Page 1 of 2
LastLast

glyph of beacon of light bug!

i just discovered this bug today and i absolutely love it!

if you have beacon of light glyphed and you cast it TWICE on yourself, the duration will increase to 120 seconds instead of 90! i tried casting it twice on someone else and it didnt happen so i thought meh, i dont keep BoL on myself during raids... BUT i found out that if i cast it TWICE on myself and then ONCE on another person, he will get the 120 second duration

Feel free to PM me about any question you might have regarding LoL.
    Holy paladin

Re: glyph of beacon of light bug!

I would keep this information to myself.
    http://www.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Lightning's+Blade&n=Hohenhe%C3%ADm
    http://www.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Lightning's+Blade&n=Caim
    Quote Originally Posted by ScottK15
    skill>penis/vag

Quote Originally Posted by Horn
    I would keep this information to myself.
    Why? your spending twice the mana for a 33% increase in duration. fail.

err 3x the mana... math is hard
    (This signature was removed for violation of the Avatar & Signature Guidelines)

Are you sure it's not just your timer being stupid? Im going to test this now. Will report back results in 90 seconds if it doesn't work or two minutes if it does.
    testing the 2x on self..

And if you worry about mana, you're not playing holy right.

OP Confirmed. 2x BoL on self = 2m duration.
    Testing it on another

just tried it
    and I can confirm it works.

now please don't spread this, this will get nerfed as soon as possible xD

OP Is 100% correct. 2 min duration on target if you double cast on self then on them
    Wow. This could be groundbreaking for arena. use it during prep etc.
    /thread

15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Bananengurke
    just tried it
    and I can confirm it works.

now please don't spread this, this will get nerfed as soon as possible xD
    less then 24h left, just like last time
    if you want to exploit a bug dont publish it lol
    Blizz read a lot of forum

omg dude don't post about this. I've been using this bug since ToC was released, it's a really old bug but hardly anyone knows about it. You just cast it on yourself once, then cast it on whoever u want and it lasts 120seconds. Its extremely good for fights like anub25hc where GC's matter alot and you dont want to waste a second just reapplying beacon.

but srsly shhhhhhhh old bug is old, and i dont want it fixed!

you should probably change your post... "I've been using this bug for a couple months now" doesn't really sound good when Blizz starts fixing it and handing out exploit bans.

Deleted

Quote Originally Posted by kumduh
    you should probably change your post... "I've been using this bug for a couple months now" doesn't really sound good when Blizz starts fixing it and handing out exploit bans.
    and they can prove who he is? =)

Blizzard is the Allmighty! They see it all!

;D

Quote Originally Posted by kumduh
    It's not an exploit

it doesn't even radically alter the functioning of the spell, just gives a you a little more mana at the start of the fight and slightly less gcd action

woo

This has been like this since day one of the glyph ... hasent been fixed yet, im sure Blizzard intended this in some way or form ... never expect good things to be mistakes, they may be intended

We all know that BoL still works after the actual buff wears off your target (for about 30seconds), but this bug is ... well ... weird. I wouldn't start using it because it'll be fixed soon-ish likely.

Anyway, 33% increased duration isn't something game breaking, or worth spending 3 times the mana for it.

Quote Originally Posted by Lark
    It's not an exploit

it doesn't even radically alter the functioning of the spell, just gives a you a little more mana at the start of the fight and slightly less gcd action

woo
    Yes. It is an exploit. It is manipulating game mechanics in an unintended way to gain an advantage over others. It is minor. Blizz probably won't bother banning for it, but it is still an exploit.

Stop lying to yourselves people. At least be honest about your dishonesty. I bet you are the same people who download songs and say "I'm not stealing it!"

lol ive noticed the 2min duration myself but i thought its because interface cant show 1.5min duration on self and was 2min then 30s after 1min, if u got what i mean.

Quote Originally Posted by Myysticc
    omg dude don't post about this. I've been using this bug since ToC was released, it's a really old bug but hardly anyone knows about it. You just cast it on yourself once, then cast it on whoever u want and it lasts 120seconds. Its extremely good for fights like anub25hc where GC's matter alot and you dont want to waste a second just reapplying beacon.

but srsly shhhhhhhh old bug is old, and i dont want it fixed!
    http://eu.wowarmory.com/character-sh...est&n=Myysticc
    in case the Blizz people reading this wanted to know who he was ...
    Quote Originally Posted by Separate
    Quote from: July 16, 2009, 11:14:07 pm
    So cancel your shit, dont come crying to people who you think care.

Ive said it before in a thread and ill say it again. I fucking hate roast beef but i dont go into an Arby's every day and say "FUCK ROAST BEEF"

yep tested it. its not a bug duration is same. fail post!

Quote Originally Posted by telemain
    Yes. It is an exploit. It is manipulating game mechanics in an unintended way to gain an advantage over others. It is minor. Blizz probably won't bother banning for it, but it is still an exploit.

Stop lying to yourselves people. At least be honest about your dishonesty. I bet you are the same people who download songs and say "I'm not stealing it!"
    They are not 'manipulating' the game in any away. It is in no way changing the mechanics of the game that Blizzard has released for us to use. Therefore it is a bug. Besides, how is it giving you an advantage over others..... 1 GCD aint alot in the majority of fights. It's not like IT's Arcane Blast continuously stacking past 4 stacks without the mana increase aswell. Although that would be rather nice :P.
    Retards should not be aided. They should just be pointed toward the coldest pole on which to stick their tongue.
    A Balance Druid who has balanced the Balance in his Balance Spec between Crit and Haste is a Balanced Balance Druid.
    80 Druid (exBC toon), 80 Mage (Arcane), 80 DK (lol), 80 Hunter (MM), 80 Pally(prot/ret), 61 Rogue (Ass/Subt), 80 Lock (Demo/Affli), 23 Warr (Prot/fury hybrid).
    Pally - http://eu.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Thunderhorn&cn=Nikoli.
    Hunter - http://eu.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Thunderhorn&cn=Grubba