Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Elemental Mastery change

searched and couldn't find any other topic about this, and checked the mmo news to see if it was already mentioned there, but couldn't find it there either.
    looks like an Elemental Mastery change was overlooked and has been changed to

Elemental Mastery: This talent now increases spell haste by 15% instead of critical strike chance while active.

hopefully this will make t10 2set less sucky :-X
    http://eu.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Quel%27Thalas&n=Rofflemau

Deleted

Re: Elemental Mastery change

Tested it right now - you're right o_O

The tooltip was NOT changed on PTRs. (at least not for me on EU-servers... US-servers might be different)

BUT it no longer gives 15% crit, but 15% haste instead. Rather nice stealth-buff, tbh... at least if it isn't just a bug or something like that >_>

Herald of the Titans Baabinator's Avatar
    15+ Year Old Account

This makes the talent itself ALOOOOOOooooooooot better as well

Scars show you the remnants and failures of the past.

~¡¡¡!!!AND FOR THE LOVE OF GOD, STOP ASKING ABOUT MY AVATAR, I DON'T KNOW!!!¡¡¡~

This was changed last week, it´s mentioned in the Ptr notes.
    But is it changed on EU servers? last time i logged in (2-3 days ago), it still
    was the old one.... >

Deleted

Quote Originally Posted by I-mothep
    This was changed last week, it´s mentioned in the Ptr notes.
    But is it changed on EU servers? last time i logged in (2-3 days ago), it still
    was the old one.... >
    As I wrote above - tooltip stayed the same, saying crit, but you'll have to activate it and see then.
    It does not give 15% crit, but 15% haste instead. (tested it on 2 chars)

in wowheads PTR site it still says crit, but if that is true, I consider it a really nice buff shamies now if you are a troll elemental and resto, with http://www.wowhead.com/?spell=26297 you will be happy lol :P

Deleted

Quote Originally Posted by Trork
    in wowheads PTR site it still says crit, but if that is true, I consider it a really nice buff to both elemental and resto shamies now if you are a troll and also have http://www.wowhead.com/?spell=26297 you will be happy lol :P
    Since when do resto shamies put 31 points into the Elemental tree?

Quote Originally Posted by DaDimi
    Since when do resto shamies put 31 points into the Elemental tree?
    was meant to put it on berserker :P
    was too early in the morning lol

This is a good buff for elemental shamans. With lava burst at 100% crit, we now effectively have permanent 15% haste. Pure awsomesauce.

Quote Originally Posted by Badlock

it's not a permanent 15% haste buff.
    You're right. I was thinking of of the elemental oath buff... dammit lack of sleep sucks...

Bullshi....
    900haste: LvB 1.12 sec (Raid), LB 1.45sec
    +Bloodlust: LvB 0.89 sec, LB 1.1 sec
    +Bloodlust AND Elemental Mastery:0.7 sec 0.91 sec
    +Bloodlust , Elemental Mastery AND Berserk: ........

Global CD suxx

Is this really any buff at all? Sure LvB doesn't scale with crit, but then it's on a CD so it barely scales with haste.

Flame shock ticks on the other hand do scale with crit but don't scale with haste.

Everything else scales equally with haste and crit.

What am I missing here? Is your base haste much lower than your base crit so dilution effects are less of an issue?

I never played elly so maybe I'm being very dense.

It is a bigger buff than elemental mastery being a crit buff.

We spam one spell and that is lightning bolt, the more we can get off in that 15 seconds, the more damage we end up doing. My crit in my part nax25/part Uld 25 gear is already up in the 33-34% range and that's unbuffed so not like i really need more crit.

It's just a bandaid fix on blizz's part to try and bring up ele shaman's PvE damage a bit and maybe nerf the burst a bit in PvP.

This is for me is a complete crap change tbh. I am steady at 1050 haste in raids now. and are using glove enchant and trinket (scale of the fates) on top of that , macroed into my lightniing bolt so its used asap when its ready.

As I am troll i have also macroed elemental mastery and berserking both 3 min cooldowns. gives me 10 seconds with 20 % more haste and 15% more crit along with Wild magic pot. . Perfect boost combination. I dont need more haste. With bloodlust i am capped already 0.6 sec Lightning bolt, waiting 0.4 sec for the global cooldown, with all procs.. My crit rating may be a bit low. I see some elementals with around 50% crit in raids.

