Page 1 of 3
LastLast

Molten Core in Cata

Ive heard players saying that Molten Core will be gone in Cataclysm... Has anyone heard of this, and can they provide any blue posts discussing this? I'm currently trying to get the legendaries from that instance, and it would suck if they got rid of my chance to get them.

Re: Molten Core in Cata

Dunno if MC will be gone in Cataclysm, but i know that Ragnaros will be back, in his homeland, called Firelands.. i suppose if Ragna wont be in MC.. maybe another final boss or.. bye bye? :-X
    Wow is not a game.. is a world !

Technically he will be at the world tree.

The whole of Eastern Kingdoms and Kalimdor is being changed almost everything which is now there won't be there except Deadmines and SFK so far. MC gone, BWL gone, ZG gone etc.

Quote Originally Posted by Yakisoba
    The whole of Eastern Kingdoms and Kalimdor is being changed almost everything which is now there won't be there except Deadmines and SFK so far. MC gone, BWL gone, ZG gone etc.
    well do you have a blue post confirming this, or is from word of mouth?

i think people are inferring from a couple announcements
    1. Rag will be a boss in the firelands raid
    2. Blackrock mountain will be largely destroyed by deathwing bursting through

However this does not mean MC will be inaccessible or Rag will disappear from MC

I have not read anywhere that they are removing instances(that they are not retuning for 80-85) please provide a link if you think otherwise

Bosses being in two places "at once" is nothing new
    /MC was merely a set back

wrong, BWL and MC are not being removed, but yes, ragnaros will be a boss in a new dungeon in cataclysm, and they are adding an extra dungeon to BRM, which you will access by flying on top of BRM and entering from the balcony that you foguth nefarian on in vanilla wow

In the upcoming expansion, World of Warcraft: Cataclysm, two new dungeons will be added for level 85 players, Blackrock Caverns: 5-man & Blackwing Descent: 10/25-man Raid. Blackwing Descent will be inspired by Blackwing Lair, and will feature Nefarian as a boss.

http://www.wowwiki.com/Blackrock_Mountain

Over view

http://www.wow.com/2009/11/05/roadma...one-overhauls/
    | Lenovo Legion5 17ACH6H | i7 8700K @ 4.7 GhZ| ASUS Rog Strix Z370-F GAMING | 32 GB Kingston Fury Beast DDR4 3600MHz | 2 x Acer 27" Predator XB271HU | Fractal Design Meshify C | Master MasterLiquid ML360R WaterCooling | Samsung 850 Evo 250GB | Samsung 860 Evo 1TB | Samsung 980 PRO M.2 1Tb | Asus RTX 2070 | EVGA 650W GQ | Steelseries Rival | Logitech G815 | Playstation 5 | Xbox Series X | Nintendo Switch

well guys thank you for the replies, i'll be continuing to look around and see if its alright to keep farmin for my legendaries. If anyone finds anything else, please post it here

MC isn't going anywhere and by and large neither are any of the other instances. Their loot is getting reworked to be better for levelling characters and deadmines will be available in heroic etc.

As for ragnaros, we are going to be able to visit him on his home in the plane of fire, accessed through mount hyjal. His incarnation in molten core won't be going away. Similar to anub'arak or kael being in two places at once.
    Volte 80 Frost DK--Cycloneduke 80 Holy Pally--Moardotz 80 Desto Warlock-- Dexterworgan 80 Assassination Rogue----Liadon 80 Feral Druid--Mumbles 70 Frost Mage--Bibleblack 70 Disc Priest--Dylli 70 DM Hunter--Krosa 70 Fury Warrior -- Slapntickle 70 Prot Warrior -- Okoi 80 Enha Shaman + 4 slave shamans multiboxed to 70 - Darksorrow EU PvP

10+ Year Old Account

if you guys saw Blizzcon, it said that when cata comes out Ragnaros will be located in Elemetal plane of fire in hyjal summit, and there wont be molten core anymore, they are adding a new instance inside BWL, and they are reworking all of SFK and DM

so yeh, say bye-bye legendery =(

Quote Originally Posted by Mad_Murdock View Post
    Dictonary, get one!
    Irony at its best ^^^

Quote Originally Posted by loveshack
    if you guys saw Blizzcon, it said that when cata comes out Ragnaros will be located in Elemetal plane of fire in hyjal summit, and there wont be molten core anymore, they are adding a new instance inside BWL, and they are reworking all of SFK and DM

so yeh, say bye-bye legendery =(
    none of that means MC or the original Rag are being removed

Yes Rag will be appearing as a new boss in the plane of fire - this doesn't mean MC is being removed. Unlike Onyxia, where the instance was re-made, same location, same mechanics, which replaced old Onyxia, this is not what is happening with Rag.

Rag will be in a new raid, in a new location, different mechanics etc. What you are saying is like saying since Anub'arak is in TotC, the Azjol'nerub instance is being removed / or like you're saying since Kael'thas was added to Magister's heroic, that the Tempest Keep raid was removed.

