10+ Year Old Account

elemental lvling question

To start I would like to say that I have leveled my shaman as enh to 76, its a great spec and the survivability is amazing. That being said the fact that I have lvld a ret pally and dps dk I've grown rather sick of leveling melee classes.

I was wondering if it would be worth switching to Ele now (how is the leveling survivability?) and finishing up the grind, or if I should just suck it up and stay with Enh. I just picked up dual spec and i've always planned on gearing as ele/resto so this would make the 80 transition smoother.

If actions speak louder than words
    I'll be the most deafening noise you've heard.
    I'll be that ringing in your ears
    That will stick around for years.

Re: elemental lvling question

I did something similar, I leveled my shaman to 70 using enh, then switched to ele and I can say the survivability isnt an issues. Just use flame shock, lava burst, chain lightning = mob dead in less than 5 seconds
    You've got thunderstorm to smash enemies away too if they start to gang up, so not only does it make leveling more mana efficient to use it, but it also deals a nice chunk of damage to close by enemies.
    "Can you feel it my son?, closing in all around you."

10+ Year Old Account

ty im def gonna try it out ;D
    If actions speak louder than words
    I'll be the most deafening noise you've heard.
    I'll be that ringing in your ears
    That will stick around for years.

I'm 78 so far and have been leveling as elemental since 70. I have never gotten any issue in survivability.
    Quote Originally Posted by Boubouille
    Because I cannot summon Shadowmourne and actually have to wait until a GM does it before I can query the stats, just like anyone else.

No, just kidding, it's a huge conspiracy of course.

The issue never was with survivability, it was with lower level ele shaman being like a mage but without free food/water.

Once you get lava burst and is 70, you really never have any mana problems as most of our spells are cast with the 40% mana cost reduction buff thing(which I obviously can't recall off the top of my head... clearcast...?)

Anyways, best of luck to you!