Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst
... LastLast

Re: Patch 3.3 Background Downloader, Blue posts

I love how Blizzard Blues gave a scenario of a raid wiping all night because a boss hits too hard days after they implement the most rigid gating and limit system this game has ever seen.

I am really starting to think that blizzard is being ran by a bunch of illiterate retards that are rolling in more money than they know what to do with.

Quote Originally Posted by OhHerro
    I love how Blizzard Blues gave a scenario of a raid wiping all night because a boss hits too hard days after they implement the most rigid gating and limit system this game has ever seen.

I am really starting to think that blizzard is being ran by a bunch of illiterate retards that are rolling in more money than they know what to do with.
    theyve lost alot of key developers through the times, i wouldnt doubt this

Quote Originally Posted by OhHerro

Except Marrowgar (used in the example) won't be gated in any way. None of the bosses in the first release quarter is gated or attempt limited. You'll be able to fight Marrowgar, and fight him as often as you like on the first night of the patch. I'm starting to think some MMO-Champions posters are illiterates who never actually read the blue posts.

Originally Posted by Daelo (Blue Tracker)

The Ashen Verdict provides reinforcements and material for players to assault Icecrown Citadel, but this support is not endless. Raids will have a limited number of attempts total each week to defeat the four most difficult encounters in Icecrown Citadel: Professor Putricide, Blood-Queen Lana'thel, Sindragosa, and the Lich King.
    Do you see Marrowgar mentioned? I didn't think so. I don't exactly like the way Blizzard is handling ICC release either, but at least understand it before you make comments that make no sense.

2. Even with the new system will warlocks be given a secondary defense to fall back on, on a long CD should fear become useless?
    You mean like Demonic Circle?
    demonic circle is horse shit.

10+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Octaviax
    Indeed.

It's going to be interesting - seeing the Warlock community somewhat divided between those who have Cataclysm or not.

Are you a moron? Class changes go in with patches whether you get the expansion or not... There will be a big pre-Cataclysm patch that puts in all the new systems,stat changes, zone changes, new talents, etc... This also goes for the soul shard system... you don't get to choose if you go by it or not just like you don't get to choose to stay in the old version of Azeroth... This is how its been for all expansions...

Also that "Q&A" had barely any info at all... and if they don't add new defensive abilities (because ghetto blink is hardly a defense when you can just be stun locked or are facing ranged classes) then warlocks will fall even further behind in PvP...

So if I understand this correctly, once a Paladin, Warrior, or Death Knight become friendly with the Ashen Verdict they can just go obtain the quest to start Shadow's Edge from Mograine?

Good job on the rogue fix i'd say.

Also, 3.3 coming soooo close! I neeeed it soooon. rawr.

I just opened WoW Launcher (EU Servers) it started to fill the blue bar below, then I got the following message:
    The update could not be applied.
    The file "C:\Program Files\Common Files\Blizzard Entertainment\Wrath of the Lich King\Uninstall.xml.temp" could not be created. If this problem persists, you may be able to solve it by uninstalling and then reinstalling the game. If you are unable to correct this problem, please contact Blizzard Technical Support. (InstallerFile::Create)

Anyone else having this problem ?
    <a href="http://nl.tinypic.com" target="_blank"></a>

Hasta La Vista, Baby

My downloader is going slow but it's at 74% at the time of this post.
    It seems like with the gating idea they're going to be having a Christmas Cataclysm launch.
    You face not Malchezaar alone, but the legions he commands.

Quote Originally Posted by BaddyMcBad
    It seems like with the gating idea they're going to be having a Christmas Cataclysm launch.
    Eh..

NO

Quote Originally Posted by Shapeshifte
    I just opened WoW Launcher (EU Servers) it started to fill the blue bar below, then I got the following message:
    The update could not be applied.
    The file "C:\Program Files\Common Files\Blizzard Entertainment\Wrath of the Lich King\Uninstall.xml.temp" could not be created. If this problem persists, you may be able to solve it by uninstalling and then reinstalling the game. If you are unable to correct this problem, please contact Blizzard Technical Support. (InstallerFile::Create)

Anyone else having this problem ?
    if you're runing windows 7(may happen in vista too) just run the program as administrator and problem solved

Quote Originally Posted by Kraftwerk
    A whole expansion later, and Frostwyrms are only available to elite PvE and PvP'ers.

