Page 1 of 4
... LastLast

"Number of atempts is annoying"

"After a raid has exhausted their attempts for the week, the Ashen Verdict must withdraw their support and the four most difficult bosses all despawn and become unavailable for the week. The limited attempt system is a feature of both Normal and Heroic difficulty."

See this is the bullshit that makes wotlk raiding annoying. Not only that there is only 1 instance that every one does at a time since all the previous instances drop so bad loot its next to impossible to motivate people to go there (whens the last time you did sartharion or maly?).
    But to top it off you have a "number" of atempts now that you can do before you can't play anymore.

I mean in TBC if I wanted I could raid 7 days a week 4 hrs a day. It was my choice. And some of the older instances still had items that even a black temple raider needed (dragon spine trophy , items from vashj or khael)

Now its next to impossible to raid for more then 2-3 days a week. I hope they fix this in cataclysm. Even tho i've quit in wotlk since it's painfully obvious that its not a proper game but a beta test, I would like to purchase the expansion in case they finally decide what they want from the game

Re: "Number of atempts is annoying"

You can raid seven days a week if you absolutely must, it's only the wing end bosses that have limited attempts.

I imagine it's going to be some where along the lines of the current amount of attempts u get in ToGc (50), and well if you can get there without wiping 50 times you don't need to be there, go back do the previous level of content, gear up and then head in.

[Banhammer, Kungen's Bane]

1.60 sp mace
    150 str
    268 sta
    77 defense
    80 dodge
    93 parry
    "As you look upon the mace, you hear the whining of a thousand fanboys. Something deep with in your soul makes it impossible to think anything but 'lol.'"

Quote Originally Posted by veemon_ro
    And some of the older instances still had items that even a black temple raider needed (dragon spine trophy , items from vashj or khael)

Grim Toll.
    "Care about 'er? I love her! I'd kill everyone in the world and myself if she wanted it!"

Limited attempts adds difficulty to the game. If you are complaining about it means you are simply lacking the ability to down bosses. They give you more than enough attempts to get the fight down if you can not do it within X attempts then you have to try again next week.

I love the limited attempts idea. It forces people to focus. Less dicking around in each attempt. Puts incentives on making raids quicker, more efficient, and have more skill required.

Not to mention protects raid memebrs from overzealous leaders who would do anything for "just one more attempt" that turns into 20.

Blizz has ALWAYS tried to find ways to retard your progress into content, ways above and beyond gear checks and learning the fights.

In Vanilla and TBC much if it was spent on resist gear and atunements. Finally in Sunwell they limited it via resources to take over the island as well as staggered the opening of the gates.

Now they are doing the same thing they did with Sunwell to Icecrown. So they'll limit your progress to opening gates as well as to how often you can attempt bosses which will make it harder for you to gain better gear faster against content further in.

Eventually, probably a month or so before Cat is released, they will release these restrictions. This will allow those guilds who couldn't quite make it to see everything.

It really isn't a surprising development, but I'd prefer they had introduced some extra filler raids. Which is the one bad thing about the new 10/25 raid setup. They can't release any straight 10s anymore to fill time between 25 content.

Anyway, if you think this is bad just be happy that so far they seem to have said "no" to fights where resist gear is required. Those ones are a pain in the ass to gear for.

As it stands, It is 5 Attempts per end wing Boss.

My personal preference, I disagree with limiting the number of attempts per boss. It's just a stop clause so guilds don't throw their bodies at the wall until it falls over.
    (This signature was removed for violation of the Avatar & Signature Guidelines)

Why do you even complain.

News update:
    We are the internet people. On the internet, everyone is a great player.
    The baddies are in game.

So, we, the internet people, should celebrate this, because the baddies cant beat a boss by being lucky after 35 attempts.
    As we all know, the game is so easy these days and since we, the internet people, are all playing on a sunwell-level, we shouldnt have any problems. We wont even notice is noone told us.
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment

Artefacts:
    • In ordner to better fit the current post-truth zeitgeist, we are going to rename alle occurences of "artefact" into "artebelieve".

Shouldn't like..bad guilds not be in ICC I mean...they should of got enough experience from previous tier of raids so they're not bad anymore!

But serious I doubt there will be 50 atempts to begin with, it will be more like 5/10 and it is retarded.
    Any one can see that the reason they do this is because of lack of any other content. So in order to prevent people from finishing icc and then quiting the game till cataclysm they just make a gating system and a number of atempts crap.

Instead they should of made more instances in the game so people don't get bored so easily.
    But hey as long as people are happy on the forums nothing needs changing.

Quote Originally Posted by Negridoom
    Grim Toll.
    Mjolnir runestone and soon needle-encrusted scorpion.

No one goes to Naxx anymore.

I don't mind it as long as getting a "perfect" clear isn't necessary for the best loot like toc. insanity is stupid as hell, and the disconnect raid boss raped us two weeks in a row (49 attempts our second kill with 7 disconnects on our 50 attempt pull. It's not a big deal since you can just do the not attempt based hardmodes till your last raid day, then finish up the attempt bosses with some hardmodes till your last attempt, then kill it easy.

This mechanic just adds a sence of we're here to kill and move on so come prepared and kno wtf you are doing , maybe it will help weed out some baddies in the process,

if you wipe 50 times on a boss you don't deserve to try anymore

Quote Originally Posted by endedlife
    I lol'd

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account

Says it all.

~Kyn <33

Pandaren Monk
    15+ Year Old Account

It's quite interesting to witness how many people go to great lengths to whine about something, and then fails to have read what they are actually whining about properly.

Deleted

Quote Originally Posted by Negridoom
    Grim Toll.
    Dying Curse.
    Illustration of the Dragon Soul.

Deleted

I hate limited tries, it's just an artificial cockblock and it either means this is gonna be real tedious, or real easy.

If the encounters are tuned as a hard encounter should be, assuming hardmode ofcourse, this could turn real ugly real fast. I mean c'mon, imagine having 15 tries to down Twins, M'uru and Kil'Jaeden, it took most guilds quite awhile to get that on regular farm status.

Sure, we won't get SWP hard again and I'm not sure I want that, but this ruins, or atleast sure as fuck doesn't help it, a really fun part about raiding: Trying for yourself and finding out if it works or not. It'll still be possible and I daresay required, but it sure as hell will be limited.

But, this is all my personal opinion and you may call me a moot whiner but this is one of the few things about this game that grinds my gears. Blizzard should, rather than attempting on how to artificially increase the lifetime of a dungeon (Hi, 50 tries a week/60minutes a week), make hardmodes real hard and normalmode challenging but not hardcore hard.

Let people raid the way they want to rather than forcing a set of rules down our throats, that is all. Oh, and 15 tries a week, 5 tries a week, hell even one try a week does in no way increase the difficulty of the encounter, it's nothing but a cockblock that prevents new ideas and causes way more frustration than a tiny gay man kicking you in the jimmies.

Must never have fought Pre nerfed Muru, pre 3.0 KJ and Heroic Anub. even the best guilds wiped way more then 50 attempts trying for a first kill.

I think 5 is too low of a number for learning a heroic version of those bosses, we're talking about fights that you can wipe on because one person DCs. i think 35 attemps for all 4 bosses is a better number.

we got 50 attempts for 5 bosses in Toc so i dont think 35 for 4 is too much or too less.

I am thankful for blizzard removing the extra loot for 1 shoting every boss, there's so many things that can cause a wipe. i think blizzard should have had cloaks drop from mad skill in 25man Toc then the mount and title for insanity.