New Resto/Elem relics

I was wondering what other people thought about possibly using the new elemental relic providing haste off of flame shock periodic damage over the resto relic providing spell power on riptide use.

Resto Trinket:
    Item - Shaman T10 Restoration Relic (Riptide)
    Instant cast
    Your Riptide spell grants 85 spell power for 15 sec. Stacks up to 3 times.

Elemental Relic:
    Item - Shaman T10 Elemental Relic (Shocks)
    Instant cast
    The periodic damage from your Flame Shock spell grants 44 haste rating for 30 sec. Stacks up to 5 times.

Total Resto SP bonus:
    3*85= 255 SP

Total Elem Haste:
    5*44= 220 Haste (33 haste = 1%, 220 haste= 6.67%)

I realize this would put a strain on a resto shaman in a high raid damage situation but the 30 sec buff may counteract the loss of one gcd to apply Flame Shock.
    I apologize if this has been brought up already, I haven't been on the forums in a couple weeks. I'm just wondering what other people think of this idea.

Edit: Math and grammar :P
    Quote Originally Posted by Trucidor
    I don't know if it's envy, as much as it is most WoW players following this line of thought:

-Anyone who plays less than you is a casual scrub getting free welfare epics.
    -Anyone who plays more than you is an unemployed virgin who needs to get a life, a job, and/or go outside.

Could be both, though.

Re: New Resto/Elem relics

Sounds like a good suggestion to me. Would take some getting used to, but a simple macros would do it. I wouldn't say an exceptionally skilled Restoration Shaman would be needed to take advantage of this relic mechanic either. It's worth trying out.

It would be the same kind of strain that using underpowered Riptide can cause. Except you'd need to reapply (i.e. waste GCD) it less often. It very well might be worth using the ele totem as a resto.

http://www.mmo-champion.com/class-shaman/resto-shaman-the-%27t10%27-totems!/

math in that thread pretty much shows that using the FS totem as resto is bad
    Val'anyr Completed: July 9
    Mimiron's Head
    Comablack @ magtheridon

Locking thread as there is already a thread in progress covering this. Please read through the active threads in the future before posting a new one.