Deleted

avatar allowed by new rules does not appear

i have changed my avatar to a .gif image that is within the new rules for signatures and avatars. for those of you who are interested, this is the link:

http://www.avatarist.com/avatars/Mov...n-the-Rain.gif

however, the avatar won't display. it is 9.84 KB in size, still within the new regulations. the first few days, it will display, but after 3-4 days, it does not anymore display. it is not moderated, because the link is still there.

i thought until 1 december, we are still in a transmission phase before the new rules are enforced, where both rules are allowed? or is only one of the 2 allowed?

i also have the show avatar option enabled. i don't know why it disappears. are we not allowed to use direct links from avatar sites? do we need to host it on our on image sharing site? or is this just a bug?

Puts the "Super" in Supermod Venara's Avatar
    15+ Year Old Account

Re: avatar allowed by new rules does not appear

Curious. It does work when I look at your profile information page though. Be assured that it was not moderated and that our new rules are not enforced by the forum software itself, so this is probably some kind of bug. I'll see if we can do something about it.
    For Moderation Concerns, please contact a Global:
    TzivaRadux SimcaElysiaZaelsinoxskarmaVenara

Deleted

turns out i personally did not have the rights to view the avatar.

but now, i can see it again...

regardless, i have uploaded the avatar to photobucket, and will use that link.

i hope that will solve it.

Deleted

Your host has a referrer block - they won't let you see images that are linked from another website (or in this case, embedded in another website). You would have been able to see it yourself as you'd have a cached version of it, but everyone else would have had a 403 (permission denied) error from the host.

Uploading elsewhere such as photobucket will fix the problem, there's nothing we can do I'm afraid.

Edit: Actually, photobucket may not be a good idea. MMO-Champion has a lot of visitors, and photobucket only lets you have so much bandwidth. They'll break your avatar for too much viewers eventually.

Quote Originally Posted by Dinnerbone
    Edit: Actually, photobucket may not be a good idea. MMO-Champion has a lot of visitors, and photobucket only lets you have so much bandwidth. They'll break your avatar for too much viewers eventually.
    Photobucket is a very bad idea.
    It might seem fine at first, but within a week or less you'll get the default "bandwidth exceeded" image instead.

Deleted

if photobucket is a bad idea, then is there another site that is better? imageshack?

15+ Year Old Account

imageshack is a good one to use

Quote Originally Posted by bbr
    It might seem fine at first, but within a week or less you'll get the default "bandwidth exceeded" image instead.
    tbh never had this problem tho

Quote Originally Posted by bbr
    I had my signature on Photobucket for a while with no problems (switched due to fan boys looking me up to QQ) unless your image is ridiculously oversize it shouldn't be a problem.

Also with the standard Photobucket bandwidth it would take 3,333,333 hits to get capped (using my signature as an example)
    So even someone with my posts is unlikely to hit that each month

Deleted

Quote Originally Posted by Xs
    Also with the standard Photobucket bandwidth it would take 3,333,333 hits to get capped (using my signature as an example)
    So even someone with my posts is unlikely to hit that each month
    We get that many hits every 3 days or so (On the forums themselves, not on the homepage or articles). So for a reasonably active poster they'd last maybe a couple of weeks before it gets taken off (delayed for caching etc) :P

Quote Originally Posted by Dinnerbone
    We get that many hits every 3 days or so (On the forums themselves, not on the homepage or articles). So for a reasonably active poster they'd last maybe a couple of weeks before it gets taken off (delayed for caching etc) :P
    At the same time, if you go by the actual "read" statistics of the topics, its nowhere near there
    I had mine up for a few months anyway when I was back on ~500 posts doing 20 something a day and it was barely touching my bandwidth (keep an eye on it because I use the same account for several websites)

Of course if you post in every topic it becomes a problem but then you'd have to be highly opinionated or just a troll :P