Need a macro, somewhat complicated (at least to me)

So,
    I'm going to be purchasing a new mouse fairly soon, one that actually has side buttons!
    Originally, I was thinking of just linking the side buttons to 7 and -, which are maim/pounce, bash/enrage, and regrowth/lifebloom, each are abilities that I use very often, and sometimes throw me off when i have to let go of the mouse and use my right hand to hit those buttons. (I originally had these buttons bound when I used the touchpad (LOLINORITE) and was able to keep both hands on the keyboard at all times).
    Then I got to thinking, why stop there?
    So my question is this:
    Is there a way that i can make a macro that adjusts to the form that I am in, using maim if in cat, bash if in bear, and regrowth if in caster, AND has an override that if i hold shift while hitting that button, it casts regrowth, regardless of form? Would i be able to get away withe form check AND the shift check? or should i break that up into 3 seperate macros, one for each form, because the key thing here is I want an easy way to cast those instant regrowths while in form, without having to wait for UI lag to bring up cast bar again. Thanks in advance!

Simple explanations would help, but I am not very well versed in macro language, so I guess I'm looking for a pretty straightforward answer.)
    Quote Originally Posted by DKaizerX
    Yes, in theory, Old Blanchy could beat Arthas

Re: Need a macro, somewhat complicated (at least to me)

[stance:numberofyourformonyourstancebar]
    [mod:shift]

combine these as you see fit
    Correlation does not imply causation.

Quote Originally Posted by zox
    [stance:numberofyourformonyourstancebar]

combine these as you see fit
    Ok, so how would I organize these?
    Would it be something like:
    [stance:numberforbear]
    /cast bash
    [stance:numberforbear]
    /cast regrowth
    And the same thing for cat but with different number and spell name?
    And is there any way to keep the icon/tooltip? I'd want to keep the tooltip of the original ability, or if possible original when shift isn't pressed, and new while shift is pressed

/cast [stance:bearnum] bash; [nostance][stance:treenum][mod:shift] regrowth
    I wouldn't recommend this pairing though... as it is generally more advisable to have a proper macro for your healing spells
    Correlation does not imply causation.

Quote Originally Posted by zox
    /cast [stance:bearnum] bash; [nostance][stance:treenum][mod:shift] regrowth
    I wouldn't recommend this pairing though... as it is generally more advisable to have a proper macro for your healing spells
    I'm trying that arrangement, but the shift click isn't doing anything, just giving me a "you can't attack that target"

And if this whole idea is just bad, would you have any suggestions for something better? Again, never really used macros before, and decided to try it here just go be able to cast bash, or cast regrowth when shift is pressed using the same button and therefore keybindings. Looking back it may be a lot less complicated to just make different macros for both bear and cat forms.
    EDIT: for clarity

It's actually a pretty easy macro, sorry that no one's properly helped you yet..

#showtooltip
    /cast [mod:shift]Regrowth
    /cast [stance:3]Maim;[stance:1]Bash;[nostance]Regrowth

Gershuun @ Borean Tundra US - Interface & Macros Moderator

After more googling and asking the official forums, i was shown basically what you have there, as well as the link to the macro portion of wowiki(in retrsospect, thats a big fat DUH to me now)

basically what I have now is:
    /cast [mod:shift] [stance:nostance] Regrowth; [Stance:1] Bash; Maim
    #showtooltip

It's working beautifully, even changes icons and tooltips when i hold down shift :P

BTW, i gave you one internet for your help : )