Thread: 3.3 unholy spec

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst

Re: 3.3 unholy spec

it seems to me though, that on a deathknight with less than perfect ArP, necrosis would be better since its shadow damage and this ignores armor all together. the only situation where this wouldnt be benificial is on fights against mobs resistant to shadow damage.

i think the elitistjerk posters are still underestimating necrosis.

Quote Originally Posted by psychobrainzkk
    it seems to me though, that on a deathknight with less than perfect ArP, necrosis would be better since its shadow damage and this ignores armor all together. the only situation where this wouldnt be benificial is on fights against mobs resistant to shadow damage.

i think the elitistjerk posters are still underestimating necrosis.
    I agree with you. Necrosis does feel good for some reason and it also works with ArP (well, white damage gets higher -> necrosis gets higher)

About the shadow mobs, I think those won't be in the game. Blizz kinda quit the idea of making mobs/bosses immume to a certain school of magic because so many players feel left out on it.
    Remember TBC, fire mages were the shit in kara/ssc, and they were completely shit on A'lar, forcing expensive respecs all the time (because after A'lar you would want to be fire again for the other bosses) or just being left out from the raid because of that. Also, making shadow immume (or high resitant) would kinda lock out warlocks and shadowpriests completely, especially shadowpriests and affli locks.

Quote Originally Posted by Exclusive
    I agree with you. Necrosis does feel good for some reason and it also works with ArP (well, white damage gets higher -> necrosis gets higher)

About the shadow mobs, I think those won't be in the game. Blizz kinda quit the idea of making mobs/bosses immume to a certain school of magic because so many players feel left out on it.
    Remember TBC, fire mages were the shit in kara/ssc, and they were completely shit on A'lar, forcing expensive respecs all the time (because after A'lar you would want to be fire again for the other bosses) or just being left out from the raid because of that. Also, making shadow immume (or high resitant) would kinda lock out warlocks and shadowpriests completely, especially shadowpriests and affli locks.
    Lady deathwhisper has adds that have some nasty buffs, the caster adds gain a large amount of magic damage reduction and melee adds gain a large amount of physical damage reduction. This can largely be worked around by having casters on the melee and melee on the casters, but not completely. The buffs aren't up all of the time, but you might as well not even bother dpsing them as unholy when they are they are. Rets, enh shamans and to a lesser extent hunters and rogues have similar issues there.

is there a chance that 3/10/58 could make a comeback ?
    http://talent.mmo-champion.com/?deat...drML,pFH,10952

i always loved that spec and without critting diseases from t9 i wonder if it might be better or atleast on par with the cookie cutter spec again.

u loose 5% crit and the bladed armor ap but gain 10 it dmg, 10% shadow&ice dmg and can skill 3/3 morbidity and 3/5 necrosis.

could somebody sim that with ilvl 264 / 4/5 t10 gear ?