Thread: HL or Fol???

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst

Re: HL or Fol???

Quote Originally Posted by EverDash
    This.
    I just spent an hour reading the whole blog, I really like it.

Give me some insights and Love the writings

I just hit 80 with my pally 7 days ago and am working on getting my gear up. From reading the http://ferarro.blogspot.com/2009/11/...oly-light.html thread it looks like I am following the HL spec pretty close. Anyways the problem that I am having is that when I am running Reg ToC and any H I get pretty close to letting someone in the dps die or the tank die bc my haste is way way way way to low. I am gemming and chanting for int tho being that I kept seeming to run out of mana during the fight so my ? is what do i need to run or get crafted or purchase excluding arena gear ( bc i am HORRIBLE at arena's) to get my gear up?

Here is my armory http://www.wowarmory.com/character-s...alyon&n=Ashler

and ty so much for all the information in this post it has made it much much easier to heal as a new 80 healer.

Quote Originally Posted by fortytwo
    Anyways the problem that I am having is that when I am running Reg ToC and any H I get pretty close to letting someone in the dps die or the tank die bc my haste is way way way way to low.
    If you're keeping JotP up and casting primarily HL then even in blues your HL cast time is down at about 1.6-1.7 secs, which is decent. If a tank dies because you couldn't deliver 10k hp in less than 1.7 secs in a regular heroic then something very bad is going on.

Either you are failing in some fundamental way or your tanks are.

ToC things can go wrong for a variety of other reasons, but if you're losing people in regular heroics then you have a problem and it's not haste. Most likely you're healing too reactively and not proactively.

Some one posted stats for me when i asked this question, something like *Anub'Arak hits for ~23k a average Flash of Light heals for ~8k, and an average Holy Light heals for ~15k* Holy Light is defintly better in Hard modes, even in Easy Mode ToC i noticed a huge difference in my healing (an average of ~2k hps to ~4k hps) with Flash of Light spam you will hardly ever go OOM (Divine Plea and all CD's help Mana Regen) but if you use Holy Light you probly won't need to spam. Either way i've found that using Holy Light is safer for the raid, in the sense that there's less chance of a wipe, and flash of light is good for topping people up, for example Anub 10 man easy mode Holy Light on tank and Flash of Light / Holy Shock on dps.
    Bear in mind I am talking about easy mode ToC as our guild hasn't started HToC yet (got one planned)
    But either way i've found that HL>FoL, you just need to be geared for it, I have ~23k mana self buffed and yet i still find if the moment gets tense that i'll start going OOM but using all CD's (including my BE racial) can put me back to about 30% whilst still having full heals, and of course Mana potions if needed.
    The Rules of the Internet:
    If some one uses an item or geninue skill to beat you, they're a noob.
    If you use the same item and beat them, your're pro
    If they create a fair fight of 1v1 all same weps/skills ect and they win, they hacked
    If they have better skill aquired items, they have no life
    If they rage at you, they are 12
    If they troll you, they are homosexual
    If they write something usefull and interesting, doesn't matter TLR

Quote Originally Posted by Asur
    This.