Burnished Quel'Serrar

What's the general feeling among the protection warrior community on http://www.wowhead.com/?item=49495

Personally i would normally prefer constant stats on a weapon but that proc looks to good to ignore. I've seen some say it's the BiS while others wouldn't even give it a second look.

Re: Burnished Quel'Serrar

i once passed it since i believed it was to good to be true i was wrong results over at tankspot and EJ gives an uptime of the proc of about 70-80% which means it makes it the BiS mitigation weapon currently for all tanking classes.

I use it as a paladin. Its awesome.
    Warriors have more melee attacks = more awesome
    Armor = awesomest stat in game
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment

Artefacts:
    • In ordner to better fit the current post-truth zeitgeist, we are going to rename alle occurences of "artefact" into "artebelieve".

I won it once by rolling 13 \o/. But then later sold it for 7k to the warrior who rolled 5

Its pretty awesome weapons and in combination with 2xT8 and 2xT9 warrior armor; your devastates are quite impressive then.
    I prefer my Last Laugh though, I found myself rage-starving like 90% of the times in heroics farming with the Quel'Serrar.

I absolutely love mine, it could be a bit faster...I can't dump rage fast enough in raids.
    When you shoop da whoop, you feel powerful and don't want to lose it, and then a guy in plate armor comes and turns your woop against the shoop, hence, making you got laz0red.

Guild No Quarter - www.nqguild.org

Thanks guys. Thought it was a keeper and now i just know it!

Curious, what enchant did you guys throw on yours?

Its an offspec for me, and with my gear I'm under the hit cap...so I threw on a weapon chain cause I'm cheap and I need the hit.

I would guess that Blade Ward is what most would put on theirs though.
    When you shoop da whoop, you feel powerful and don't want to lose it, and then a guy in plate armor comes and turns your woop against the shoop, hence, making you got laz0red.

Quote Originally Posted by Battousai
    Its an offspec for me, and with my gear I'm under the hit cap...so I threw on a weapon chain cause I'm cheap and I need the hit.

I would guess that Blade Ward is what most would put on theirs though.
    as a tank expertise is of greater use than hit because of the threat gen created by avoiding parries and avoidance of parry haste. also what weapon chain gives hit rating?

as for the weapon, slower is always better as it will allow for higher threat devastate and more dmg always equals more threat.

the proc is also quite nice as the armor adds to effective health and the armor adds to our ap meaning more dmg and you guessed it, more threat.

plus have you seen it? its freaking badass looking!

Quote Originally Posted by Shoryu
    as a tank expertise is of greater use than hit because of the threat gen created by avoiding parries and avoidance of parry haste. also what weapon chain gives hit rating?

as for the weapon, slower is always better as it will allow for higher threat devastate and more dmg always equals more threat.

the proc is also quite nice as the armor adds to effective health and the armor adds to our ap meaning more dmg and you guessed it, more threat.

plus have you seen it? its freaking badass looking!
    I agree expertise > hit but Batt said he's under hit cap. The weapon chain he is referring to is http://www.wowhead.com/?item=41976

I don't think the AP bonus from Armored To The Teeth helps here. I was under the impression that it refreshes every 30 seconds where as the proc only lasts 10. I could be wrong though.

I'm struggling on what to enchant this with. I have Blade Ward on my old weapon but that only has a 5% proc apparently. That leaves Blood Draining which is usually frowned upon or Mongoose which i'm a bit apprehensive about.

I just wish they would keep some things VANILLA CLASSIC..........

There are 2 problems with this weapon, first off, its way too slow, at 2.00 you will loose threat because of heroic strikes, less heroic strikes means less threat, even though your devastate will hit harder. I wouldn't call it a BiS mitigation by any means, the heroic anub sword is better, imo. Even though it will mitigate more damage overall, the difference will be very slight, to the point of barely noticeable on your damage taken charts, and it will just make incoming damage even more spikey, I wouldn't use it myself, but its not a bad weapon by any means.

