Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast

Re: Citadel Loot Update, Blue posts

Honestly, healing warrior tanks USED TO BE hard on healers. But honestly, this has changed a lot since Ulduar first came out. Our MT is a warrior, and I've healed him through nearly every encounter (and hard mode) in WOTLK. While he's not the best tank on every encounter, he's good enough on all of them, which is a huge step forward from when 3.1 first came out.

But one thing that caught my attention was the comment about "hard on healers" meaning healers going oom. This is not the only sign to be looking for. Another big sign is how much healers have to concentrate to keep a tank up. When it becomes "pure stress" healing a tank, then the healers are clearly completely overwhelmed. It happens. Even without healers going oom. It's just one of those things that you can't quantify, and i suppose some healers' threshold for "pure stress" is higher than others. But it can't be ignored.

Quote Originally Posted by Unholyground
    http://db.mmo-champion.com/i/50415/b...-bone-arbiter/ Paladin, DK, and Warriors should be creaming their pants on that one for PvP lol
    Even for PVE ! People fail to understand this but depending on the proc rate, it can be VERY good. If it procs every 10 sec it'll be +220dps. Yes, you loose other sats but it increases also your survaviability. Let's wait and see =)

Quote Originally Posted by Sharlot
    At last we have decent caster trinket now.
    only if you do 25. the 10 man one sucks ass. the emblem one sucks ass. crappy trinkets 2/3.

Holy bonus armor batman! All the tank pieces for emblems are just fantastic! I didn't want no namby-pansy evasion anyway!

15+ Year Old Account

Is anybody else seeying the references to all the old game loot?

Lot of names seeying simulair to lvl 60 gear, and even the description and name of http://db.mmo-champion.com/i/50791/s...argoyle-cloak/ are very simulair to the cloak in the old Stratholme instance...
    Dawwwwwww

Quote Originally Posted by coolcatchris
    only if you do 25. the 10 man one sucks ass. the emblem one sucks ass. crappy trinkets 2/3.
    The emblem ones are crap, yes, but the 10-man one is an Illustration of the Dragon Soul *plus* a hefty amount of passive crit. It's far from suckass. It's nothing like the truly worthless ToC10 trinkets.

Deleted

Still no dps one-handers for DW DKs? Not even one?

10+ Year Old Account

Seriously - what's wrong with certain classes excelling at x or y encounter and the others not being very good? If you want to eliminate this "issue" you'd either have to make all the boss damage mechanics pretty boring or have even more homogenization of classes (or maybe stats say parry = passive dmg reduce, stupid idea I know), none of which are good options.
    Quote Originally Posted by Scrod View Post
    Ok, I give up. This is pointless.
    Many Multitudes Online Constantly Harping About Minor Problems
    FIRE GIVES ME BIGGER BLOOD SHIELDS

Quote Originally Posted by Xentropy
    The emblem ones are crap, yes, but the 10-man one is an Illustration of the Dragon Soul *plus* a hefty amount of passive crit. It's far from suckass. It's nothing like the truly worthless ToC10 trinkets.
    meh, crit is a completely wasted stat for me, i have to run the 25 just to get some haste. not happy.

Is shaman gear on the PTR yet? Can we get a cool little movie and views of the other races like the other classes have?

I'd say that Troggbane, Axe of the Frostborne King is probably a drop from The Lich King, in either 10man hc or 25man normal.

Just like back in naxx when the items from KT had higher Ilvl then rest of the intance.

And the name " Troggbane, Axe of the Frostborne King" sounds like something that would drop off Arthas.

How can some of you honestly be complaining about the 10 man Caster DPS trinket(s); the 10 man regular one is like a baby Illustration of the Dragon soul + passive crit, the heroic level one is exactly like the dragon soul + crit. Not to mention you can technically equip both the 10-Reg and 10-Her ones for 283 crit rating(6.16%) + 380 total stacked spell power. It may be boring but together those trinkets are pretty damn good imo.

10+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by quez
    I'd say that Troggbane, Axe of the Frostborne King is probably a drop from The Lich King, in either 10man hc or 25man normal.

Just like back in naxx when the items from KT had higher Ilvl then rest of the intance.

And the name " Troggbane, Axe of the Frostborne King" sounds like something that would drop off Arthas.
    Apart from the "e" added to "Frostborne", I'd think it's more related to http://www.wowwiki.com/Frostborn and how MURADIN was the King of the Frostborn before he realized who he was.

Quote Originally Posted by Silrayne
    How can some of you honestly be complaining about the 10 man Caster DPS trinket(s); the 10 man regular one is like a baby Illustration of the Dragon soul + passive crit, the heroic level one is exactly like the dragon soul + crit. Not to mention you can technically equip both the 10-Reg and 10-Her ones for 283 crit rating(6.16%) + 380 total stacked spell power. It may be boring but together those trinkets are pretty damn good imo.
    if you had read the comments (smart) you'd know it's because for some of us, crit means bugger all, and we have to run 25 man for some haste. why the hell is it crit 10 man, haste 25?

when the left side patch 3.3 menu with direct link to loots?

Quote Originally Posted by Kaneiac
    Apart from the "e" added to "Frostborne", I'd think it's more related to http://www.wowwiki.com/Frostborn and how MURADIN was the King of the Frostborn before he realized who he was.
    Almost certainly, since the Troggs are at war with the Dwarves constantly.

Also, holy shit, 1400 PvE items!

Unidentifiable Organ...is dat some maximum optimisation for effective health? I think it is.
    'u get constant hit by ice shit from roof so you can travel instantly all across the room'

Quote Originally Posted by DiamondTear
    How can only shield tanks being able to tank anub adds NOT cross the line? What does it take?!
    And only shield tanks can aoe interrupt....
    Hello SPELL STEAL NERF ?
    Spell steal gives wings and Working As Intended

Reading the comments about gear just being increasing numbers was disappointing.

I thought this was a problem with MC -> BWL -> AQ gear where the gear just became a set of increasing numbers after a while. It's disappointing that 4 years later, Blizzard is still content to keep increasing the numbers on gear so that there is character "progression".

So it'd make sense to suggest that 10 man normal Lich King loot will be 258, 10 man HC 271, 25 man normal 271, 25 man hc 284.

Will be interesting to see exactly what items the Lich King drops though.