Priest Tier gear copies

Starting with Ulduar and continuing now in ICC it seems that Blizz is using the Priest Tier gear models for the MAJORITY (probably 90% +) of the generic cloth gear that drops in the zone and just recoloring them. As a Priest I find this rather frustrating since it basically makes the Tier gear less 'special'. Every cloth wearer can pretty much gather up gear from a raid and look nearly identical to a Priest. Looking at the gear listed for ICC so far it appears this is true for ALL of it...not 1 piece of generic Warlock gear in the whole bunch. Granted t7 were just recolors of old gear but at least the gear that dropped in Naxx used different skins from the Tier gear. Yes, I realize I don't have much of a point here, more of just a QQ, but come on Blizz!! Quit robbing Priests of their Tier gear.

Re: Priest Tier gear copies

there was an entire Mage recolor in Ulduar and the same is true of Icecrown.

Mannoroth nodded. "The warrior shows much promise... I would see more of his kind, learn their potential..." WoTA

gee thx Brox...

To be honest, I'd rather wear mage t10 recolors than current priest tier junk.
    You see, there's this thing called "aggro". It's a very complicated, very technical roleplaying expression.
    Loosely translated, it means "the priest dies".

I would rather wear copied and not recolored tier6 than any wotlk tier junk :P

To be completely honest, if the requirement of your gear is that it makes you stand out and look special then you are playing the wrong MMO. WoW gear is all about stats. Nothing else even matters.
    "The round, metal cooking utensil referring to the larger, cookware customarily used for, but not limited to, stews, as being of a dark shade or possibly of African descent." ~~ Fixed for now. But keep in mind any one of the words used in that fix may become politically incorrect or offensive at any moment for any reason. Further amendments may be required to prevent frivolous lawsuits in the future.

T10 set bonus is awful for holy. I'd still rather wear recolored mage pieces.
    And still they say BS about feeling of awesomness of gear after presenting current t10...
    You see, there's this thing called "aggro". It's a very complicated, very technical roleplaying expression.

You want to feel awesome and proud of your gear? Spend a few weeks farming MC for Prophecy and Benediction. Or build yourself a full Transcendance set (a real achievement) to walk around Dalaran in to show off. You'll get more people stopping to look at you that way, and admire it.

I mean, even if it was something omg super cool, guess what. Someone who plays 4 hours a week can get it too, because all they have to do is a random dungeon once a day to buy a downgraded version. Everyone's going to have it, doesn't matter how cool or "special" it looks.

Everyone having it = less cool, no matter how badass it was supposed to look.
    ~Former Priest/Guild Wars 2 Moderator~
    Now TESTING: ArcheAge (Alpha)
    Now PLAYING: MonoRed Burn (MtG Standard)
    Twitter: @KelestiMMO come say hi!
    ~When you speak, I hear silence. Every word a defiance~

Quote Originally Posted by Elothie
    I would rather wear copied and not recolored tier6 than any wotlk tier junk :P
    This.

Quote Originally Posted by Daez
    To be completely honest, if the requirement of your gear is that it makes you stand out and look special then you are playing the wrong MMO. WoW gear is all about stats. Nothing else even matters.
    I'm sure it would be fun if every gear was identical to level 1 white quality armor, but with better stats..

Looks do matter for many people, but if they don't to you then fair enough.

15+ Year Old Account

Tier gear in general stopped being original after vanilla. Even some aspects of BC tiers were used for generic items.

The T6 shoulder and helm designs were both used on generic pieces.
    The T5 and T6 priest sets were strikingly similar to each other, simply with a different color scheme and a couple of minor modifications.
    T4 was too ugly for anyone to even care. :P
    T7 was recolored T3. The color scheme, however, looked like someone just threw up on T3 and gave it to you.
    T8 had several non-tier items with the same design.
    T9...let's not get started on that one.
    And now we have T10.

Blizzard isn't wanting to make original design ideas for tier to make it unique from other gear. I think it's pretty clear as of this point. If you want something unique, here's what you do. Raid in full greens and blues. You will definitely look different from all the guys in full epics. :P

It's like set bonuses in the same regard. T9 was nice, T8 was okay, but name the last time beyond vanilla that you got set bonuses that made you really, REALLY feel like you "needed" to get them.
    Fenixdown (retail) : level 60 priest. 2005-2015, 2022-???? (returned!)
    Fenixdown (classic) : level 70 priest. 2019 - present

The T5 and T6 priest sets were strikingly similar to each other, simply with a different color scheme and a couple of minor modifications.
    But T6 is probably my favorite tier set ever. Like...across all classes and expansions. I'd wear it on a warrior.

Quote Originally Posted by Fenixdown
    Raid in full greens and blues. You will definitely look different from all the guys in full epics. :P
    With our tier 10 design, barely anyone would notice :P