Frost DPS and DK Razorice

So back when Wrath first hit, FFB gained the bonus damage from the Razorice runeforge from DKs. The runeforge was changed to only benefit the DKs abilities in order to nerf FFB damage.

Well, since FFB itself is already dead, and they are attempting to make frost raid viable, why not revert the change and allow Frost spells from the mage to benefit from Razorice?

It is only a buff to PvP if you have a DK in the comp, and if that DK is frost. As far as I know DKs are not overpowered in PvP anymore, in fact from the DKs I know they say DK PvP is terrible atm.

Re: Frost DPS and DK Razorice

I think they want to avoid a situation where a raid forces you to go back to Ebon Hold and re-forge your weapon just to buff frostfire and frost mage DPS. They are trying to avoid unique buffs as much as possible and in this case the buff is only accessible by a single class. If a raid had 3 frostfire mages and 1 frost mage (possible for heroic Anub), it's quite likely that the same raid would then want to bring a DK with rune of razorice.

I think it would be better to balance frost based on typical raid buffs (things that help other casters too).

Blizzard has already made Frost DW viable in a past patch and many DKs spec it. They use Razorice and Fallen Crusader as their runeforges, so getting a DK with the runeforge only involves getting a DW frost DK. I don't know if that is an issue at all, though I do see your point in avoiding unique buffs for a small class range from a small class range.

15+ Year Old Account

because they want to avoid class synergy, ala Warlock/Spriest in BC and hence why they removed the raid wide 5% frost damage increase in the first place. they won't revert it, sadly.