lots ofarp on new gear after nerf??

Ive been looking through the new teir 10 gear and through alot of the new gear for ICC and i have noticed a relatifvely high amount of arp on alot of the gear... might this be why blizz decided to nerf it??

ive looked through the loot and it seems that you will be able to make the new cap for arp(1400 hard cap) and ive run numbers and you can still get 4 peice bonus and then token hands with arp and youll be pretty damn close to soft cap and with grim toll/rune stone/ or the new 5 man on e they released this should make going arp much easier??

question is why would blizz decide to give us shit loads or arp if they are getting rid of it or if it wasnt OP??

Re: lots ofarp on new gear after nerf??

Armor penetration is being removed as a stat from items, not being removed from the game entirely. It will still be linked to your Mastery in certain class specs.

my mistake i didnt mean get rid of it i meant nerf it... i was trying to imply that it might be because they were putting higer and higer stats on our items so they wanted to make it harder to reach 100% arp cap...

I hate the fact that theres so much ArP on the gear from ICC.

first: bm sucks atm, and bm dont gain much from ArP = not going to fix anything

mm: a bit "op" and will be more op

surv: dosnt gain much from ArP and will be an inferior specc with ICC gear.

Surv for replenish in 10man
    http://eu.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Talnivarr&n=Bks
    http://meight.webb.se/ mEIGHT of Talnivarr-EU, 10man raiding guild.

The alternative is most likely haste (or possibly crit if they are nice), and then ArP is preferable for all hunter specs, unless they implement pet scaling from haste in 3.3. The ArP will be converted to mastery in Cataclysm so it remains to be seen how good a stat it'll be. Haste will be much better then also.
    There are very nice amounts of agility on Icecrown gear which survival scales best from, so I'm not worried yet that SV will be much worse than marks, and the ArP nerf also hit MM the most.

Quote Originally Posted by rokkitan
    There are very nice amounts of agility on Icecrown gear which survival scales best from, so I'm not worried yet that SV will be much worse than marks, and the ArP nerf also hit MM the most.
    Still, MM scales very good with agility aswell as ArP.

And ArP is a "wasted" stat for surv (20-30% dmg from phys)

Surv for replenish in 10man
    http://eu.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Talnivarr&n=Bks
    http://meight.webb.se/ mEIGHT of Talnivarr-EU, 10man raiding guild.

Quote Originally Posted by Bukis
    Still, MM scales very good with agility aswell as ArP.

And ArP is a "wasted" stat for surv (20-30% dmg from phys)
    Yes, MM still scales well with agility, but SV scales better. And ArP isn't a wasted stat for SV, as both autoshot, aimed/multi, steady and kill is physical. In Icecrown gear it actually is better than crit per itembudget for SV. If you check out the Hunter DPS Analyzer http://www.femaledwarf.com/ for the top dps it's only a ~150 dps difference from MM to SV at theoretical dps of 12.5k.

Yes there was a nerf. But have you seen how much arp is on that gear? Its insane, you can hardcap without trinkets most likely. And if you are survival you should probably give the ARP MM spec a chance when ICC comes out, BIG NUMBERS ON SCREEN.

i agree whole heartedly im a MM hunter myself and i dreaded when they nerfed my arp. you cant quite hard cap without atleast one of the trinkets but its still easy to get to the 758 soft cap pretty easily without having to do much geming and with gemming you might be able to hit upwheres of about 900

the ArP nerf was because of this gear coming out

if they hadnt implemented it, the extra ArP would be wasted (not counting gemming)

but all specs will benefit somewhat with the ArP... MM being the most benefitted
    Oh yes, there is a method to my madness O.o
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    We generally consider 0 / 0 / 71 builds to be a failure.
    ^win

Quote Originally Posted by Cracka_Bob
    the ArP nerf was because of this gear coming out

if they hadnt implemented it, the extra ArP would be wasted (not counting gemming)

but all specs will benefit somewhat with the ArP... MM being the most benefitted
    exactly, if arp was at it's old cap people would probably be hard capping it, or coming close before ICC even comes out.

Quote Originally Posted by tyrant21
    exactly, if arp was at it's old cap people would probably be hard capping it, or coming close before ICC even comes out.
    Hell, with Banner of Victory, ArPen gemming, and ArPen food/elixir, it was possible to be all of two points shy of cap with ToGC25 gear before they nerfed it.
    Signature removed. Please read our guidelines. Venara