Blademaster
    10+ Year Old Account

Critical Strike Rating and Totw Fire build

Ok i am at a cross roads of sorts. I currently have 2 pieces of tier 8.5 and 9. I have been adding additional hit rating to make the 419 needed to be hit capped for the build. ( if i am wrong please correct me ). I normally wouldn't worry so much about this but i cannot always rely on having a moonkin - shadow priest active in our raid. i am about 30 hit rating away to make cap.

What i need to know is how dependent is the build on critical strike rating and how much do i need? The reason why i ask is that i have enough badges to buy a 3rd piece of tier 9. what i currently own is the tier 8.5 chest and legs .. shoulders and gloves are tier 9. i can make up the hit rating if i purchase the tier 9 chest but i loose a chunk of critical strike rating if i do so.

From my prior experience fire has always been critical strike dependent as i have never used the totw fire build i would be grateful for any insight into this build.
    Alas, how terrible is wisdom when it brings no profit to the wise.

Sophocles.

Re: Critical Strike Rating and Totw Fire build

Haste is actually superior for this spec. I would still try to keep my crit around 30-35% self buffed or so, but you want as much haste as you can get.

Re: Critical Strike Rating and Totw Fire build

Quote Originally Posted by sledgehartattack
    Haste is actually superior for this spec. I would still try to keep my crit around 30-35% self buffed or so, but you want as much haste as you can get.
    The two are actually very close and which is better can change as you swap out gear. In general, as you get more crit haste will lose value due to more hot streak procs. Due to this, higher gear levels tend to favor crit slightly.

Also, the ttw/fire hitcap is 368 with a spriest, 446 without.