do we ever get our 8 items sets agian??

Any1 know if we ever get a tier set agian with 8 items?? i think it would be some nice if we did :P ;D

Re: do we ever get our 8 items sets agian??

I remember a blue stating at the end of TBC, IIRC, they didn't want 8 sets like that anymore it didn't leave enough "options" for other armor slots, i.e. boots, belt, bracer, they felt it was too restricting or something because people "had" to get those slots filled with tier to get the 8set.

Quote Originally Posted by Susa
    I remember a blue stating at the end of TBC, IIRC, they didn't want 8 sets like that anymore it didn't leave enough "options" for other armor slots, i.e. boots, belt, bracer, they felt it was too restricting or something because people "had" to get those slots filled with tier to get the 8set.
    8 items to the set, last set bonus is at 6! Solved!
    When I want to log out, where's the save button? I can't find it anywhere, been logged in for three years now.

Deleted

They could just "copy" they idea from TBC, with having 4 piece set bonus, but 8 tier items. This would leave a great deal more customization options open, as you had several ways of getting your 4 piece bonus.

if they would bring back 8pieces of tier the pve gear in arena would be fixed. aswell as giving raiders "more" to raid for.
    9thorder.com | Recruiting exceptional players!

Quote Originally Posted by Quirinus
    They could just "copy" they idea from TBC, with having 4 piece set bonus, but 8 tier items. This would leave a great deal more customization options open, as you had several ways of getting your 4 piece bonus.
    Tier six originally had only five pieces, the boots, bracers and belts were added in sunwell because they didn't want to make another tier set but they wanted people to keep the set bonuses without forcing them to use a lot of old gear.

There already is room for customisation anyway, assuming that you want four pieces of tier gear you can either wear the whole set or swap one of five pieces out for at least one piece of alternative gear per slot. That sounds like plenty of customisation already to me.

Hope 8-peice sets make a comeback, so much more awesome to be in a full matching set than 5 bits with an odd boots and belt.

No we won't. Blizz has said more than once that they don't want to go that route again.

i hope we get a set-up so we can have a 4set and 2set bonuses at the same time
    Quote Originally Posted by Agrus
    Dear Dentarg-EU,

WTF?

Regards,
    Khadgar-EU

Quote Originally Posted by Susa
    And now if I look to loots from ToC 25. There's only one pair of DPS plate boots (DK skin), only one pair of DPS plate bracers (don't care of the skin here) and only one DPS plate belt (war skin).

So if you're a DK or war, you look weird. If you're a Paladin, you look like a damn patchwork. But I still have no choice.

Quote Originally Posted by Mauhour
    And now if I look to loots from ToC 25. There's only one pair of DPS plate boots (DK skin), only one pair of DPS plate bracers (don't care of the skin here) and only one DPS plate belt (war skin).

So if you're a DK or war, you look weird. If you're a Paladin, you look like a damn patchwork. But I still have no choice.
    except for a robe and a belt, to my knowledge, there has been no use of warlock sets anywhere.
    Not sure why this is french.

TBC had the best system - multiple pieces of tier gear with various stats, but only went up to a 4-set bonus.
    By far the greatest option for customisation.

8-part tier set with 4-part max bonus would give us so much more customizaton options then the current sets:S
    Sharkughash, resto shaman (main): http://eu.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Dentarg&n=Sharkughash

Aradhel, Ret Pally (alt): http://eu.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Dentarg&n=Sharkughash

discussion is old.

no matter how we / you / blizzard puts it.
    someone will always figure out the BiS for your spec and class.

Our gearing IS restricted in that sense.

having said that.. i would go in the other direction - like 2-set bonus items.. 3-4 set bonus items.. and such (feeling the diablo fever).
    - like 2 set ring bonus of a small proc chance..
    - or fx. like the 2 onyxia trinkets (very nice by blizzard)

The result would still be BiS solutions.. but, it would implement more sense of accomplishments in getting this stuff.

bringing back upgradable set items (tier0 -> 0.5) was a nice feature, and should also really be considered.

well, i do not really see why you couldn´t make a 8pc tier set with 2pc and 4pc bonus.

i as a enhancement shaman often suffer not only from having all "not shaman tier mail" being hunter skin, but also from all the armorpenetr we have on it.

icc clearly shows that they know what we ( enh ) want on our tier gear, and a item specifically designed for a certain class/spec is better than a item 3-4 specs can use, but only 1 or 2 of them actually like.

you could add a effect similar to those of the elite difficulty sets in diablo ( you have the full set and your character glows in a cool way or something ). would give a style reason ( aside from having matching, good itemized gear ) to wear it, but wouldn´t necessarily force it upon us, as we reach most important set bonus with 4pc still.

and as the most showy parts of any set are stil shoulders, helm, chest and gloves/legs, most people would still go for those parts first.

those who have mostly BiS-gear could than go for 4 additional pieces for style bonus.

and it would be cool to be able to switch tier gear versions whenever you switch talent spec ( you spec from enhance to resto, your tier changes from enh tier to resto tier and so on ). hybrids are currently in a bad way in terms of competing in dps, so it would be reasonable to at least make it easier for them to change between specs without them having to attain a complete new set of gear
    Quote Originally Posted by Angoth
    I'm sorry that Blizzard won't just gift wrap awesome in a cup and let you drink your fill.

15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by darksöul
    Any1 know if we ever get a tier set agian with 8 items?? i think it would be some nice if we did :P ;D
    Soon ™

I will give my life for the nation. ~Naoto Kan. SNN

no because it would require casuals to farm heroics for two more items which is "too much effort". If they make it again, you get the last two items in the mail when obtaining your 6th piece.