Elemental Soloing - Old Content

My off-spec is currently Enh (Main spec resto) & I find it easy to solo MgT hc (still farming for a white hawkstrider...)
    When 3.3 comes out I was thinking about switching my off-spec to elemental as I enjoyed playing that more. (Gearing from badges & the new 5-man dungons.)
    If I switch to elemental will I still be able to solo MgT hc? As Enh I find I'm quite reliance on the wolves for self-healing on the 5-6 mob packs.

Thanks,

Edit:
    In addition, I forgot to ask about soloing Bloodlord & Thekal in ZG (for Raptor & Tiger mounts). Is this possible in Elemental spec?

What are the hardest instance / mob solo'd in elemental specs?

Re: Elemental Soloing - Old Content

I also have an enhacement build but an elemental pvp one, with pvp gear, higher stamina, not critable and stoneclaw totem is supossed to be better than normal pve build-gear for soloing but it is quite hard even though to do instances mobs with ele build.

My advice is to keep enhacement to solo old content, i've became exalted with zandalar, cleared all BC heroics and ZG and most of MC and AQ20 all with enhacement, when I tried to do the same with elemental I found out that it is possible but quite harder and I died a lot of times wich made me angry >, so switch to enhacement for old content.

Mandokir is soloable as ele, but you have to heal yourself a lot during enrage (BL, kill raptor, heal during enrage, kill mandokir) don't know about thekal, but guess he' s also soloable, adds don't hit too much.

All in all, keep enhacement to solo old instances or you'll get desperated to solo with ele

Thanks, suppose I'll stick to Enh then until I eventually get the mounts...

10+ Year Old Account

I soloed lvl60 Onyxia lol.
    And just today I did Anzu the Raven Lord.

Have the Hawkstrider so haven't tried.

Quote Originally Posted by Tiolith
    And just today I did Anzu the Raven Lord.
    Ah, Anzu, been leveling a druid on another account just to be able to try to farm it for my main, only at 65 atm but don't really want to spend the 5k on epix flying (which i forgot about) to start the q chain off :'(

I would go enhancement for old world pve. I guess it's just makes it easier overall and you avoid interrupts regardless of the situation.

I'm pretty sure I've seen old world content videos on the tube with decent enhancement specs, check them out, sometimes they link their char's name or a talent build if you're looking for one. I would do that for but I can't do that from the office.

Also enhacement has two SAVE ME, I'M IN DANGER!!! buttons, wolves and Shami rage, ele has thunderfock ??? wich is quite worse

15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by XenofeX
    Also enhacement has two SAVE ME, I'M IN DANGER!!! buttons, wolves and Shami rage, ele has thunderfock ??? wich is quite worse
    Well, ele has the mana and spell power to get of 2-3 lesser healing waves to be back at full heath if you get down to say below 20% HP, Maybe sooner if you have a boss that stuns you/locks you out of your abilities.

Onxyiax was mad easy as ele, ended with about 50% mana left, much easier than when i did it with my hunter. The hardest that i've solod as ele would have to be H Ramps, solo'd all reg outland dungeons, didnt bother with any other heroics cause well i think the bosses will just 3 shot me, ill give em a try though.

You really need to stay Enhancement if you want to solo things.
    Sure Elemental is good but it's not so good at soloing.
    I managed to solo Azuregos as Elemental but he's really easy, even then - he has Spell reflect up 90% of the time.

I feel more confident playing enhancement and soloing things.
    I suggest you get the mounts, then respec. :3.

NOTE: Just because soloing things as Elemental is harder, does not mean it's not fun!

15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Aryl

NOTE: Just because soloing things as Elemental is harder, does not mean it's not fun!
    And that is the answer right there, soloing as ele is just way to much fun, it's whatever spec you want to go, whatever you're more comfortable with.

cast bars are bad for soloing, thats about all their is to it, it will take longer, it will be harder, and it will be horrifyingly annoying, but its doable.