Thread: Anub 25 burrow

Anub 25 burrow

Do dots continue to do dmg when he burrows?

Re: Anub 25 burrow

They do on the northrend beasts.
    Can't say for sure on anub, I'd think they do as he usually comes up with a different % health than he went down with.

Never really paid attention to it, but you can clearly see if there'll be dmg ticking from nowhere if you dot him before burrow, like on mentioned above by Bbr, Twin Jormungars

Im 99% sure it doesn't as I have to reapply FFF every time he comes back up and thats a 5 min duration.

Hmmm sry, but why would this be of any interest?

I mean there is no way you can (ab)use it to your advantage.

Sure if he´s at 32% and will burrow soon, you could dot him up and try to make him unburrow, but shouldnt this dots be up anyways?

Deleted

They do not, shortly after he burrows all dots are removed.

15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by ripponesan

Sure if he´s at 32% and will burrow soon, you could dot him up and try to make him unburrow, but shouldnt this dots be up anyways?
    You haven't done the encounter have you? Once he starts casting burrow he's going to burrow and be under for the full duration of P2. He could cast at 31% and you could burn him to 28% while he's casting and he'll still go under.

OP: You'll notice he comes back up at the same percentage he burrowed with.
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Essentia@Cho'gall of Inebriated Raiding.
    http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...ssentia/simple
    http://masteroverwatch.com/profile/pc/us/Tharkkun-1222

Quote Originally Posted by Tharkkun
    You haven't done the encounter have you? Once he starts casting burrow he's going to burrow and be under for the full duration of P2. He could cast at 31% and you could burn him to 28% while he's casting and he'll still go under.

OP: You'll notice he comes back up at the same percentage he burrowed with.
    he doesn't cast burrow he just dives under

15+ Year Old Account

my hunter mark gets removed so yeah when he burrows he removes all dots on him.

Quote Originally Posted by Erinol
    he doesn't cast burrow he just dives under
    lol, i dont think Erinol has done the encounter
    Waiting on Cata
    SCII: Naret
    WoW: Naret, Destromath US

he wont unburrow. last wednesday we had him at basically 30.1% health and he stayed down the entire duration of the burrow phase. came up and immediately went into phase 3.

You guys are all wrong, he 'Submerges' - not burrow... the adds 'burrow', anub 'submerges'

;D

anywho, dots are removed. we've had him go under at like 31% before and he doesn't come up any quicker than normal - although when he does come up, gotta be ready for penetrating cold or w/e because it's comin on quick.

(although lately in 10mans we've been able to nuke him straight from p1 into p3 without a burrow phase - killing anub in under 2 minutes ftw)

It does matter because if he is about to burrow and you have a choice to apply a dot or use a direct damage spell the direct damage spell will almost always be better. Imagine a cat with 5 CPs and savage roar up, apply rip or use fercious bite? Rip does more damage but it depends on most of the ticks from rip actually ticking.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nymrohd View Post
    I pity people who have gotten so insensate to disrespect and abuse from repetition that they have elevated being jaded to a virtue.