Page 1 of 5
... LastLast
    15+ Year Old Account

What's up with all these GUNS!

Every time I read news about new loot found from ICC, whether it was 10 or 25 man, hard mode or normal, I always get
    disappointed for the lack of bows.
    It's always guns.. since the new Naxxramas Average Joe's BiS ranged weapon has "always" been a gun.
    Envoy of Mortality, Giant's Bane, Fezzik's Autocannon, Widebarrel Flintlock...
    There are some occasional xbows, but you get the picture right?

Now among ICC loot I don't find single decent bow. Why is that so? What has made Blizzard so obsessed with guns?
    They are ugly, their sound make my head explode and on a more personal note, my racial doesn't support them...
    oh.. .and did I already mention that they're all butt ugly?

Oh I know there are ways to make guns more tolerable, but I don't want my ranged weapon to sound like M4 either...

So.... WHY?

"I am smiling. I am perky. I am the girl scout on your front porch offering cookies for money.
    I am your biscuit prostitute. I hope our transaction is savory."

Re: What's up with all these GUNS!

Because Blizzard hates Trolls and their racial. Trolls are Jamaican, maybe Blizzard hates Jamaica.

The ICC loot list is far from done... they don't even have a 25 man weapon for hunters listed yet last time I check. Just a tank gun.

I was disappointed they didn't use the good bow model from ToC for more than 1 item though. And it still hasn't dropped on 10 heroic for me. Not that it is an upgrade, but I want it for the item model.
    Snarky: Adjective - Any language that contains quips or comments containing sarcastic or satirical witticisms intended as blunt irony. Usually delivered in a manner that is somewhat abrupt and out of context and intended to stun and amuse.

15+ Year Old Account

I'm sure a community that has nothing to do with the development of the game itself will be able to give you the answer you're looking for... :

Quote Originally Posted by d3v
    I'm sure a community that has nothing to do with the development of the game itself will be able to give you the answer you're looking for... :
    Asking a WoW question to a WoW community where someone might know the answer? How absurd! :

15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by d3v
    I'm counting on it buddy.. now this is a matter of opinions and this forum sure as hell has opinions aight?
    We, *as-a-community* already tried that "bring it to Blizzard" shit when they made pets disappear when using ground mount.
    It was a poke in the eye that was made look like a thing WE wanted. What good did protesting get us then? What would it now?

On to the walls like -89!

"I am smiling. I am perky. I am the girl scout on your front porch offering cookies for money.

10+ Year Old Account

agreed.

still using the bow that drops from patchwerk because i hat guns, i dont care about their look, its the sound. i swear that sound has its volume turned up far louder than any other effect. i will keep my arrowsong till they drop a decent bow.
    'Let no man deceive himself. If any one among you seem to be wise in this world, let him become a fool, that he may be wise.'
    Translation: you are a fool.

Quote Originally Posted by funkyfloyd
    agreed.

still using the bow that drops from patchwerk because i hat guns, i dont care about their look, its the sound. i swear that sound has its volume turned up far louder than any other effect. i will keep my arrowsong till they drop a decent bow.
    You can try this.
    http://wow.curse.com/downloads/wow-a.../silencer.aspx

I haven't used it personally but it seems like it will still work based on some of the more recent comments on there...just be careful that you read the instructions and don't put it in the addons folder as a lot of comments point out.

I have used a gun since naxx and I don't mind the sound too much personally. I actually rely on the sound sometimes to let me know my shot went off.

15+ Year Old Account

maybe lich king drops a bow on 25 which would make it BiS since his epics are lvl 284 on 25 h mode

15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by sluggs
    maybe lich king drops a bow on 25 which would make it BiS since his epics are lvl 284 on 25 h mode
    with this nice and juicy gating system that's gonna give us "a sustainable, measured, and ultimately more enjoyable pace" we're about
    to get that drop on.. hmm.. month before Cataclysm?

damn.. I really should ditch these pessimism-glasses I'm wearing....

I rather use a gun, however as a troll i have a 5% bonus so it seems stupid that blizz is ignoring us.
    Quote from: JonTargaryen on October 10, 2009, 09:16:46 pm
    Jaina isn't thinking with her head, she's thinking with her jaina.

Wow need more guns! <-- Dwarf hunter if you hadnt guessed! Next hunter legendary should be a gun! That super weapon in uldum? Ya.... its a hunter legendary gun!
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0H3-N9zoI5c Amazing video of 60+ devilsaurs raiding Undercity!

