inspect blood tank build

Okay my guild has finaly decided to start some raid progression in doing so i have switched from DPS to tank i will be an OT with our MT being a Prot Pally. What i want to know is How is my spec? i know the gear is not to good.

currently
    20.36 dodge
    15.53 parry
    540 def
    31261 hp in frost

here is a link to my armory
    http://www.wowarmory.com/character-s...ta&gn=Lonestar

what can i improve

Re: inspect blood tank build

By raid progression are you talking about? Naxx? You really aren't geared for much of anything else. Your spec is ok. As a personal choice I chose Blood Tap over MoB. Although generally I try to find some way to take virulence and morbidity.

Your avoidance is really really low and honestly it kind of worries me. You are going to get hit, and you are going to get hit quite often.

- Sigil and rings can be upgraded from badge gear.

- You can run some heroics for a couple days and the two t8.5 pieces from that, and hope you get lucky with VoA drops for the other two.

- If you have the money, mats, badges, you can get the t9 crafted gear such as the bracer/chest/boots and what not.

- Argent Crusade Helm enchant.

- 22 Def or 250 Health for Chest enchant.

Mmm, that's all I can see over a quick look before lunch. Whatever I missed I'm sure someone will come soon and help.

"Clearly every aspect of one's life, from financial stability to social popularity, to sexual prowess can be boiled down to 4 numbers: One's Arena rating" ~ Xandamere

points from imp BP and MoB to morbidity

yes we are starting Nax..

then it's really not progression , if anyone can down it, and i'm pretty sure you must be ready to take down naxx 10...

Take the point out of Rune Tap and put it into Morbidity. The reduced cooldown on D&D is much more useful than a weak self-heal that drains an important rune.

Take 1 point out of Rune tap, healers are ment to heal you . move that point to make morbidity 3/3
    Take 3 points out of Will of the Necropolis and put them into Ravenous dead 3/3

Replace horn of winter glyph, with the one that makes your ghoul cost no regnent. Death pact can save your ass.

Quote Originally Posted by Oragan
    Take 1 point out of Rune tap, healers are ment to heal you . move that point to make morbidity 3/3
    Take 3 points out of Will of the Necropolis and put them into Ravenous dead 3/3

Replace horn of winter glyph, with the one that makes your ghoul cost no regnent. Death pact can save your ass.
    Will of the Necropolis is the best mitigation talent in the blood tree. Do NOT drop it, no matter how weak it is compared to Ardent Defender, it will save your ass at some point.

- Lose the 3/3 points in Improved Icy Touch (just better places that these points need to go for threat)
    - Lose the point in Rune Tap (silly talent to have, heals for too little and DKs have plenty of other CDs to manage)
    - Lose 1 point in Subversion (better to put the point in Necrosis)

Ultimately doing this and distributing these points into your Unholy tree should get your talent build to something like this: http://www.wowhead.com/?talent#jMEGV...xZ0gh0L:GdiVmM.

I have also posted up a fairly extensive guide on Blood Death Knight Tanking if you are interested in learning more. http://forums.worldofdeathknightcraf...c.php?f=7&t=12

WorldofDeathKnightCraft.com
    world of warcraft coverage for death knights and more...

Quote Originally Posted by eint
    - Lose the 3/3 points in Improved Icy Touch (just better places that these points need to go for threat)
    *sigh*

IIT is a core mitigation talent. If you don't have it, you need to respec. End of story, the 6% slow adds up over a long fight and is especially nice when tanking adds (a DK's weak spot).

Agreed about Rune Tap.

I think that the 3% crit on Heart Strike is better than a tiny bit of shadow damage, but to each his own.

Quote Originally Posted by Harmacy
    *sigh*

IIT is a core mitigation talent. If you don't have it, you need to respec. End of story, the 6% slow adds up over a long fight and is especially nice when tanking adds (a DK's weak spot).

Agreed about Rune Tap.

I think that the 3% crit on Heart Strike is better than a tiny bit of shadow damage, but to each his own.
    Since when has tanking adds been a weak spot for DKs? Furthermore, as a tank IIT is not a direct mitigation ability and can easily be brought my other classes like Shaman and Frost DPS DK.

Quote Originally Posted by eint
    Since when has tanking adds been a weak spot for DKs? Furthermore, as a tank IIT is not a direct mitigation ability and can easily be brought my other classes like Shaman and Frost DPS DK.
    Because we don't have a block mechanism, tanking adds is much more painful for us than any other tank.

Improved Icy Touch (not to be confused with Improved Icy Talons) slows incoming physical damage by 6%. I don't see how this is a bad thing... and you don't want to rely on other classes for debuffs you can easily put up yourself. Just spec into it, don't be a bad.

(and how do shamans reduce attack speed, pray tell)

Imp Icy touch is usually the first on the chopping block if you're looking to put more points elsewhere. Don't get me wrong, its a great talent, but depending on your gear/playstyle blood's oh shit buttons are also very nice. (10-12k heal every 30 seconds with Rune Tap is nothing to sneaze at.)

Blood is probably the weakest out of the 3 specs in terms of add tanking, so its really a tossup on what you need to do. If you're going to be MTing and have a warrior in the raid, they can keep up TC in favor of keeping Rune Tap.

http://www.wowhead.com/?talent#jMEGV...xZ0gh0o:GdiVmM

This was my build when I did Naxx, I've had to change it up slightly for ToGC25 to include Spell Deflection (very useful on Dreadscale tanking) and I dropped Scent of Blood for Spell Deflection.

You'll have plenty of threat, I recommend taking the Improved Icy Touch to bump your debuff up to 20%. I find that it's best if you provide your own and not rely on others as sometimes you are on your own target, especially as an OT, with no one else on it for a bit. Necrosis is point for point better threat than Subversion, however, you have to put a few points into Subversion in order to move farther into the blood tree. If you are a MT and have someone else to reliably slow the target, then you could move points from Imp Icy Touch to Necrosis, which would increase your threat.

Quote Originally Posted by Harmacy
    Because we don't have a block mechanism, tanking adds is much more painful for us than any other tank.

Improved Icy Touch (not to be confused with Improved Icy Talons) slows incoming physical damage by 6%. I don't see how this is a bad thing... and you don't want to rely on other classes for debuffs you can easily put up yourself. Just spec into it, don't be a bad.

(and how do shamans reduce attack speed, pray tell)
    First off, I have MT'd all current content including multiple bosses into TotGC25 and haven't had any issues at all with the build I posted and I never take IIT.

Secondly, the idea of taking Improved Rune Tap is laughable because as a tank you should almost always have heals incoming. Any situation where you would have died without Rune Tap speaks volumes about your healers and is a healing problem. Not a tanking problem.

Finally, in regards to the question regarding shaman. Please see this enhancement shaman talent that should be taken as an overall raid improvement and is crazy good for only 2 talent points. http://www.wowhead.com/?spell=51524