Poll: Would you be OK with facing your own faction if it meant faster queue times?

Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast

Re: Fighting own faction for faster queue times?

Quote Originally Posted by Leios the Worstcase
    Love it, let me kill Blood Elves... Oh God I want to kill them
    Why the hate? Please don't say "Cuz they're gay"....

Deleted

Quote Originally Posted by Azyoulike
    Easily solved by the following technique, known in the theatrical business as drag.

When there are insufficient allies a hordie may get drafted to play alliance, he will be wearing ally drag and will appear to be ally to other hordies. On his screen the allies will look like horde and horde will look like allies, ie. to him everybody else is in drag.

If you need a lore reason for this blame it all on Chromie, who's busy making sure nobody ever wins any of these battles because the bronze dragonflight wants it that way.

And racials?

Quote Originally Posted by ChildeRoland
    Why the hate? Please don't say "Cuz they're gay"....
    Cuz they're gay

GM: Oi mate, Kill me one more time and your out of the guild
    Member: FUUUUUUUUUUUUU

Friend: Lol, cap this flag so i can get the achievement for defending it
    Friend: Ok, You do the same for me and we can wreck all the fun for everyone else

D-Bag: HEY WTF R U DOIN
    Relentlessglad: ?
    D-Bag: U KILLED ME 8 TIMES BE FAIR I KIL U ONCE
    Relentlessglad: No?
    D-Bag: UR A NOOB IM GOING TO GET 5 OF MY FRIENDS 2 KIL U LOL
    Relentlessglad: K
    *5 mins later*
    D-Bag: LOLOLOL
    *2 mins later*
    D-Bag: WTF HOW U KILL 4 PPL
    Relentlessglad is now ignoring D-Bag

Could go either way though im pretty sure just a few cases of some guy being an idiot will get any change like this reverted so using that logic blizzard probably shouldnt bother in the first place for fear of forum trolls spamming how they made a mistake.
    Because some players aren't looking for anything logical, like loot. They can't be bought, bullied, reasoned or negotiated with. Some players just want to watch the group fail.

Guys, if anyone ever takes a look at level 80 Alliance players in battlegrounds on Reckoning EU, you will most certainly understand what I'm about to say here:

I would be 100% in favor of fighting my own faction even if it meant waiting a week for a single battleground; not only that I would be willing to pay the apropriate number of people to queue up as a premade against me, and I'd be willing to pay real life money for a ventrilo server and microphones for every single one of the opposing team just for the exquisite pleasure of hearing them flail around like headless chickens trying to achieve anything. And, to top it all of, I'd live stream the whole thing on the internet.

Honestly, I don't give a flying f*** about waiting times, but it would have sure as hell made my life easier grinding my way towards Battlemaster if I'd have been facing my faction. Quite honestly, the Alliance are so bad that ever since cross realms exist, I pray to every god imaginable and every demon who might be listening every time I join the queue for a battleground just so my team will suck marginally less than the one before. I mean, killing these guys that have made battlegrounds a living hell for me for the past 4 years would be nothing short of pure happiness, and would rank up there with winning the lottery or discovering a cure for stupid.

Quote Originally Posted by Powerogue
    bladestorm would probably be counterable with feint if i could recognise when he does it, all these warrior abilities look the same...

[quote=crayven ]
    we'll already have done that when we take Worgen into Alliance and Tauren paladins into the Horde.
    [/quote

Lol, these actually make perfect sense in Lore. Same faction BGs do not.

Quote Originally Posted by Xiangu
    In fact I would love to see a fully blown PvP Server where everyone can fight everyone (if flagged as PvP). In most cases I would love to kill players of my own faction.. but that will most likely never happen because they're afraid of the flaming and harassing which would undoubtably follow a change like that. However seeing how and that they solved that in Arena (even your own faction can't be understood in chat etc..) I think it would be possible to implement that in a battleground

I love the idea.

Herald of the Titans Baabinator's Avatar
    15+ Year Old Account

Oh god.

I hear the name of a new guild

<NSB IS OKAY>

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nationa...ische_Beweging

Or even more hysterical

<NSDAPvP>

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/NSDAP
    Scars show you the remnants and failures of the past.

~¡¡¡!!!AND FOR THE LOVE OF GOD, STOP ASKING ABOUT MY AVATAR, I DON'T KNOW!!!¡¡¡~

This would be reeaaaly stupid
    Since basicly, all battlegrounds have a story behind em. and all of them ARE alliance vs horde situations
    Why would alliance fight other alliance for lumber, for resources, for a mountain passage, more resources, titan relics?
    (E) .· ` ' / ·. (F)
    Ur Tears Fuel Me.
    QQ More Please

From a lore pov, well since arena already does it there really is no reason to not do this for (rated) battlegrounds in cataclysm.

Better idea to reduce queue times: auction off positions in the battlegrounds. You put up some money when you queue, and the highest bidders get in first. Some (most?) of the gold put up is split and given to the participants on the other side at the end of the game.
    "There is a pervasive myth that making content hard will induce players to rise to the occasion. We find the opposite. " -- Ghostcrawler
    "The bit about hardcore players not always caring about the long term interests of the game is spot on." -- Ghostcrawler
    "Do you want a game with no casuals so about 500 players?"

15+ Year Old Account

wow, voting is alot closer than i'd expect on this one.

No. The whole point of the current battlegrounds is for Horde vs Alliance battles. Fighting your own faction in these settings makes absolutely no sense. Best way to get faster queue times is to make PvP rewards more worthwhile for the pvpers again.

Now if they created a new battleground, were the setting was for guild or team control, rather than faction, it would be fine.
    We are warriors, born from the light
    An army for freedom, defenders of life
    Warriors, euphoria will rise
    Returning from darkness we bury all lies

While it would definitely help with the queue times, it would feel a bit weird, and would take away from the Battleground feel of it.

If they ever did this, they should give people who opted in and played for the enemy a Treason debuff for 15 minutes which would allow people from their own faction to attack them. Once they die once, the debuff could wear off.

Deleted

I am not that into lore, wouldn't mind to fight my faction, all for the sake of less waiting time.

63 vs 63 now that tight poll!

In fact I would love to see a fully blown PvP Server where everyone can fight everyone (if flagged as PvP).
    I know it's not what you meant, but this would add an interesting twist in 5-mans. You can ae but only if the damage you'd do to group is worth the damage to the rest of your group. I'd be hell to play a healer and only ranged classes would get invites, but it's an interesting idea.

On topic, I think people tend to gravitate to the "winning" faction on a server, creating imbalances like Cho'galls. Removing the only penalty for worsening a population imbalance would just exacerbate the problem. There are people who choose a side because it's not the favored side and has instant queues. Those intentional underdogs should be encouraged.

Quote Originally Posted by crayven
    we'll already have done that when we take Worgen into Alliance and Tauren paladins into the Horde.
    I can understand Worgens being Alliance and Goblins being Horde, but I hate the idea that now Horde and Alliance get a biggins and a shorty. Also, don't remind me about Tauren Paladins, seriously, don't make me leave when Cata hits. But in all seriousness, damn I'm not looking forward to any of the race/class changes except for Human Hunters, but oh joy, more PVP OPness.

On topic: I don't really care to be honest. Lore is already butchered, who cares? If not make up another scenario that it's "fighting for leadership", Blizzard would find a way to make it work >.> <.<

Best... idea... ever...

Death to melfs!

NO, we just need to merge some battlegroups.