Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast

Re: Babysiting tanks not that i wanted.

Quote Originally Posted by Fizzlebeard
    Tanks should have a /cancelaura Blessing of Protection macro somewhere on their bar from the first day you stepped into Tot(G)C...
    Or learn to right click the buff icon 1 sec before Anub comes up... seriously. Only bad tanks fail on this -.-
    http://eu.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Dunemaul&n=misazadia

Quote Originally Posted by misazadia
    Or learn to right click the buff icon 1 sec before Anub comes up... seriously. Only bad tanks fail on this -.-
    you clearly never did it its actualy sometimes quite tricky since procs/hots come and go , you never can say 100% that you will right click the correct buff in combat... and specialy not if you're busy moving/attacking

Quote Originally Posted by misazadia
    QFT. Whether you use a cancel macro or just right click it off, it's easily doable. When you expect to be told what's being placed on you or done to you, you expect the other person to be competent. All well and good, but if they're incompetent and fail to tell you what was done to/for you, you're just as incompetent for not knowing yourself. Learn to watch your combat log while you play, it'll tell you everything that happens to you. learn to identify what various buffs look like. This game really isn't hard.

Quote Originally Posted by MestHoop
    Right clicking buff or macro = no global cooldown
    you casting HoF = global cooldown...

Let them do it (I'm a paladin tank, I always remove it myself if a other paladin casts it on me and I always tell other tanks to remove it when I cast it on them).
    wasting on global cooldown on what? the tank is immune to damage. All the tank has to do is taunt, and then he gets hit for the next 6 seconds and takes no physical damage, plenty of time to waste a 1-1.5 second global cooldown that you used to almost kill the raid.

Bad Tanks = Bad Tanks

Lrn2taunt and have situational awareness, IMO.
    What is tank?

"The basic idea of a tank is well understood. It works like an argument with my mother. The mobs keeps beating on you, and the more you throw it's own shit back at it, the more it focuses on you and hates you. Perplexing enough, this is actually not only your goal, but the mob eventually gives you loot and money when it dies instead of writing you out of its will." (Senotay)

"There is nothing either good or bad, but thinking makes it so." -- William Shakespeare

Quote Originally Posted by atr2982
    But seriously tho lets quit playing the blame game and figure this out. We dont have to act like finger pointing little kids.

Paladins:

Make a macro that whispers/say the persons name you are using HoP on.
    Also announce this in vent. Use your own situational awareness and common sense, maybe even telling the tank about your HoP prior to the situation you would use it in just in case vent is loud when you use it. Now the tank is ready for it.

Tanks:

Make a macro to get rid of HoP. We all know the fights get hectic but just try and pay attention to your buffs when you think a pally may use it on you. Pay attention to vent even if you know what your doing. try to listen for your name.

Everyone does their part in a raid. and if your the kind of pally that usually switches blessings to cancel HoP on the tank don't just assume that if you decide not to that the warrior still isn't expecting you to. If you decide its not your job anymore at least let the tank know.

And one last thing. Start discussing this crap with your guildies before you come on some forums QQing about it. Show that you have the common sense to figure this out on your own instead of having trolls like me help your figure this out.

I would rather troll than play teacher
    ^This.

Thread's over. You don't have to go home, but you can't stay here.
    <WHAR LEWTS PLZ HALp>
    I'm bitter by default. Don't take it personally.
    Quote Originally Posted by Stir View Post
    Either give an argument, or be automatically wrong. Your choice.

As opposed to making macros for every Hand or LoH ability I have, I just downloaded the add-on. Works like a champ and I actually have most of our other pallys using it now too.

Addon is called Paladin Warnings

If you cast any hand spell or LoH, it will automatically whisper the target telling them that they have received your buff. I use enough macros already. Creating even more simply for the use of Hand spells would be pretty annoying.

Win7(64)Pro - Intel 3770K @ 4.5GHz - 4x4GB DDR3 G Skill Ripjaws X - XFX Radeon HD 7970 - Samsung EVO 500GB SSD

Quote Originally Posted by dddmaster
    you clearly never did it its actualy sometimes quite tricky since procs/hots come and go , you never can say 100% that you will right click the correct buff in combat... and specialy not if you're busy moving/attacking
    Your tanks must be panic tanks eh? Once again... if you're comfortable with your class, you'll be able to do this.

http://eu.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Dunemaul&n=misazadia

Quote Originally Posted by Destriel
    Bad Tanks = Bad Tanks

Lrn2taunt and have situational awareness, IMO.
    Quote Originally Posted by Krisshaman
    wasting on global cooldown on what? the tank is immune to damage. All the tank has to do is taunt, and then he gets hit for the next 6 seconds and takes no physical damage, plenty of time to waste a 1-1.5 second global cooldown that you used to almost kill the raid.
    taunts won't let boss to attack you while you have HoP, it is like having Bubble. chuckled a bit with live sarcasm.

While it is true that only a moronic tank coudl not spot a HoP and the like; I find it more moronic that people complain when they have to help the guy who sit there and let you do your job (DPSers could not DPS without a tank, haelers could not heal without a Tank, Everything would be one shotted half the time >_>).

I mean oh damn, it sucks when you have to waste a whole half a sec to help another raid member >_>.
    Quote Originally Posted by Imnick View Post
    I [opinion] [cataclysm feature] and you should to. Anything who disagrees with me that [cataclysm feature] is [opinion] is a big [insult].
    I asked all of my friends and they all agreed with me that [cataclysm feature] is as [opinion] as it is possible to be.
    Blizzard are so [opinion], what [compliment/insult]s they all are!

There, now we can stop posting new topics in the Cataclysm forum altogether.
    And if you disagree with me you're an [insult].

