Arms Warrior Arp vs Str in Arena

For a warrior, is it better to have strength or armor penetration in any kind of arena?

Plus, what is armor penetration good against?

Also, what are good gemming/enchanting strategies for arena/battleground (pvp in general)?

Thanks

Re: Arms Warrior Arp vs Str in Arena

Quote Originally Posted by Emuwins
    For a warrior, is it better to have strength or armor penetration in any kind of arena?

Plus, what is armor penetration good against?

Also, what are good gemming/enchanting strategies for arena/battleground (pvp in general)?

Thanks
    arP is, if stacked (thus not mixing between strength or arP when gemming, just picking arP), better. arP is good against at basically everything. There's a misunderstandment that arP completely removes all armor off for example, a protection paladin. This is not true, if I'm right the cap is around 8k armor reduces at most, no matter how much % you got. 8k isn't 100% in this case, but still a fair amount that outweights strength.

arP is especially good if you got Grim Toll/Mjolnir Runestone. arP is, the only stat that LITERALLY BECOMES BETTER when you stack it, because how more arP you got, how less arP rating you need for an additional 1% ignored.

Basically, gem red for all out arP. Blue is either 15 stam 10 arP, or 20 arP if the bonus isn't worth it. Red should be arP aswell, or hit, depending on how you select your other gear.

Hope I helped
    http://eu.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Stormscale&cn=Jeffx

Bloodsail Admiral
    15+ Year Old Account

Armor penetration is good against everything cept for maybe a mage where strength would most likely rip them in two. In general though 1 point of ArP is going to be better then 1 point of strength until you are 100% armor pen capped. You can soft cap your armor pen if you have one of the armor pen trinkets like Grim Toll. If you do have one you really don't want to be putting in more armor pen once you've soft capped also. If you haven't got an ArP proc trinket then you could pretty safely socket ArP all day long. I don't think I've seen anyone 100% passive armor pen in PvP gear.

Quote Originally Posted by Jeffx
    This is not true, if I'm right the cap is around 8k armor reduces at most, no matter how much % you got. 8k isn't 100% in this case, but still a fair amount that outweights strength.

really? ???

Dono what that guy was talking about, but if you have access to ToC T9.25 go for 2 piece shoulders / chest. Match that with a M'J/GT whatever you like. Get to 41% arpen if you have a GT and 37% arpen if you have a M'J.

You won't get to 100% but 88.25% is very good.

Also the thing is anything over 6.2k armor is good to stack arpen against it(If you want to find out why go to AJ Warrior forms and look for the big thread on this issue).

Once you hit the caps of each start going for STR.
    WEWENTWESS GWALLDATIROR CASUALTY

http://www.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Emerald+Dream&cn=Casualty

http://www.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Emerald+Dream&n=Cowsualty

Quote Originally Posted by Chimpzilla
    Armor penetration is good against everything cept for maybe a mage where strength would most likely rip them in two. In general though 1 point of ArP is going to be better then 1 point of strength until you are 100% armor pen capped. You can soft cap your armor pen if you have one of the armor pen trinkets like Grim Toll. If you do have one you really don't want to be putting in more armor pen once you've soft capped also. If you haven't got an ArP proc trinket then you could pretty safely socket ArP all day long. I don't think I've seen anyone 100% passive armor pen in PvP gear.

Nope. Forget where i saw the numbers at (Elitist Jerks maybe?) but even against clothies, stacking arp gems did more damage than stacking strength gems for arms pvp. The difference was almost negligible on clothies,about 1.5% difference more damage with arp gems, but on mail and certainly on plate wearers, the damage boost from ArP was pretty significant. These numbers were also run without the use of ArP trinkets (grim toll, etc.).

As for gemming, gem all fractured rubys (+20 arp) with the exception of what you need to activate your meta. Just try your best to stack arp for the meta activation. If you are using swift skyflare diamond (requires 1 red and 2 yellows) then stack resilience for your yellow activation or str/resil gems.

Enchants, basically go with AP where possible, resil or +10 stats to chest (both are pretty even bonus wise), and agility for back. Basically, it is mostly the same as PvE enchants.