Thread: Sentry Totem

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst

Re: Sentry Totem

Quote Originally Posted by Cedrich
    People still don't understand that Stealth and Invisibility are completely separate mechanics? Please do your research, and then understand why Sentry Totem having a Detect Invisibility effect would not affect Rogues in the slightest.
    Done your research.
    Unlike invisibility, anybody has a chance to detect an enemy in stealth mode.
    - http://www.wowwiki.com/Stealth_%28mechanic%29

Stealth, Prowl, Shadowmeld, Vanish - they all use the same mechanic, only Invisibility is truly undetectable.

I'm not really against this idea, but I don't think its needed.

Shammy's have a useful bit of tools to use against rogues already, Thunderstorm'ing a rogue off as they open is probably something they dislike most about having to get on a good shamm these days.

I think having a daze effect similar to boomkins typhoon would be good for thunderstorm, cause most of the time as a shamm its more about what you do after coming out of the initial stun, more then trying to get a rogue out beforehand.

I'm just thinking of situations if shamms did have a totem like this.
    If the rogue is looking to get on the shammy and gets pulled out of stealth, most of the time they run towards you anyway and just start without the initial stun then [insert thunderstorm here, lulz], making it somewhat useless :-\

On the other hand, if the rogue is going to get on your partner and try and sap you first, then this could come in handy, but even thinking about that situation playing as elemental, your partner should stand on top of you against rogue teams at the start of the match. This way you can still thunderstorm them off no matter who the rogue gets on. ;D

Remember not against the idea, just don't think its needed (cool idea though :P)
    Would prefer post thunderstorm daze effect (but i haven't played my shamm since s4 so :P)
    Game Mechanics Enthusiast. :P

I'd like to see a use for this totem sometime soon.