Thanks, Blizzard.
    dude get over it, they will eventually nerf ICC to the ground, making it easy to do. but until they nerf it, you can gladly sit back on your griffon and watch everyone else who actually tries to get good at this game, ride on their frostwyrms

people like you piss me off "omg blizz, i dont want to put any effort into the game, gimmee free items that dont even effect my gameplay plox"

go away.

Quote Originally Posted by BarlllCode
    if you're runing windows 7(may happen in vista too) just run the program as administrator and problem solved
    Problem Solved, thanks alot
    <a href="http://nl.tinypic.com" target="_blank"></a>

Hasta La Vista, Baby

Quote Originally Posted by Daelos
    Eh..

NO
    Lol; NO what? Sunwell was released in patch 2.4 on March 25th.
    It was gated, exactly like Icecrown will be. So lets say 3.3 comes out in 2 weeks on this coming Tuesday making it December 8th.
    Assuming the gates for ICC are released somewhat similar to when Sunwell was released it will be four instead of three this time.
    Sunwell had the first gate opened 2 weeks after being released. The second was opened 3 weeks later and the third was opened another 3 weeks after.
    So if 3.3 comes out on December 8th, and we give two/three weeks for the first gate to unlock it'll be 22nd/29th of December.
    The next gate opens roughly the same at two/three weeks later and it's January 5th/12th for the second gate to unlock.
    Another two/three weeks later the third gate opens and it's January 19th/26th. Fourth and final gate would open around February 2nd/9th.
    Then we have the period of time where we farm ICC and wait for more news on Cataclysm. Assuming beta pops in around July (following Wotlk beta).
    Gives another couple of months for us to farm more of ICC and players to participate in beta.

My background downloader is at 90% now.

Field Marshal
    10+ Year Old Account

So we will see 3.3 soon in live! Nice nice :-*

Lol; NO what? Sunwell was released in patch 2.4 on March 25th.
    It was gated, exactly like Icecrown will be. So lets say 3.3 comes out in 2 weeks on this coming Tuesday making it December 8th.
    Assuming the gates for ICC are released somewhat similar to when Sunwell was released it will be four instead of three this time.
    Sunwell had the first gate opened 2 weeks after being released. The second was opened 3 weeks later and the third was opened another 3 weeks after.
    So if 3.3 comes out on December 8th, and we give two/three weeks for the first gate to unlock it'll be 22nd/29th of December.
    The next gate opens roughly the same at two/three weeks later and it's January 5th/12th for the second gate to unlock.
    Another two/three weeks later the third gate opens and it's January 19th/26th. Fourth and final gate would open around February 2nd/9th.
    Then we have the period of time where we farm ICC and wait for more news on Cataclysm. Assuming beta pops in around July (following Wotlk beta).
    Gives another couple of months for us to farm more of ICC and players to participate in beta.

My background downloader is at 90% now.

Well if you ment NEXT year's Christmas for Cataclysm, maybe. I just thought you ment that Cata would be launched this Christmas which is in like a month ._.

Aaaaaaahahahahahahaha! *wipes away tear* With the amount of "I dont know yet" that was in the Warlock Q&A, Cata is not even close to being done. I would say to expect Cata around June/july next year. Plus with the gating, Icecrown is gonna take "week/months" to get cleared. I love your optmism though!

On an unrelated matter: Starting the Shadow's edge quest from rep feels pretty good. It's better than waiting for a rare drop, esp. considering the epic questline that follows.

Well if you ment NEXT year's Christmas for Cataclysm, maybe. I just thought you ment that Cata would be launched this Christmas which is in like a month ._.
    I doubt it will be that far out. IMO It'll be out by spring/summer 2010.
    Quote Originally Posted by Herecius
    You know why I'm rerolling Goblin? Because they're nasty, sinister, and willing to do ANYTHING for whatever they believe in. For most Goblins, that's money, and for the bildgewater goblins, that's the Horde. This includes everything up to and including blowing themselves to hell for it.

Quote Originally Posted by Plaguerage
    I doubt it will be that far out. IMO It'll be out by spring/summer 2010.
    I doubt that soon because they'll leave us a fair chunk of months to farm ICC.
    Then on top of that there's the beta for Cataclysm.

@Daelos
    Yeah I did mean 2010 lol, there's no way in hell they'd release it for Christmas this year.

EDIT:
    My 3.3 pre-patch finished woot!

Oh, Next christmas! I thought McBad was talking about This Christmas! Yeah, next year makes sense now that I look again. I dont think it will be that late next year though. Late October is the latest I Think.