Thread: Shadowmourne

Page 17 of 24 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast

Re: Shadowmourne

Well, looking at the quest chain it will take lots of effort to upgrade Shadow's Edge as a single player trying to experience a frozen breath may result in a wipe if not extremely cautious(See the Sindragosa test video), and if the other parts of the the chain has the relatively the same difficulty, then the one who can accomplish them does indeed deserve such a weapon, so give us plate-wearing melee dps some break as this not a random epic drop...

btw, blood dks got some undocumented dps nerf around 1k when with full 245 gear in 3.3, hope its a rather a bug then nerf

I'd love to get this axe, enchant it with fiery weapon, socket it with green gems and use it in a really bad rotation just to fuck with all the theorycrafters out there. Maybe I'd only use it wearing quest blues too.

Quote Originally Posted by SkodLife
    Clearly a Hunter-weapon...

Please no!

Quote Originally Posted by ZenX
    Well, looking at the quest chain it will take lots of effort to upgrade Shadow's Edge as a single player trying to experience a frozen breath may result in a wipe if not extremely cautious(See the Sindragosa test video), and if the other parts of the the chain has the relatively the same difficulty, then the one who can accomplish them does indeed deserve such a weapon, so give us plate-wearing melee dps some break as this not a random epic drop...

btw, blood dks got some undocumented dps nerf around 1k when with full 245 gear in 3.3, hope its a rather a bug then nerf
    Blood is a rather boring spec anyways.

no words :S 10soul fragments = 400 ... omg with 3 red sockets :S

sells for 50 GOLD!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Master Guns
    Holy.
    Fucking.
    Shit.

3 sockets, 223 STR, extra 360 strength from a proc, *ohai berserker 2.0*, PLUS 2 zersk for a fury warrior, christ almighty.You obviously didn't play pre bc if you think any 2h users benefited from Sulfuras. That was replaced into AQ40, and by the GM weapons ten fold. Not to mention lawlnaxxramas. Sulf didn't remain "legendary" for very long.
    It was, however, still one of the better-looking and most recognizable weapons in vanilla. I was pretty casual back then, but I remember going "Oh, nice!" every time I saw it. It still is, really. So is Shadowmourne. *drool*
    "Like it's MY fault some BIG dragon knocked me into a cave full of LITTLE dragons!"
    Quote Originally Posted by Paperweight View Post
    The community didn't go down the shitter because of the LFG system, the LFG system just introduced you to the shitty community in a horribly effective way.

Three... Red... Sockets...

OMG.

This is the most brutal DPS weapon I've ever seen. And it looks great! Worthy of legendary status and an excellent prize to end an expansion with.

I can't stop staring at it. 8)

Deleted

this is going to be THE cc breaker weapon xD

I don't know what to say but inbalance between legendaries split on classes is kinda stupid.

This far there is one more or less viable (and already outdated) legendary for hunters, that's Thori'dal. And castes have got one too, Atiesh. Now the most interesting part comes here: paladins and warriors have got already 5 legendaries: Sulfuras, Thunderfury, Twin Blades of Azzinoth (counts as two) and now Shadowmourne. Paladins can use Val'anyr so that's yet another legendary for them. Yeah casters get their legendary in first raids of Cataclysm but what about hunters? I know if hunters were given melee legendary that would rise so much whining and crying there's no end for it. And when legendary is ranged weapon it means there is only one class that can really benefit from it. Still I'd like to see more love for hunters.

And I actually believed for a half second when they said Shadowmourne would be hunter weapon, blah.

Deleted

The good news is that they nerf proc damage ,but they made it to affect all targets!
    I like it!

S8 gladiator inc...

cant wait to have one

Quote Originally Posted by skatyer
    The good news is that they nerf proc damage ,but they made it to affect all targets!
    I like it!
    The best part about this legendary is that IT WILL NOT be replaced by first tier level 85 epics .

Quote Originally Posted by Unholyground
    The best part about this legendary is that IT WILL NOT be replaced by first tier level 85 epics .
    Yep, because there are so many epics datamined for lvl 85 at this moment.

.. oh wait
    "If you need to add '10char' to be able to post, don't bother posting at all."

Quote Originally Posted by Arachnan
    Yep, because there are so many epics datamined for lvl 85 at this moment.

.. oh wait
    Top end level 85 dmg will be around 1350-1450 (tier 1). So it will only slightly be better, but better still!

Deleted

Quote Originally Posted by Kenjy
    2nd. this is a focused legendary, none of the TF and Sulf resistance (wasted ilvl) . no agility which has appeared on alot of the so called ''warrior oranges''--yeah great stat for them. and strength, stats that are only chased by warriors dk and paladins. Casters need to stop complaining you have been promised the next legendary weapon.
    And that's a bad thing. Casters getting next legendary means that they will get it early or in the middle of expansion. Which means it will suffer the Val'anyr syndrome. IE it will be just slightly more powerful than the weapons of it's time and will be replaced swiftly. Then melees can again have the last legendary of the exp that will be overpowered to hell.

Unique!

Stats look great, just a shame they couldn't make the looks more appealing.

Badass weapon.

The rage of the "theorywhiners" is very boring tho.
    <Method> Tntmaxy #1 #2

How come not "Shadowmourne, <something> of/of the <something>, like just about every legendary weapon so far, except the warglaives, and not counting Kael'thas legendaries. Hopefully they'll add on to its name, seems a little bland so far in the name department.
    Considering that the latter half of its name evokes Frostmourne, possibly the most infamous weapon in WC3 and WoW to date, I don't think this axe needs any more subtitles. It will develop its own name once people start getting it and using it, like...

"Shadowmourne, Greataxe of OMFGdidyouseethosestats?!?"

Unique
    Oh yes indeed. Legendary? Check. Stats that make people orgasm in their seats or stare in catatonic shock? Double check.

Unique? I should certainly hope so. ;D