Few Questions About Feral Cat's

Hello, I'm new to MMO-Champion

Now, that, that is out of the way I'll proceed with my questions.

I currently have a Lv. 79 Death Knight and I am BORED to DEATH with this character and I am rolling a Feral Druid tonight.

I just finished reading the The Cat Guide 3.2 Edition. and I was a little confused when it was mentioning ArP and Agility..do I want to gem for ArP or Agility? Which has a higher priority?

Another question I have is what type of weapons should I be looking to carry since I won't be using them much? Which boosts AP more? Staves? Pole Arms? Daggers? Maces?

What professions should I take? I was thinking of taking Jewel Crafting and Blacksmithing (for the extra sockets for gear).

When I go to buy gear what should I be looking for? I assume Stamina and Agility?

How hard is it to hit the 50% Crit rating that is suggested for Feral Cats?

Sorry for all the questions :-\

Sincerely,
    ~Testrum
    43 1

Re: Few Questions About Feral Cat's

As far as I'm concerned you shouldn't gem for ArP until your comfortably over 50% crit. Until you get there, gem Agility.

Polearm or Staff, doesn't matter. Pick the one with the best stats. The Feral AP is determined by the weapon's dps and of course you want as much as you can get.

JC and BS will be incredibly expensive, unless you have an alt with Mining. I'm going with Enchanting and LEatherworking, as I can craft my own gear, and then disenchant it when I don't need it anymore. Also it's cheaper to level.

You want Agility, Crit up to 50%, Expertise to get 26 in total(with talent), you want to get alteast 263 hit aswelll. When you got all this you can start working on ArP.

(Btw, you recieve about 14% crit from talents).

Ill try to respond to your questions, but if i havent please read this thread on the EJ forums: http://elitistjerks.com/f73/t49702-f...mulation_tool/

Ok, about the Agil vs Arp question. Basically Arp is better, but only slightly. Look at the stat value on the page i put above. Arp is best used when you have a Arp trink like Grim Tol or Mjolnir Runestone. Arp is better the more Arp you have. If you dont have one of those trinks i highly suggest using agil gems.

As for the wep, you will find Staves more common on the game atm, and thats what you will more than likely use.

Profs are your desicion, however i beleive JC/BS is the highest min/max dps but only slightly. I chose Ench/JC because i like how they work together and i already have a miner. But again some of that info is on the Ej site.

Main stats will be Agil/stam for leveling, and possibly Arp depending on what gear you can get when you hit 80.

50% crit is very easy to hit as cat especially if you are gemming for agil. Remember that one of the benfits of agil stacking is that it stacks with kings and other buffs. So 50% really isnt hard and shouldnt make you loose any sleep.

-I would pay special attention to the EJ site i listed, it has alot of good info, even some of it may be hard to understand. But GL with the lvling =).

Thank you for the responses. I will gem for agility when the time comes and then ArP. I will also read the thread you suggested on EJ. Thanks once again! I'm off to level
    43 1

Quote Originally Posted by Testrum
    I just finished reading the The Cat Guide 3.2 Edition. and I was a little confused when it was mentioning ArP and Agility..do I want to gem for ArP or Agility? Which has a higher priority?
    Another question I have is what type of weapons should I be looking to carry since I won't be using them much? Which boosts AP more? Staves? Pole Arms? Daggers? Maces?
    What professions should I take? I was thinking of taking Jewel Crafting and Blacksmithing (for the extra sockets for gear).
    When I go to buy gear what should I be looking for? I assume Stamina and Agility?
    How hard is it to hit the 50% Crit rating that is suggested for Feral Cats?
    it really doesnt matter with weapon type you'll be using (but you won't be using dagger for feral since we can't dual wield)
    getting 50% crit chance isn't that hard at all... first few weeks being 80 don't just sell old gear... always keep gear with crit / hit / expertise in bank... i needed to swap for "weaker" items so many times
    as for professions i think you've chose the best possible combo for feral cat... especially if you're going for arp cat... when you go buy gear (i assume you mean for lvling) you won't be having problems choosing... leather gear usually have nice balance of stats...

It'll be a long long time before you should ever think about buying ArPen gems.

For levelling gear, yes, you want stam and agility.

At level 80 it's extremely easy to hit 50% crit unbuffed.

Only use 2H weapons. You'll also be hard pressed to find 2h maces with agility so keep an eye out for staves and polearms. I haven't used a mace since Earthwarden in TBC.

You will be bored levelling. It's not fun as a druid. Stuff dies quickly and you don't get cat form until level 20. There's nothing fun about levelling a druid.

15+ Year Old Account

Don't forget about str gear in your leveling -- it's not something to gem for, but it's quite useful on leveling gear. Going for random greens "of the tiger" (agi/str) should yield higher damage than something "of the monkey" (agi/stam) or even something "of agility" (pure agi).

Adding [STR + AGI + 0.5 * AP] is a fairly good formula to evaulate upgrades, at least pre-outlands and maybe beyond (of course, you'll have to adjust if there are other stats like crit, etc).

Any weapon type is quite fine; just stick with anything 2-handed.

You may consider hitting 80 on your first toon and doing some heroics. The BoA chest, shoulders and mace make leveling a druid a breeze.

10+ Year Old Account

ARP = very geared raiding cat
    Agil = every other cat

atleast for me

so if u not atleast in ULD gear dont even think about ARP gems.

and leveling is not hard anymore, with or without BOA items.
    i7 4770k 4.6GHZ................................................ ¨ ø„¸¸„¨ ø„¸¸„ø¤º°¨
    OCZ Arc 100 x2 (240g) RAID 0.........................°º¤ø„¸? Druid ,„ø¤º°¨
    Kingston HyperX 8 gig 2400.......................... ¸„ø¤º°¨ For Life! 0¤ø„¸
    Gigabyte GTX 970 G1 OC.......................... ¸„ø¤º°¨¸„ø¤º°¨¨°º¤ø„¸ ¨°º¤ø