Stuck at the "wall"

Ok, so im having problems with my dps as of late, as it seems im losing some slightly, and im debating whether to go to MM as i dont have either arp trinkets (i could get one, but im leaning towards GT as i could be below hit rating for switching it out with pyrite infuser so basically......HELP! what do i need to boost my dps?
    Here is my armory
    http://www.wowarmory.com/character-s...=Vel%C3%B8city

10+ Year Old Account

Re: Stuck at the "wall"

main question would be how lacking is ur dps, ur gear seems pretty good/well gemmed and enchanted. ur spec seems pretty on topic. all in all u should be in pretty decent shape.
    Quote Originally Posted by Larry_David
    "from injustise comes justise"

-huangzhong9

There'll be an ArP Trinket in the ICC 5man that you can get a hold of, its a buffed version of mjolnir's So it should do you good.

You could wait till then, or go MM if you'd prefer it.

I'm also not too sure what your "wall" is.

You are a split between 219's and 245's and those relentless pants can be upgraded with pve gear, so, your wall may be a wall just due to gear, depending on the numbers.

10+ Year Old Account

well in current gear u don't have the ArP for MM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Larry_David
    "from injustise comes justise"

-huangzhong9

15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Kairu
    There'll be an ArP Trinket in the ICC 5man that you can get a hold of, its a buffed version of mjolnir's So it should do you good.

You could wait till then, or go MM if you'd prefer it.
    That trinket from the new 5 man is worse than mjolnir's, even though it was already buffed once.
    mjolnir's has a 15% proc on hit vs. a 10% proc on crit on the new trinket.

Even with the passive crit on the new trinket it is a dps loss.

Taken, if you have neither, than take whatever you can get. But, if you get mjolnir's, hold on to it.

Going over the armory I noticed you have PvP pants on, trade them out for anything else if you can. Wasted stats. If you have to keep those pants, please switch the gems around so that you are using the nightmare tear correctly. You will get the socket bonus on your pants, plus it will activate the meta gem.

Looking over talents, I would take one point out of Expose Weakness, and put it in Go for the Throat. When your crit gets around 45% unbuffed you are safe to drop Expose weakness down to 1 point, and put it in Focused Fire.
    Quote Originally Posted by GrinnersGrin View Post
    If Tinkers aren't the next class in WoW I'll shit in my hands and clap then eat my shoe.

You have 420 Arp which is wasted on SV, Yet you dont have quite enough to use Arcaneless MM.

As stated your pants have to go. Finish your chanting, chest and cloak.
    I would say that the Embem of Conquest pants are better than relentless.
    You could almost replace Pyrite Infuser doing that as well.

Your pet is specced wrong. http://www.wowhead.com/?petcalc#0Md00sc00hooo is alot better

Those professions need to be leveled. Mainly your JC, alot of wasted Agility there.

2/3 Exposed Weakness. once you are over 30% crit you only need 2. Once over 45% you only need 1.
    Put it in Go For The Throat. Pet DPS is your DPS as well.

wow thanks alot guys for all your help, yea i forgot about my pants O.o but i shall work on all of these things, thank you so much.

15+ Year Old Account

No problem, glad to help.
    Quote Originally Posted by GrinnersGrin View Post
    If Tinkers aren't the next class in WoW I'll shit in my hands and clap then eat my shoe.

Ya I am currently having the same problem as the OP. At one time I tried switching to MM but I haven't had the luck of getting GT or Mjolnir's so it didn't turn into an overall DPS increase for me. In my current gear/spec I am pulling about 4k~ on the target dummy, 5k in 10 mans, and 7k in 25 mans which seems pretty consistent with how the buffs should be scaling my DPS. I have been trying in vain since Ulduar released to get Pyrite Infuser at the very least so I know I can get a decent buff switching to that. I have also attempted to use the Triumph Emblem trinket with hit/AP on use but I don't know if it was just in my head or what but it seemed like I took a 200-300 dps cut using that instead of the Mirror. Aside from the obvious Cloak and Ring upgrades anything else that you could suggest?

http://www.wowarmory.com/character-s...ane&n=Ketricel

Quote Originally Posted by huangzhong9
    well in current gear u don't have the ArP for MM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Vaporizer
    Yet you dont have quite enough to use Arcaneless MM.
    God damnit, how does this bullshit persist?

You do not need any specific value of Armor Penetration to go Marks, nor a certain level to drop Arcane Shot. I wouldn't go MM without a 232+ ranged weapon, and the efficacy of Steady versus Arcane depends on ArPen, Crit, topend weapon damage, AND your raid buffs/debuffs, so there is no hard answer for that minus what the spreadsheet advises you.

Quote Originally Posted by Ketricel
    I have been trying in vain since Ulduar released to get Pyrite Infuser at the very least so I know I can get a decent buff switching to that.
    How do you figure? You are hit-capped WITHOUT Pyrite, and its on-use is less AP averaged over the length of a boss fight than Mirror. Pyrite would be a strict downgrade for you.
    Signature removed. Please read our guidelines. Venara

Quote Originally Posted by Rilgon

You do not need any specific value of Armor Penetration to go Marks, nor a certain level to drop Arcane Shot. I wouldn't go MM without a 232+ ranged weapon, and the efficacy of Steady versus Arcane depends on ArPen, Crit, topend weapon damage, AND your raid buffs/debuffs, so there is no hard answer for that minus what the spreadsheet advises you.
    How do you figure? You are hit-capped WITHOUT Pyrite, and its on-use is less AP averaged over the length of a boss fight than Mirror. Pyrite would be a strict downgrade for you.
    The icon looks pretty cool though bro. It really does.

