Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ...
    15+ Year Old Account

Re: Shamans and swords?

Quote Originally Posted by Omanley
    rogues are assasins. assasins do not use heavy weapons. assasins do not use showy weapons. assasins use weapons which are effective in killing and easy to hide.

maces are big. maces are heavy. maces arent suited for hiding them. maces cant be used for stabbing/hacking etc. you need a lot of power to deal great dmg with it. except orc rogues, nobody is really suited in using maces/axes as a rogue ( and orcs themselves are questionable rogues ( though i play one myself ^^ ))

axes: same as maces
    I'm a combat rogue, not an assassination one. I'm a bandit and highwayman who jumps out of the bushes and hacks you with something heavy.

If my Shaman has the abilities to Summon forth Fire Elementals into battle and rain lightning from the sky.... surely I can hold a sword in my hand ;D

Quote Originally Posted by Mindbattery18

It's cause he's blind. He thinks they're maces.

/topic
    i love you

i dont think so

Mechagnome
    15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by LizzýEU
    they'll never give shamans swords cus locks and mages and paladins will qq bigtime about us stealing their loot. we just need more spellpower fists tbh
    MOAR FISTS! i agree shaman are perhaps the most unfortunate class in the field of "weps just for us" and even so, boomkins can use fists too
    Currently writing the Shaman Manifesto. Will include QQ, e-peen blazes, nerfs, and lightning. God damn i love lightning.

Quote Originally Posted by Eyetotem
    Might just be me, but I think this is really stupid, since we are the only class (can hunters use fist weapons?) that has a use for this. Nice for us, but will just start up a qq shit storm. Might as well just say here you go, shaman only weapon, now stfu about swords (doesn't help ele any come ICC either).
    No Darten, Elemental exists so resto shamans don't have to spend a minute to kill mobs when doing dailies.

the funny part is that half of the dps 1handers are fast, and only rogue use those ( and a few unholy dw dk´s )... blizz should look into that weapon-speed matter... (1 slow oh in naxx, 1 ( really obtainable upgrade ) oh in ulduar, and in tot(g)c, we wont get our weapons before anub )
    Quote Originally Posted by Angoth
    I'm sorry that Blizzard won't just gift wrap awesome in a cup and let you drink your fill.

Thread: TL;DR
    But yea i actually thought that swords would be the main weapon of the Shaman. Whenever I see shamans in films, cartoons, animes they always tend to use these swords(especially in Shaman King)
    You cannot bandage a bleeding target...
    Quote Originally Posted by Dinnerbone
    This gets my vote for thread of the month.
    If WoW was "just" a game, you wouldn't be in this forum.

Deleted

No...now shush.

Since there will be NE mages in cata, everything is possible "lore wise".

Blizz just have to say that: "shamans are find a book of sword holding. So they learned.".

Quote Originally Posted by FamilyGoat
    Might just be me, but I think this is really stupid, since we are the only class (can hunters use fist weapons?) that has a use for this. Nice for us, but will just start up a qq shit storm. Might as well just say here you go, shaman only weapon, now stfu about swords (doesn't help ele any come ICC either).
    Rogues can find use for this as well.

And yes, hunters can use fist weapons.

10+ Year Old Account

they'll never give shamans swords cus locks and mages and paladins will qq bigtime about us stealing their loot. we just need more spellpower fists tbh
    The QQ would be unbelievable.. thank god no, we've got enough QQ already

Deleted

Quote Originally Posted by TehHermansen
    The QQ would be unbelievable.. thank god no, we've got enough QQ already
    What? Warlocks would QQ? Whoever heard of a warlock QQing?
    /end sarcasm

Seriously though, QQ is on a ten second cd, so we fit it into our rotation after every conflag.

Deleted

^this

Quote Originally Posted by Huntingbear_grimbatol
    sure. give shamans 2handed sword dualwielding and sword spec making them hit double at a 10% chance, while ur at it improve windfury enchantment proc at a 50% rate. no 200% rate.

What?

Don't really think this is what shaman were asking for back when the whole rogue axes / shaman swords topic came up. There are many swords that have perfect stats on them for Enhance and Elemental. But rogues were given axes, now there is a surplus of 1.5-1.7 speed axes being added to the game that only 1 class will use. Yet if a mace or axe or fist weapon drops in the 2.6 speed range, its supposed to goto the rogue, warrior, DK before the class that has those as its only option is allowed to roll on it.

See the problem there bad hunter? Being out rolled by a bad rogue too many times for a fist, or mace tends to annoy the hell out of you. Or have some retarded hunter roll on a perfect axe, now thats really fun.

Quote Originally Posted by Myzou
    Rogues can find use for this as well.

And yes, hunters can use fist weapons.
    Rogues using a slow offhand? Is that even viable? Or is it the same as a Shaman using a fast offhand?

Hunters don't count as people anyway, so we can ignore them ;D
    No Darten, Elemental exists so resto shamans don't have to spend a minute to kill mobs when doing dailies.

The whole Shaman-wanting-swords issue from what I can see is merely Shaman desiring better upgrade options, and not receiving enough attention to their gear allocation from Blizzard.

I've always felt the issue was Fist weapons. Anyone who has knowledge of the laws of physics combined with real Medieval Weapon practice (well, real in the sense of weighted and sized equivalent to their real counter parts) would be able to attest that a fist weapon makes a far superior tanking weapon than an offensive weapon, to that of an axe. Fist weapons have the advantage of short length and the use of the heavily armored gauntlet it is attached to for deflecting blows coming in from opposite side of the shield. A shorter weapon that does not require a lot of movement to develop force will always better serve for parrying.

A fast "axe" is an oxymoron. The reason for the large blade head is that it develops more force due to its weight, and that same weight makes it a slow and therefore ineffecient for the quick movements parrying requires. Of course a fist weapon has weight to it too, but pick up a broom and try to maneuver it by holding the very end of it. Then pick up bottle with a handle that has the same amount of weight in water inside it, and start swinging them around to hit things or to block things. You will see what I'm getting at.

Giving Axe to Tanks and Fist Weapons to Shaman was just ludicrous, fast axes and slow fist weapons have far more to do with gear allocation across numerous classes with differing needs that it has anything to do with what makes sense in reality based combat or a lore perspective.

But none of that really matters at this point, Blizzard is unlikely to change it at this stage.

they´ll never give shamans and druids more spellpüowerfists cus locks and mages and paladins will qq bigtime about them not being swords ( or simply us getting loot they cant wear ).
    Quote Originally Posted by Angoth
    I'm sorry that Blizzard won't just gift wrap awesome in a cup and let you drink your fill.

As linked to lore as it may be, truth is lore can change/evolve (as demonstrated by the new classes that will be available for each race).
    I believe the only reason these restrictions remain nowadays, is to ensure a certain item only has a limited queue of interested people in it, which in term is a remnant from a time where raids were composed of 40 ppl from which at least 20 were casters.

Following the ideology of "how hard is it for a shaman to hold a slightly bigger dagger?", I would have to reply with "how hard is it for a mage/warlock to hold a mace?(which even a priest can do)".
    Soon we'd have all classes with the "hunterloot my loot lolz" syndrome.