Shadowstep Rogue?

Hi, I just hit 80 and despite most of the rogues being mutilate, is there any viability for subtlety?

I’m talking about 27/0/44 like:

http://www.wowarmory.com/character-t...enghee&group=1

Or i should go the typical build?

thanks

Re: Shadowstep Rogue?

if you pvp, keep your specc. if you pve... don't. gz on 80
    Quote Originally Posted by Kelesti View Post
    I never said Ret was faceroll, I said your bitching is a mirror image to that entire community's attitude. You'd fit in well over there.
    Quote Originally Posted by bloodwine77 View Post
    I'd never send death threats, because it is just a game.

However, if I ever met the guy at Blizzard responsible for murlocs ... I think I'd slug him. Just one hard punch to the face ... while yelling WHARBLGARBLGARBLGARBLGARBL!!

Quote Originally Posted by nescáfè
    if you pvp, keep your specc. if you pve... don't. gz on 80
    I don’t PvE. But every pvp rogue seems to be mut/prep and I don’t really enjoy it. The lack of mobility makes me nervous

Thanks!

Honestly when i looked at ur spec it was pretty messed up....

i actually went with this spec for my rogue http://www.wowarmory.com/character-t...d+The+Spectrum
    mainly for BG's, arena would have to be a little different but i love sub spec. Only thing about sub is it requires ALOT more skill than mut.. u literally have to be a friggin ninja in sub haha. i like the mobility and burst with sub thats why i do it. My combo i use is premed, shadowstep ambush kidney shot shadow dance ambush ambush cheap shot evisc dishes out between 39-45k damage... all while ur target is stunned =), and yea that does seem like too much damage and some might think im exaggerating but nope it has THAT much burst.... people underestimate sub sometimes =). oh yea one more thing for this spec to be pretty viable youll need a real nice high damage MH dagger for big ambushes so until u get a badass MH go mut. GL man!
    "Grammar is important. Capitalization is the difference between helping your Uncle Jack off a horse & helping your uncle jack off a horse."

for lack of a better term lets call coldstep (what you use) semi-viable.
    It can work, but it is massively inferiour to mut/prep
    Player: Vanish___________Server: No!
    Player: Preparation_______Server: Okay...
    Player: Vanish___________Server: I SAID NO DAMMIT!

when a 1200 rated rogue offers you advice, MY advice is to ignore it. the extra poison, crit on demand, and cooldown reset of the cookiecutter rogue spec is good. shadowdance BEGS to be abused and broken, and shadowstep is cool...but a lot of good players with a lot of time on their hands cant seem to make it better than mut. the biggest problem is that mut allows you to also go deep in sub AND pickup combat 1st tier. a shadowstep build just cant reach anything else, and shadowdance even less. best of luck to ya tho

Sub is really fun but it just isn't as powerful in arena's as mutilate. That's why it REALLY needs a total re-vamp come Cataclysm. When that happens I AM SO playing my rogue again. Shadowstep is so awesome.
    Hide behind a little Bloodelf Paladin?!? Ridiculous! Make way for the Beef of Light! I will shield you, little ones, and should I fall, remember that I taste amazing with Mustard.