Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Can't decide on my trinkets.

I know I really should know, but I've heard many different things.

http://www.wowarmory.com/character-s...n=Rebornjackal

Other than Dying curse, which I use when I need the 3% extra hit (mostly just on anub in ffb spec) I have..

1.Embrace of the spider
    2.Talisman of resurgence (which would be for arcane)
    3.Fetish of Volatile power (non heroic version)
    4.Illustration of the dragon soul
    5.Dying Curse

Any help would be nice. I'm still waiting on Reign of the dead.. which I know i'd use.

Re: Can't decide on my trinkets.

Talisman of Resurgence + Illustration of the dragon soul.

Fetish of Volatile power (both versions) is trash.

Like I've said numerous times: I suggest you download Rawr and input your character there. Reply in this topic if you need help with it.

Tryed the Fetish of Volatile power and it works well...

Illustration of the dragon soul + fetish of Volatile power
    Click Here Please ^^
    --> http://s1.gladiatus.it/game/c.php?uid=116429 <--

Quote Originally Posted by thegempolice
    Talisman of Resurgence + Illustration of the dragon soul.

This, Fetish/Talisman of Volatile power is garbage and shouldnt be used by any1. (The normal version is actually worse than forge ember in your gear >.< )

As a note tho, for when you go frostfire (presumably for heroic anub), you should probly switch back to Embrace of the Spider, since IotDS wont stack off blizzard.

Quote Originally Posted by Keilar
    Tryed the Fetish of Volatile power and it works well...

Illustration of the dragon soul + fetish of Volatile power
    Yes it works really well. When you compare it to... nothing. And even then nothing is almost better. I can't believe blizz made a trinket with so much Ilvl 245 fail.

illustration and talisman for arcane, illustration and dying curse ffb.

Like all the others say, talisman and illustration. But i really should try and get Abyssal Rune from ToC Normal. AR is one of the best arc trinkets out there.
    Happy troll since 2005

Quote Originally Posted by Zehlkatur
    Like all the others say, talisman and illustration. But i really should try and get Abyssal Rune from ToC Normal. AR is one of the best arc trinkets out there.
    agreed the 84 haste and the 590 spell power procs almost twice as fast than dying curse... so for arc mages the talisman and abysmal rune are the superior choices

I agree. The theory crafting behind it shows that its worse then the Emblems of Herosim one...

I was surprised that Volatile power was almost worse then blues. I only use mine because I haven't anything better then it then wintergrasp pvp trinkets.

Quote Originally Posted by Browniee
    I agree. The theory crafting behind it shows that its worse then the Emblems of Herosim one...
    Although i don't particularly know how the theorycrafting goes, i recently picked up the heroic version and i'm undecided wether to take it over dying curse ( 292 hit, /w 3% talents and heroic presence ) and using its On-Use effect with icy veins. Should i bother or just trade it to somebody that was in the raid that may need it for an OS?

I'd trade that trinket away for two reasons:

1: People who inspects you will laugh at you
    2: You're mate might not have any other trinket for OS
    3: If you go Dying curse instead you can free up 3 talentpoints from arcane and put them in something fun.

Quote Originally Posted by Troskarin
    I'd trade that trinket away for two reasons:

1: People who inspects you will laugh at you
    2: You're mate might not have any other trinket for OS
    3: If you go Dying curse instead you can free up 3 talentpoints from arcane and put them in something fun.
    Freeing up 3 talent points that are pretty worthless elsewhere won't do much for him. Run your gear through rawr, it's the only way to know what's better. My intuition says if you aren't using the hit on curse, the curse proc won't keep up with that trinket by itself.

dang another mage needing their hand held

Quote Originally Posted by nekobaka
    dang another mage needing their hand held
    This was a useful post, thanks for wasting everyone's time.

tbh thats a fail trinket Fetish of Volatile power (FAIL)

if i was you i would go for embrace of spider and Illustration of the dragon soul and when u get some moar SP go for Talisman of resurgence if you stay arcane..
    If you are fire u rly need dying curse your hit is very low. dying curse + illustration

Quote Originally Posted by Bahas
    tbh thats a fail trinket Fetish of Volatile power (FAIL)
    I like that trinket. It's an easy way of checking which mages don't use Rawr or do any theorycrafting, and are therefore bads.

I like that trinket. It's an easy way of checking which mages don't use Rawr or do any theorycrafting, and are therefore bads.
    This. Wonder if Blizz put it in as a way for people to see if other casters suck.

What do you guys think? I'm thinking of going for either Shade of the Crystal Heart (128 hit, Use: 512 haste) and switch my pieces with hit out for ones with other stats, or going for Talisman of Resurgence (128 int Use: 599 sp) for the pure stats. What do you guys think?