (these are all macro'd so that they use one button press and one GCD.
    Serpent (because this is when your AP is at it's highest, refreshing it will cause it to do more damage for the entire duration it's up - which should generally be for the rest of the boss fight)
    Chimera
    Aimed
    Steady until Chimera is off c/d.
    Chimera
    Aimed
    Rapid Fire
    Steady
    Chimera
    Aimed
    Steady etc etc

If you have over 350 arp, and decent gear Steady shot does higher dmg than arcane shot. So you should only cast arcane if you are on the move and there is no other instant shot to use.
    Actually, that's incorrect. Steady's overall damage is more dependant on your crit rate than your armor pen, because the only reason it betters arcane shot is for piercing shots.

Quote Originally Posted by Kaiten
    Actually, that's incorrect. Steady's overall damage is more dependant on your crit rate than your armor pen, because the only reason it betters arcane shot is for piercing shots.
    I know this thats why i specified a decent level of gear.
    EDIT: would anyone mind tossing up there rapidfire/readiness macro i have just been using one after another a macro would save me a valuable bind.
    Once Elendur of Arthas.

Quote Originally Posted by Kaiten
    Serpent
    Chimera
    Aimed
    Rapid Fire + Blood Fury + On-use trinket + Call of the Wild + Readiness (these are all macro'd so that they use one button press and one GCD.
    Serpent (because this is when your AP is at it's highest, refreshing it will cause it to do more damage for the entire duration it's up - which should generally be for the rest of the boss fight)
    Use Chimera/Aimed while under the effects of Blood Fury/ Call of the Wild then pop readiness and use them again.

Every time you use Chimera Shot, it refreshes Serpent Sting to your current AP level.

I know this thats why i specified a decent level of gear.
    EDIT: would anyone mind tossing up there rapidfire/readiness macro i have just been using one after another a macro would save me a valuable bind.
    #showtooltip Rapid Fire
    /Cast Rapid Fire
    /Cast Readiness