My God, what a horrible creation. People seeing what they want? Thank God they tried to shy away from that. I know it pisses me off when I'm in an heroic raid, yet in the back of my head all I can think is 'some casual player is playing a heroic dungeon and not wiping.' -Vodkarn

15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Texco
    Asking a WoW question to a WoW community where someone might know the answer? How absurd! :
    His question is obviously based towards Blizzard. Since when are we Blizzard?

And if he seriously are asking us why Blizzard aren't implementing enough bows, well then, need I say more?

Quote Originally Posted by Zeel
    I'm counting on it buddy.. now this is a matter of opinions and this forum sure as hell has opinions aight?
    We, *as-a-community* already tried that "bring it to Blizzard" shit when they made pets disappear when using ground mount.
    It was a poke in the eye that was made look like a thing WE wanted. What good did protesting get us then? What would it now?

On to the walls like -89!
    You're asking why Blizzard aren't implementing enough bows...

Okay seeing as this seems to be hard to understand to the 2 quoted above, I'll make it simple:

How the fuck should we know why Blizzard aren't implementing more bows, without Blizzard saying so themselves

Think that sums it up.

And bows used to be BiS regularly. Welcome to cycles, get over it.

Guns are gonna be the BiS for most of cata too probably, looking at the theme for the dungeons there. Mechanical stuff -> guns.

Sometimes the bis doesn't match your racial. Deal with it. The axes in ToC don't help my dwarf at all.

don't like not having the best racials for BiS? Faction/race transfer. Problem solved.

Or quit your bitchin. Either works.

15+ Year Old Account

I <3 guns.

I may need to see if there is a "What's up with all these 2h axes?" Whether it was Betrayer of Humanity back in Naxxramas, Edge of Ruin for anyone that is left running heroics, or with the upcoming legendary, I can't help but feel swords and maces need more chances to shine.

Insert "Blizzard prefers the Orc racial to Humans/Dwarves when it comes to 2h weapons" line of crap here.

It's just the way it goes, but I guess you were thrilled that the legendary weapon for hunters was a bow.

15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by telemain
    And bows used to be BiS regularly. Welcome to cycles, get over it.

Guns are gonna be the BiS for most of cata too probably, looking at the theme for the dungeons there. Mechanical stuff -> guns.
    well it took a bit twisting and ~10 replies but we're getting on finally. solid, backed up opinion. something that can be dealt with.
    makes me feel all warm and fuzzy inside <3

make guns sounds like bow

http://www.wowinterface.com/download...dLikeBows.html

used it a long time...
    http://worldofwarcraft.mmocluster.com/img_sig/92270.jpg
    (Signature image too large. Please resize it, and read the guidelines.)

Quote Originally Posted by Sweet Lou
    It's just the way it goes, but I guess you were thrilled that the legendary weapon for hunters was a bow.
    I'm sure most people in this thread were no where near acquiring the legendary bow anywhere near the time it was relevant.
    Snarky: Adjective - Any language that contains quips or comments containing sarcastic or satirical witticisms intended as blunt irony. Usually delivered in a manner that is somewhat abrupt and out of context and intended to stun and amuse.

It is really simple.
    Azeroth as a world is advancing. As did our own earth.
    You can just quit now and come back in 2 expansions. You will find hunters using Ak-47 or dual-wielding two Mp5 s. They would be epic items by then. And we will have rocket lauchers with heat-seeker and 0.001 weapon speed as legendaries.

So please don't be surprised and get used to new technology.
    80 Orc Hunter
    80 Tauren druid
    80 Tauren Warrior
    80 Orc Warlock
    80 Blood elf Death knight
    To Be continued...

15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by bullseyed
    I'm sure most people in this thread were no where near acquiring the legendary bow anywhere near the time it was relevant.
    That's partly what I'm getting at, with how the cycles are flowing now you won't be looking at a specific weapon for an overwhelmingly long time unless you have exceedingly bad luck.

Quote Originally Posted by Gaskal
    It is really simple.
    Azeroth as a world is advancing. As did our own earth.
    You can just quit now and come back in 2 expansions. You will find hunters using Ak-47 or dual-wielding two Mp5 s. They would be epic items by then. And we will have rocket lauchers with heat-seeker and 0.001 weapon speed as legendaries.

So please don't be surprised and get used to new technology.
    I've seen modern compound bows far more frightening than guns. At least you'll die relatively quick from a gun, bows will let you bleed out.