Quote Originally Posted by wolfwood888
    There are 2 problems with this weapon, first off, its way too slow, at 2.00 you will loose threat because of heroic strikes, less heroic strikes means less threat, even though your devastate will hit harder. I wouldn't call it a BiS mitigation by any means, the heroic anub sword is better, imo. Even though it will mitigate more damage overall, the difference will be very slight, to the point of barely noticeable on your damage taken charts, and it will just make incoming damage even more spikey, I wouldn't use it myself, but its not a bad weapon by any means.
    The 258 weapon is better. The 232 quelserrar is better than the 245 toc weapon. So your opinion is wrong. It's BiS mitigation. And I doubt you would notice any more spikes (which aren't bad, to contrary believe) than having a lance equipped.

Threat on the other hand...is debatable.
    Nom Nom Nom [NNF] (2 points) - When you Ferocious Bite a target at or below 25% health, you have a 50/100% chance to instantly refresh the duration of your Rip on the target.

Sadly its not really debatable, fast weapons severely outthreat slower ones. I use it cause I've loved the look since I had my first one ~5years ago, that ...and its an offspec.

During the proc...its probably the best mitigation weapon in the game. But its nowhere near the best threatwise...its too slow. Like I said...I can't dump rage fast enough with it, I'm consistently sitting at 80-100 rage.

Threat has never been an issue however for me when I do get asked to tank, normally in fact I have to back off or I pull it off my druid and DK MTs.

I did bladeward on mine and you can feel the difference when both the sword and enchant proc at the same time. While it's not the -best in slot- threat weapon, I've had no trouble with aggro.

i find this weapon a real great advantage against 25 man heroic anub, with the proc going off most of the time and giving that armor boost is ideal for a warrior's block gear against the adds 110 def and 1550 armor is just pure <3

If youre having threat issues, theres always vigil. Throw it on an arms warrior or the other tank.

Not sure why people think this will up your TPS or DPS, with that slower weapon your heroic strike output is horrible. Lets just compare....

http://www.wowhead.com/?item=47967 Crusader's Glory (Arguably best EH in game)
    http://www.wowhead.com/?item=49495 Burnished Quel'Serrar (Meh.)

Note for one that Crusader's glory is already higher on DPS, not by much but it is higher.

Now lets look at weapon swing...

2 Second swing vs. 1.5 second swing

Lets compare how many heroic strikes after 30 seconds.

Burnished Quel'Serrar 15
    Crusader's Glory 20

After 1 minute

Burnished Quel'Serrar 30
    Crusader's Glory 40

After 1.5 Minutes

Burnished Quel'Serrar 45
    Crusader's Glory 60

After 2 Minutes

Burnished Quel'Serrar 60
    Crusader's Glory 80

As you can see, the longer the fight goes on the more heroic strikes with Crusader's glory meaning TPS and DPS going to be much lower with Quel'Serrar. Yes you could argue that this proc *MAY* help you stay alive while tanking adds on Anub, but really the only time your going to be holding adds for an extended period is during the final 30% burn phase. The majority of the fight your trying to burn them to get DPS back on the boss (which means higher TPS and DPS is kinda nice). I guess I could say the ONLY time I would consider using this weapon is during that last 30% burn phase, when TPS and DPS don't mean anything for the adds.

In my opinion Quel'Serrar is highly overrated, I prefer static stats and don't really on a proc to save me.

My armory:
    http://www.wowarmory.com/character-s...ath&n=Warrenar

I completely agree...fast weapons are better threat wise.

...its my offspec...gimmie a break. It looks cool.

Quote Originally Posted by Battousai
    I completely agree...fast weapons are better threat wise.

...its my offspec...gimmie a break. It looks cool.
    No argument from me. It's definitely the best OS tank weapon, considering the only other option is a 232 from anub. I rarely find threat an issue though and for mitigation it's a solid weapon.
    Nom Nom Nom [NNF] (2 points) - When you Ferocious Bite a target at or below 25% health, you have a 50/100% chance to instantly refresh the duration of your Rip on the target.

1500 armor = Attack Power = TPS!

DUH!

</sarcasm>
    Quote Originally Posted by Xheoul View Post
    Send that bitch a smiley face...Bitches loooove smilie faces.