Quote Originally Posted by cappytoi
    taunts won't let boss to attack you while you have HoP, it is like having Bubble. chuckled a bit with live sarcasm.
    then how does my guild 1 tank 1 heal ToC 10 man normal every week with a DK tank and pally healer, and the DK gets HoPed on Gormok to remove the bleeds, but doesnt lose threat? Or i can go one farther when its solo pally tanked w/o losing threat or the stacks getting over 5 on Gormok? Pretty sure ive done it myself on my warrior alt when ive gotten HoPed by stupid healers and still held aggro until the HoP wore off.

@ the original intent of this thread, its the tanks fault, not for the lack of removing HoP, but for not taunting Anub'arak

then how does my guild 1 tank 1 heal ToC 10 man normal every week with a DK tank and pally healer, and the DK gets HoPed on Gormok to remove the bleeds, but doesnt lose threat? Or i can go one farther when its solo pally tanked w/o losing threat or the stacks getting over 5 on Gormok? Pretty sure ive done it myself on my warrior alt when ive gotten HoPed by stupid healers and still held aggro until the HoP wore off.

@ the original intent of this thread, its the tanks fault, not for the lack of removing HoP, but for not taunting Anub'arak
    You can't tank with HoP is still active on you. If you are immune to bosses main damage boss will neglect your threat and attack the one after you instead.

5/5 would troll again.

Quote Originally Posted by cappytoi
    You can't tank with HoP is still active on you. If you are immune to bosses main damage boss will neglect your threat and attack the one after you instead.
    Every taunt forces the target to attack you for anywhere from 3-6 seconds, regardless of if you are immune or not, its how tanks are able to hold threat off of who they taunted the mob off of in the first place. IE: Archavon throws tank1 up in air, tank2 uses taunt to match the threat of the highest person left on the threat table, then has the 3-6 seconds to have Archavon walk over to him, and hold at least 109% threat over melee DPS or 129% over ranged.

If you are saying that its impossible to hold threat while you are HoPed, please, try it, then post back here. Its real simple, hit taunt, get HoPed, then get HoP removed.

Quote Originally Posted by Chronalis
    In short, just don't use it on tanks.
    You really need to classify comments like this. It's obvious to me that you're talking about 10 man, because I've done both. Others that haven't, or are just now refining their strat for 25, may read something like this from a forum moderator and then run off to tell their raid about how they shouldn't be BoPing tanks.

You haven't gotten there yet on 25, so let me be really clear about how important BoPs are on this fight. It literally cannot be done without coordinated BoPs. Three Pallies is the general minimum, but it also can be done with two and a bit of luck.

In 25, if a tank gets chased and it's time for a BoP, he gets a BoP or he dies and the raid wipes - end of story.

In 10, you are correct. There is actually no need at all for any BoPs in normal or hard. This is by design as it simply cannot be guaranteed that a 10 group will always have a Pally. They should be reserved for "oh shit" situations like if someone is chased twice and doesn't react fast enough. If you do choose to BoP someone in 10, you need to be very vocal about it.
    <WHAR LEWTS PLZ HALp>

Ok I am confused here. Why is the tank getting HoP?

This would upset me greatly. :P

As a Pally tank if we are taunting and I need to make sure I drop threat I will toggle off Righteous Fury. So if your using HoP at all it sounds like your enabling your babysitting. :P (LOL just kidding)

Now all seriousness aside....
    Now if HoP is a part of the Strategy for your group and fight then the tank knows that you are doing your thing. If a part of that strat is you removing it then remove it and do not call it babysitting. But if all you are required to do in the strat is cast it then do so and let it be. If problems ensue remind the tanks about the Strat and make a point to tell them about the above mentioned macro to remove the buff.

I love my crews I run with. We set a Strat and follow it. We have learned to trust each other sometimes to a fault. I catch myself alot not double checking stuff because if it is a part of the strat then I trust my mates that it is taken care of and focus on my job. I guess I am spoiled that way.

Every taunt forces the target to attack you for anywhere from 3-6 seconds, regardless of if you are immune or not, its how tanks are able to hold threat off of who they taunted the mob off of in the first place. IE: Archavon throws tank1 up in air, tank2 uses taunt to match the threat of the highest person left on the threat table, then has the 3-6 seconds to have Archavon walk over to him, and hold at least 109% threat over melee DPS or 129% over ranged.

If you are saying that its impossible to hold threat while you are HoPed, please, try it, then post back here. Its real simple, hit taunt, get HoPed, then get HoP removed.
    /facepalm

P.S: sorry can't find a good picture

To be fair, there are certain cases where taunt will work for a few moments even if bubbled. But it is not how Kris stated...
    Quote Originally Posted by Imnick View Post
    I [opinion] [cataclysm feature] and you should to. Anything who disagrees with me that [cataclysm feature] is [opinion] is a big [insult].
    I asked all of my friends and they all agreed with me that [cataclysm feature] is as [opinion] as it is possible to be.
    Blizzard are so [opinion], what [compliment/insult]s they all are!

There, now we can stop posting new topics in the Cataclysm forum altogether.
    And if you disagree with me you're an [insult].

Quote Originally Posted by Reyalz
    Ok I am confused here. Why is the tank getting HoP?

This would upset me greatly. :P
    The tank is getting BoP because in 25 man Heroic Anub you don't have unlimited ice patches. And the shit you get isn't enough. So you use BoPs to extend the timer. When someone gets chased, they go stand next to an ice patch and get a BoP. Anub spikes hit them but do nothing for 8 seconds or so, THEN they go across the ice to stun him.
    <WHAR LEWTS PLZ HALp>

I'm coming to the conclusion that you A) don't raid ever and B) recently escaped from the happy home.