Quick suggestion for Ele shamans

Was just thinking of an idea that I would like to share for Elemental shamans.

Remove the cooldown off chain lightning and make it single target, allow it to dip into all the talents that LB does so it scales around the same and now you have a Higher DPS but higher mana option to make your rotation and gearing more dynamic.

And to compensate for the loss of bouncing CL and lack of instant cast,

New spell -> Fork Lightning. Instant cast, hits 3 enemies for X dmg. 6 second CD.

Quote Originally Posted by Zillionhz View Post
    By fiber be purged

Re: Quick suggestion for Ele shamans

where is the CHAIN part of chain lightning if its gonna be single target?

Yeah because the name of the spell is real problem for ele shamans rite?

The animation still shows a chain of lightning to a single target as opposed to a bolt........
    By fiber be purged

High Overlord
    15+ Year Old Account

im sick of these post, chain lightning is fine leave it alone, and im sick of hearing about fork lightning, how about something more interesting and spammable, im thinkin more of an ability similar to bone spear from the necros in diablo 2, where it only shoots straight forward but hits everthing in its path. But im not here to throw out ideas, im just sick of fork lightning, cone dmg is whack.
    naruto, bleach,one piece, toriko, beelezebub, jojos bizarre adventure, uzumaki , shingeki no kyojin, historys strongest disciple, katekyo hitman reborn, the breaker, veritas, gantz, dgrayman, claymore, fairy tail, kekkaishi, cage of eden, magi, hajime no ippo, kuroko no basuke, gamaran, eyeshield, hunter x hunter, noblesse, defense devil, blue exorcist, deadman wonderland, hungry joker, fist of the blue sky, terraformars, psyren, tough, soul eater, saint seiya

Make totem of wrath a buff that all fire totems give not a separate totem, scale the buff with gear, scale the totem with haste and we're fine. The casting part of it is fine as it is. Though it would be nice if we had a dot effect hex to make us a little more serviceable on fights with alot of movement. The dot from LB crits from the old tier set should be a base ability while we're at it.

Quote Originally Posted by Yalingo
    Was just thinking of an idea that I would like to share for Elemental shamans.

Remove the cooldown off chain lightning and make it single target, allow it to dip into all the talents that LB does so it scales around the same and now you have a Higher DPS but higher mana option to make your rotation and gearing more dynamic.

And to compensate for the loss of bouncing CL and lack of instant cast,

New spell -> Fork Lightning. Instant cast, hits enemies in a frontal cone for X dmg. 6 second CD.

So basically you want to re-introduce the crap we had to deal with in TBC with determining when mana would and would not allow chain lightning to be used in a stationary single target dps situation. I'll pass, thanks.
    Actually, Mr. Lennon, I CAN imagine a world with no hatred, religion, war, or violence.
    I can also imagine attacking such a world, because they would never see it coming.

http://mhkeehn.tripod.com/trashcan.jpg
    http://politicalhumor.about.com/libr...s/carville.jpe

For once, Carville was a man ahead of his time.

better than ending every fight on full mana and no way of choosing to use a rotation with higher dps lower sustainability ? and possibly making the abundance of mp5 on mail gear a more attractive stat to indirectly increase dps via this rotation (same as Arcane mages using the badge INT trinket)
    By fiber be purged

No, leave it as it is.

I agree some totem of wrath change would be nice since locks are scaling it out.

If you are full on mana when the boss is dead, youre doing it wrong. get 1.2k haste, use CL every time its up, then think again.

http://eu.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Doomhammer&n=Numara