I want to keep my crit on elemental mastery. I see the crit as better in arena aswell. As no point in haste if you are stunned silenced or can't cast. But if you are free to cast, i would like to crit, especially on that instant ligtning bolt. As i use elemental masetry in my nuke combo.

good way of nerfing our previous top talent, to something less powerful than my racial ability.

on the other hand. I can see it go nicely along with the new tier 10 set bonus. pop elemental mastery 15seconds with more haste. ~1 sec LB cast. means 30 seconds off the next elemental mastery Cooldown.

Quote Originally Posted by Thornak
    This is for me is a complete crap change tbh. I am steady at 1050 haste in raids now. and are using glove enchant and trinket (scale of the fates) on top of that , macroed into my lightniing bolt so its used asap when its ready.

As I am troll i have also macroed elemental mastery and berserking both 3 min cooldowns. gives me 10 seconds with 20 % more haste and 15% more crit along with Wild magic pot. . Perfect boost combination. I dont need more haste. With bloodlust i am capped already 0.6 sec Lightning bolt, waiting 0.4 sec for the global cooldown, with all procs.. My crit rating may be a bit low. I see some elementals with around 50% crit in raids.

I want to keep my crit on elemental mastery. I see the crit as better in arena aswell. As no point in haste if you are stunned silenced or can't cast. But if you are free to cast, i would like to crit, especially on that instant ligtning bolt. As i use elemental masetry in my nuke combo.

good way of nerfing our previous top talent, to something less powerful than my racial ability.

on the other hand. I can see it go nicely along with the new tier 10 set bonus. pop elemental mastery 15seconds with more haste. ~1 sec LB cast. means 30 seconds off the next elemental mastery Cooldown.

Yeah i agree i liked the crit much more than the haste, although i didn't think sbout the t10 your right its kinda nice and its goes with it but i would still prefer my 15% crit =D
    More Pewpew less QQ

Stop macroing all your haste cooldowns and use them after your passive procs go off, problem solved. if you are wasted .4sec on GCD you'll get more dps by waiting 15-20 sec to start the next haste buff.
    This bro told a cool story on 2009-12-03 and proudly took part in the banfest.

Quote Originally Posted by op3l
    It's just a bandaid fix on blizz's part to try and bring up ele shaman's PvE damage a bit and maybe nerf the burst a bit in PvP.
    The loss on flame shock crits will approximately equal the gains on LB from haste over crit. Depending on exactly how much haste and crit you already have. I approximate you need to have about 8% more crit than haste, raidbuffed, for this to break even without T-10.

With the set bonus I guess it will be a definite buff.

As I am troll i have also macroed elemental mastery and berserking
    Quote Originally Posted by Zulim
    Bullshi....
    900haste [...]
    +Bloodlust , Elemental Mastery AND Berserk: ........

Global CD suxx
    Why not just use them consecutively instead of simultaneously? You don't have to blow all your CDs at once if it passes the soft cap.

20% haste for 10 seconds followed by 15% haste for 15 seconds
    or
    35% haste for 10 seconds and 15% for 5 seconds.
    before or after (or during, if you need) bloodlust/heroism

Sounds pretty kickass to me.

The change will definitely be an overall DPS increase in PvE, even if it's a very small one on paper.

However, the main effect of the change will be that we'll decouple EM from other cooldowns, especially Bloodlust - as (as others have pointed out) with current elemental haste levels we'd lose some of the benefit by hitting the GCD cap if using new EM together with BL/berserking etc. Thus it'll perform best if used on cooldown every cooldown, and chained after other haste effects rather than during them.

That means our burst DPS during BL will reduce slightly, but the on-CD-every-CD thing will get us prepared for 2t10 and will also increase EM's contribution to our overall DPS and may well make the change feel like more of a buff than it really is.

It also takes the value of 2t10 up by about 25% to ~100 DPS, assuming a stand-'n-nuke situation.

Incidentally, I've already evaluated it in the spreadsheet and written about it on my blog. What I've not yet done is investigated precisely how it'll affect the value of haste rating, but haste will still be way better than crit.
    Zamir's Blog // Elemental Beginner's Guide // Elemental ZAP! Spreadsheet // TotemSpot Community

Every one of us is, in the cosmic perspective, precious. If a human disagrees with you, let him live. In a hundred billion galaxies you will not find another.
    -- Carl Sagan

Thanks Zamir, I hope you're right and I hope it stays like that untill the latest build