Blizzard have not said that in the Cataclysm they were removing or changing dungeons.
    Volte 80 Frost DK--Cycloneduke 80 Holy Pally--Moardotz 80 Desto Warlock-- Dexterworgan 80 Assassination Rogue----Liadon 80 Feral Druid--Mumbles 70 Frost Mage--Bibleblack 70 Disc Priest--Dylli 70 DM Hunter--Krosa 70 Fury Warrior -- Slapntickle 70 Prot Warrior -- Okoi 80 Enha Shaman + 4 slave shamans multiboxed to 70 - Darksorrow EU PvP

10+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Cyclone Duke
    Yes Rag will be appearing as a new boss in the plane of fire - this doesn't mean MC is being removed. Unlike Onyxia, where the instance was re-made, same location, same mechanics, which replaced old Onyxia, this is not what is happening with Rag.

Rag will be in a new raid, in a new location, different mechanics etc. What you are saying is like saying since Anub'arak is in TotC, the Azjol'nerub instance is being removed / or like you're saying since Kael'thas was added to Magister's heroic, that the Tempest Keep raid was removed.

Blizzard have not said that in the Cataclysm they were removing or changing dungeons.
    oh i appoligize then for the false info so gl with getting your l33t l3g3nd3ri3z

Quote Originally Posted by Mad_Murdock View Post
    Dictonary, get one!
    Irony at its best ^^^

Onyxia was re-made for 1 purpose, and thats for World of Warcraft 5-year anniversary nothing else.

Now we talking about Cataclysm and the change wich every change have a lore behind.
    | Lenovo Legion5 17ACH6H | i7 8700K @ 4.7 GhZ| ASUS Rog Strix Z370-F GAMING | 32 GB Kingston Fury Beast DDR4 3600MHz | 2 x Acer 27" Predator XB271HU | Fractal Design Meshify C | Master MasterLiquid ML360R WaterCooling | Samsung 850 Evo 250GB | Samsung 860 Evo 1TB | Samsung 980 PRO M.2 1Tb | Asus RTX 2070 | EVGA 650W GQ | Steelseries Rival | Logitech G815 | Playstation 5 | Xbox Series X | Nintendo Switch

I know this thread has been answered by almost every post, but I wanted to add my two cents:

It was stated at Blizzcon that Blackrock Mountain will erupt and that there will be a new dungeon in it. They never discussed anything from it being removed, but since it is going to erupt, we can expect some changes to it.

Regarding Ragnaros being removed, I highly doubt it unless they decide to seal off portions of Blackrock Mountain to fit the story. I say this a lot, but WoW is like a story book (I got this from a blue post some while ago): You can flip back the pages and experience things from the game's past. This excuse is used to justify being able to see things in the old world that shouldn't be there when you're progressing through Northrend 3 years after it happened. It also explains why you can fight Kael'thas and Anub'arak in two places.

Since Cataclysm is changing the old world forever, it may be possible that the only "Storybook" elements left are going to be Outlands and Northrend, but unless they want to scrap a lot of fan favorites from Vanilla WoW, they'll be sure to keep a lot of it, including Molten Core.

This also raises the very same question, but with Ahn'Qiraj. Since a lot of stuff has happened there in the outside lore with Medan, Cho'gall, and C'thun, will it be replaced, destroyed, or kept the same? There's probably a lot of content that deals with the same question. Now, however all we can do is speculate.
    A day is one rotation of the Earth around its axis. God created the universe in 6 days. Before he created the Earth, how did he know how long a day was?

10+ Year Old Account

Nice info that you pulled out of your ass...

Full of shit troll is full of shit...

Quote Originally Posted by loveshack
    oh i appoligize then for the false info so gl with getting your l33t l3g3nd3ri3z
    wtf are you on about, I haven't mentioned a thing about legendaries. People are talking like Blizzard have announced plans to replace isntances and I'm explaining they haven't.

If I remember correctly, Blizzard confirmed that Blackwing Descent's entrance will be in Nefarian's throne room, which is now exposed due to the eruption of Blackrock Mountain in Cataclysm, and that players will be able to fly directly to Nefarian's throne from BWL.

If BWL is going to be left alone, you'll have Nefarian's throne with a complete roof where Nefarian dies and you loot his head, and you'll have Nefarian's throne where he's retreated and it's completely exposed due to the eruption.

I'm not sure Blizzard would leave the contradiction in the game just for the sake of leaving a level 60 raid in the game. They've already removed part of Tier 2, and Blackwing Descent will be "inspired" by BWL and will probably feature much of BWL as it is now, except you're descending. I'd consider it unlikely that BWL stays in the game.

And if they're removing BWL, there wouldn't really be a point in leaving in MC as it is.

10+ Year Old Account

wtf are you on about, I haven't mentioned a thing about legendaries. People are talking like Blizzard have announced plans to replace isntances and I'm explaining they haven't.
    Read the first post maybeh? =P