I don't know but it's about the 5th thread I have seen today that said something about a required amount of ArP to go MM. I can only commend your patience for trying to correct all of them.

Quote Originally Posted by Bairne
    I don't know but it's about the 5th thread I have seen today that said something about a required amount of ArP to go MM. I can only commend your patience for trying to correct all of them.
    I think it is from generalized statements about gearlevels. If you have good enough gear to have X ArP, you'll likely have a certain crit rate, a certain ranged weapon, trinkets, etc.

I dunno though. The one hunter in my guild went MM and did a little less dps than he had in SV, so he switched back. Two weeks later, he got another ArP piece, went MM and did more dps than SV so he stayed MM from there on.

I myself run about 55% passive ArP and 44% Grim Toll proc at the moment. Gotta find time/guildies to go back to farming Thorim 10 hard. On the plus side, I think I'm next for heroic Death's Choice. Considering holding out for Deathbringer's Will in ICC though.
    Snarky: Adjective - Any language that contains quips or comments containing sarcastic or satirical witticisms intended as blunt irony. Usually delivered in a manner that is somewhat abrupt and out of context and intended to stun and amuse.

I would be VERY wary of Deathbringer's Will. Until we see it in action, the possibility of the ICD being wasted on a joke of a proc like +600 Haste terrifies me.

TL;DR @ this topic, sry guys
    Your survival now correct? A great way of checking how well your doing is by measuring the dmg from your auto attack. The less percentage of your total dmg is done by auto shot, the better.
    If you are doing good, you should be around 24%.
    You cannot bandage a bleeding target...
    Quote Originally Posted by Dinnerbone
    This gets my vote for thread of the month.
    If WoW was "just" a game, you wouldn't be in this forum.

To actually address the issue at hand (as I would be amiss in my personal duty if I didn't), you would gain 98 DPS right now by going MM, even if you changed absolutely nothing about your gear. By adjusting your gems to be proper, replacing your Pyrite Infuser with Banner of Victory, and using Focused Aim to cover the gap, I show another 160 DPS gain.

The question then becomes - do you wish to learn MM properly and regem to support it? MM is not as cut and dry as Survival where every gem socket is a Delicate Cardinal Ruby waiting to happen (and what the HELL is with that Puissant Dreadstone?) - you need to analyze socket bonuses, especially those that involve yellow sockets. An easy rule of thumb is that one yellow socket takes about 3 Agi in the socket bonus to be worth using a Deadly Ametrine. Most of your socket bonuses that require yellows do.

Should you wish to give MM a whirl, the talent/glyph set you will want to use can be found here. This build does assume that you will trade Pyrite for Banner of Victory.

I would be VERY wary of Deathbringer's Will. Until we see it in action, the possibility of the ICD being wasted on a joke of a proc like +600 Haste terrifies me.
    Yeah. 600 Strength is even worse. I figure they'll have to use something like they did for DMC:G where it chooses the proc based on the highest stat, but then again I'm not sure how that would work for AP/ArP/Haste.

I don't think they are good enough at coding to implement a drop down to choose which form to use either. I dunno. I have another week or so before I'd have to make the decision (and after that depends on RNG of it dropping). My guild can't kill Anub 25 heroic, but at least we have gotten a few trinkets. (Every single one of our tanks, OTs and offspec tanks have the heroic tanking trinket /facepalm).
    Snarky: Adjective - Any language that contains quips or comments containing sarcastic or satirical witticisms intended as blunt irony. Usually delivered in a manner that is somewhat abrupt and out of context and intended to stun and amuse.

Well, to be fair, DMC:Madness worked pretty well. It had a larger list of potential procs than Deathbringer's Will, but they were split by class.

That said, if it does work like DMC:M, I hope the ONLY procs allocated to Hunters are the Agi, Crit, and ArPen ones.

And yeah, we have the same thing going on in my guild - a Heroic Satrina's went to someone for their PVP set because every tank we have has both normal and heroic.

Meanwhile, we've gotten all of two normal Verdicts and one Heroic, all of which were claimed by members of our closed 10-man clique. Hooray.

Well, to be fair, DMC:Madness worked pretty well. It had a larger list of potential procs than Deathbringer's Will, but they were split by class.

That said, if it does work like DMC:M, I hope the ONLY procs allocated to Hunters are the Agi, Crit, and ArPen ones.

And yeah, we have the same thing going on in my guild - a Heroic Satrina's went to someone for their PVP set because every tank we have has both normal and heroic.

Meanwhile, we've gotten all of two normal Verdicts and one Heroic, all of which were claimed by members of our closed 10-man clique. Hooray.
    3 heroics 2 normal IIRC in mine. One heroic one xfered/quit. One normal was from a pug, so our feral druid has one of each.