Warlock PvP: BG = Affliction; Arena = Destruction?

Leveling a lock atm and affliction has been pretty awesome so far in battlegrounds, but I'm guessing it isn't bursty enough for arena? I've never done much arena so I dunno.

15+ Year Old Account

Re: Warlock PvP: BG = Affliction; Arena = Destruction?

www.arenajunkies.com can teach you more than anyone here could possibly type.

R.I.P. YARG

Both work for arena and bg's. I prefer affliction but both can work.
    For arena's affliction is depending on your partners. Destruction work with almost everything

Quote Originally Posted by Linwelina
    Both work for arena and bg's. I prefer affliction but both can work.
    For arena's affliction is depending on your partners. Destruction work with almost everything
    I found that affl is mostly good for CC in arenas. It's really good for the instant AoE fear and it's also good because a lot of healers are used to destro locks, so they will spam dispell your dots which silences them. It's weakness is lacks any kind of burst so its damage is very easy to heal, which does place a heavier load on your team mates. Even worse, is any attempt to nuke really risks locking you out of shadow, which means no fear. And as most of us know, a lock with no fear is a dead lock. At least if you get locked out of fire as destro, you can still fear/corruption/curses.

Destro is good in arenas, but you really are a glass canon. I play with a holy pally, and I can tell you that BoP is basically god mode against melee teams. ;D