Page 1 of 4
... LastLast

Babysiting tanks not that i wanted.

just curious about other paladins because i feel like i am babysiting the tanks.

Every time i cast blessing of protection on the tanks to eliminate the physical damage ( for example, pale on northern beasts), I have to remember to cast a blessing of freedom on the tanks to cancel the blessing of protection effect. Not that I don't want to but sometimes when things happened unexpected It's hard to remmber to cancel it by me. what happened tonight is on togc anub kiting phase, i gave main tank blessing of protection when he kited the spike while there is no ice on the ground. when anub comes out of the ground, he has 2 seconds of blessing of protection left, even tho hunters misdirected anub to him, he didn't get aggro and 2 melee died.

i just want know is it paladin's responsibility to cancel the bop effect by casting another blessing (for example, freedom)?

or it's should be tanks who watch for the bop timer.

Re: Babysiting tanks not that i wanted.

Tanks should have a /cancelaura Blessing of Protection macro somewhere on their bar from the first day you stepped into Tot(G)C...
    Join Amicus, 10man progression raiding, but on a respectable 2day schedule!

Quit playing with bad tanks imo. If they can't click off the HoP, they obviously lack the situational awareness to be MTing. It's just common sense.

Deleted

Why do people still call it blessing? It's called hand.

Quote Originally Posted by Crysthalica
    Force of habit for those of us who played Paladin before the changes.
    [/url]

PUT YOUR HANDS UP IN THE AIR
    SLAP YOUR LEFT HAND WITH YOUR RIGHT HAND
    NOW IMAGINE YOUR LEFT HAND IS HoP AND YOUR RIGHT HAND IS HoF
    CAUSE THATS WHAT YOU GOTTA DO IN TOGC, BRO

(cookie to whoever gets the reference)

Feel free to PM me about any question you might have regarding LoL.
    Holy paladin

Quote Originally Posted by Crysthalica
    For the same reasson you say kick for other classes other than a rogue when you need a interrupt.

Its been blessing a lot longer than its been hand. BoP sounds better than HoP anyway :-P.

As both a pally and a tank, I don't cancel it for other tanks. Its their own responsibility, I just make sure that I let them know I'll be bubbling them before I do it so they know to take it off.
    Quote Originally Posted by shags
    you cant parry spells but you can dodge them ...

Tank has time to cancel the effect, if not you could give him a vocal cue on vent or as you are doing HoF him to be safe.
    [/url]

I have tanked for quite a while and can't remember ever receiving a Hand of Protection.
    Maybe the tank was just "not used to your bubble" and confused by it.
    I might have difficulties distinguishing Powerword:Shield, Hand of Freedom, Hand of Protection and Divine Aegis.

Quote Originally Posted by Fizzlebeard
    Tanks should have a /cancelaura Blessing of Protection macro somewhere on their bar from the first day you stepped into Tot(G)C...
    true story

Quote Originally Posted by Xerganor
    I have tanked for quite a while and can't remember ever receiving a Hand of Protection.
    Maybe the tank was just "not used to your bubble" and confused by it.
    I might have difficulties distinguishing Powerword:Shield, Hand of Freedom, Hand of Protection and Divine Aegis.
    No tank of ToGC should be confused by a HoP, nor will they not be used to it. It's used quite commonly.

Anyway, it should be the tanks job to cancel it as it's never placed on them because a paladin thinks it's a good idea. It's commonly used to remove the worm poison placed on tank, Gormoks Impale, or to eat the spikes. In all of these scenerios the tank should be expecting the HoP and be ready to remove it.

If you call out you're doing this via marco or over voice chat, then yes, it's their fault if they don't click it off.

I sure as hell wouldn't notice getting any buff unless I knew it was coming. The fights are hectic and there's a lot of spell effects going off. Make sure they have adequate warning.

Quote Originally Posted by kaijyuu
    If you call out you're doing this via marco or over voice chat, then yes, it's their fault if they don't click it off.

I sure as hell wouldn't notice getting any buff unless I knew it was coming. The fights are hectic and there's a lot of spell effects going off. Make sure they have adequate warning.
    l2watch buffs/debuffs... It's part of tanking anything. It can obviously be announced over ventrilo, but if, as you said, the "fights are hectic", vent is pretty likely to be hectic as well, and then your excuse could be "too much chatter, didn't hear it." This really IS a l2play issue, for the TANKS. If you want to be babied and have others do your playing for you, stick to non-raid environments, easy as the current raid content is.

i'm a tank and i know it's the tanks responsabilty to take it off, but pallies should give notice to tanks when casting it upon them
    i often find myself with HoP on me without knowing i had it

so pallies: make a macro
    /cast Hands of protection
    /w target you got HoL, dont forget to turn it off

and then it's all up to the tank
    Quote Originally Posted by Scimitar View Post
    Someone believes the earth is flat, call them stupid.
    Someone believes Andorra is in Africa, call them uneducated.
    Someone believes you can go make coffee in the back of your car because it's set on "autopilot", call them retarded.
    But if someone believes a magical bearded man rewards you with eternal life in the clouds as long as you drink the magical whine-blood of a long dead carpenter in church, don't you dare argue with his beliefs.

I think all thanks should use TankTotals. It's a really nifty add-on that let's you see your EH on-the-fly and can calculate TTL (but only with simple "hits for this much, this often"). It also has an option to automatically remove HoP and announce defensive cooldowns and/or taunt misses.

Right clicking buff or macro = no global cooldown
    you casting HoF = global cooldown...

Let them do it (I'm a paladin tank, I always remove it myself if a other paladin casts it on me and I always tell other tanks to remove it when I cast it on them).

15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Fizzlebeard
    should be macroed in his main attack :P
    Quote Originally Posted by Templar
    Force of habit for those of us who played Paladin before the changes.
    ya right.. i HoP you.. urg.. clean your leg after that, if you get what im trying to say :-X

But seriously tho lets quit playing the blame game and figure this out. We dont have to act like finger pointing little kids.

Paladins:

Make a macro that whispers/say the persons name you are using HoP on.
    Also announce this in vent. Use your own situational awareness and common sense, maybe even telling the tank about your HoP prior to the situation you would use it in just in case vent is loud when you use it. Now the tank is ready for it.

Tanks:

Make a macro to get rid of HoP. We all know the fights get hectic but just try and pay attention to your buffs when you think a pally may use it on you. Pay attention to vent even if you know what your doing. try to listen for your name.

Everyone does their part in a raid. and if your the kind of pally that usually switches blessings to cancel HoP on the tank don't just assume that if you decide not to that the warrior still isn't expecting you to. If you decide its not your job anymore at least let the tank know.

And one last thing. Start discussing this crap with your guildies before you come on some forums QQing about it. Show that you have the common sense to figure this out on your own instead of having trolls like me help your figure this out.

I would rather troll than play teacher
    Nigma - 80 Hunter
    Vox Immortalis of Hyjal

Quote Originally Posted by Larivas
    As both a pally and a tank, I don't cancel it for other tanks. Its their own responsibility, I just make sure that I let them know I'll be bubbling them before I do it so they know to take it off.
    This is what I'm thinking. Did the OP bother to tell the tanks what he did? You should always call out "Hey! I'm gonna make you unable to do anything for the next 10 seconds unless you catch this buff in 4 rows of shit. Hope you made the /cancelaura macro!"

For a cancelaura macro, you should probably include the follow things: HoP, HoSac, DSac, Bubble (the real one). For those situations where, for example, your worm goes down first and the other enrages, other tank eats it for whatever reason, and now you need to get the pickup immediately.