Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Deleted

Re: ShockAndAwe v5.10 released

Quote Originally Posted by Jebuz
    Just two quick questions;

any particular reason you have wolves as default top priority? I realize using them on every cooldown will result in max dps, but there's a handful of fights where you want to save them for a particular phase or such. Having them at top priority seems kinda obstructive to the rest of the priority cue. (I realize it's quite easy to disable)

My other question is, what does 'lava lash if no QE" stand for?

edit: Loving the gcd timer on the priority frame.
    I'm looking at adding multiple "sets" so that you can switch priority set according to the style of fight. Perhaps 4 or 5 different sets you could configure. eg: Include SW at top set, a soloing set, a pvp set, a set for specific fights where you alter priorities slightly etc

LL if no QE is if you have the T9 Totem of Quaking Earth, this then recommends Lava Lash early to keep the 400AP/120SP buff up on the target, as this boosts, LB, SS, ES, FS, LL, MT.

Deleted

One addition i would really like, is individually movable timer bars. The reason for this is i would like my primary bars towards the centre of my screen and less important (to me) bars lower down on the screen.

I really appreciate your hard work on this, and general theory-crafting, Levva. Both have been an immeasurable help to me.

Is there any benefit to casting LB if you only have MW3 or 4. I personally use the totem of electrifying winds so would casting LB more often help to keep this haste buff up and increase my dps, or would it cut down on my dps if i have a cast time on a MW3 or 4 LB?

Deleted

Quote Originally Posted by stevos
    One addition i would really like, is individually movable timer bars. The reason for this is i would like my primary bars towards the centre of my screen and less important (to me) bars lower down on the screen.
    This has been on the to do list for ages but is a massive re-write. I've just never had sufficient time/motivation to start on this.

Deleted

Quote Originally Posted by yazz
    Is there any benefit to casting LB if you only have MW3 or 4. I personally use the totem of electrifying winds so would casting LB more often help to keep this haste buff up and increase my dps, or would it cut down on my dps if i have a cast time on a MW3 or 4 LB?
    There is to casting MW4_LB if you put it at the very bottom of the priority list, MW3 is incredibly difficult to do without watching swing timers and so is best avoided.

HOWEVER now is a bad time to start learning that as 4pc T10 bonus will make waiting until 5 stacks preferable. You could add it until you get 4pc T10, I appreciate that for many people that will take quite some months.

Thanks for the info.

I was also wondering, is this priority just built around the totem of QE. shamans on my server are using totem of EW. would there be any changes in the priority if you were using the EW totem? or should we just be using the QE totem?

Deleted

Quote Originally Posted by yazz
    Thanks for the info.

I was also wondering, is this priority just built around the totem of QE. shamans on my server are using totem of EW. would there be any changes in the priority if you were using the EW totem? or should we just be using the QE totem?
    Its a matter of personal preference if you are going for a haste or an AP build. If you put LL_QE into your priority list in ShockAndAwe or EnhSim and you don't have the totem of quaking earth it will simply ignore that priority and move onto the next one.

Quote Originally Posted by scvd
    Rotation is my way of saying i start with storm strike i get all my moves off inbetween the cooldown and go again, wont always be the same but i come back to stormstrike, what does rotate mean sir? Exactly my point

Good day

x
    Whether you call it a rotation or priority system, this addon helps maximize your dps where your own mental capabilities can only do so much. Sure it's not too difficult to realize which ability to use next, however keeping track of all of the cool downs as well as procs does get overwhelming in a raid setting when you have additional priorities as well, such as totems and any encounter mechanics that apply. That's a lot to keep track of no matter who you are and an addon such as this only helps increase your own dps. If you use it and never see any dps increase because of it then more power to you, but I doubt that'd be the case regardless of how well you can manage your priorities.

Thank you ;D

Thanks, I am using the new version and it has increased my overall damage very nicely. Just need to get used to using the flame shock instead of earth shock every time. That and the chain lightning when going for multiple targets. This brings me to another couple of suggestions:

1) Is it possible to have different profiles that we can switch for different fights (eg Trash or Twins, put CL in the "rotation" when it's up)?
    2) I was busy fighting the trash last night on the way to Ony and didn't want to use my wolves on them. The problem was that the wolves hide the next item in the rotation (except lightning bolt). Would it be possible to have the wolves appear as a different icon above? This would also be a problem on Anub P3.
    3) Is it possible to add the Fire Elemental to the SAA rotation and if so, would it be possible to check the available mana on the fire elemental to give an indication when to switch back to magma.

Deleted

My intention is to have four or five priorities you can setup, and a key bind to allow you to switch sets in combat.

If you are on boss press a key and use set 1.

Thus you go on trash - press a key and use set 2 -

Out soloing - press a key and use set 3

Doing PvP - cry at the futility first then press a key and use set 4

Note that the current set priorities will stay active until you choose to change them. So its 1 key press to change list not one key press lots of times.