Nerf to Balance T8

So as you can see T8 2set is getting nerfed so does this mean 4set T9 would be better then the 2set/2set combo?

damn just saw the eclipse nerf too damn blizz way to start nerfing something thats not really broken =/

Re: Nerf to Balance T8

It wont matter soon anyways so just raid naked.

blizz has already said they dont want us to cling to old gear and sets
    BO0ooOOooOOo0oooOO0OOooOO0ooo0OOOo0oOO0NEST0RM!

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...uttnikk/simple
    ^Deepz served here^

10+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Sidorenko
    blizz has already said they dont want us to cling to old gear and sets
    if they dont want us not to use old gear they can just make the new gear better, not harder then that.

My Armory
    TBH, I really like cookies.

Quote Originally Posted by Runis707
    if they dont want us not to use old gear they can just make the new gear better, not harder then that.
    You can't just always make set bonuses better. If they had been doing that from tier 0 then where would we be right now? The +5% crit has been around FOREVER. You can't just buff infinitely.
    Hide behind a little Bloodelf Paladin?!? Ridiculous! Make way for the Beef of Light! I will shield you, little ones, and should I fall, remember that I taste amazing with Mustard.

Quote Originally Posted by Runis707
    They also explained in the same post that in this case on OP bonus would lead to having OP set bonus in the future, to break that cycle they had to nerf it.

It was over budget, they nerf stuff all the time, just like they buff stuff all the time.

Deleted

We'd have switched to T10 anyway, so it's not that problematic in the long run. In the short run, it'll be "ouch" however :/

All I can say is... Thank you effing god now I have a reason to upgrade my gear!

hmm, might be just me being tired and stuff, but I can't get what this change means right in my head.
    Is it gonna be like
    lunar eclipse proc: starfire -> eclipse over -> no lunar OR solar eclipse for 15 secs regardless off internal cd's?

"This effect will not activate again within 15 seconds of either type of Eclipse effect firing, in addition to the existing 30-second cooldown for each type of Eclipse."

Quote Originally Posted by skinnie
    hmm, might be just me being tired and stuff, but I can't get what this change means right in my head.
    Is it gonna be like
    lunar eclipse proc: starfire -> eclipse over -> no lunar OR solar eclipse for 15 secs regardless off internal cd's?

"This effect will not activate again within 15 seconds of either type of Eclipse effect firing, in addition to the existing 30-second cooldown for each type of Eclipse."
    If you never used a /cancelaura macro for eclipse managment, then it won't affect you very much, if at all.

Of course, periodically, you might have noticed that you got a wrath eclipse literally as your starfire eclipse ended when it ended right as your last starfire crit went off. This will probably not happen anymore, or as frequently.

It doesn't affect how eclipse is "supposed" to work, i.e. 15 seconds of this, 15 seconds of that (adding up to the 30 second cooldown), then 15 seconds of this again, 15 of that, etc.

No, never used an /cancelaura macro, can't really see where that would be beneficial, 30 sec internalcd right?

but anyways, thx for the enlightenment
    Here I was getting worried it would be back to the old lunar -> lunar (no thx :S)

15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by skinnie
    No, never used an /cancelaura macro, can't really see where that would be beneficial, 30 sec internalcd right?

but anyways, thx for the enlightenment
    Here I was getting worried it would be back to the old lunar -> lunar (no thx :S)
    It was very beneficial. You could use WiseEclipse to still proc the Solar Eclipse with the Lunar Eclipse bonus active (the higher chance to crit). It was used to give us a small boost of DPS to make us semi-competitive. It seems they want to keep us broken until Cataclysm.
    Sunfyre | @FoGSunfyre

hmmm... might transform some of this boomkin gear without hit into resto gear imo and go heals...

The Moonkin Repository
    Moonkin forums for beginners and experienced players alike
    Moonkin TTT Thread with Wrathcalcs
    Check it out, good stuff in there

Deleted

Quote Originally Posted by Dje
    We'd have switched to T10 anyway, so it's not that problematic in the long run. In the short run, it'll be "ouch" however :/
    No we wouldnt. 4x t10 251 is still worse than 2pt8.

---

Anyways, we've been asking for a fix for a long, long time, and finally it is coming around. Its a shame it has to be through a nerf, but at least most of us have enough badges to go straight into 4pt9 when the patch hits.

Sadly, i am still going to be hypocritical about the tier 10 bonuses. 2% more on each crits is not a massive boost, but since stats are good, general increases, i will content myself by standing in a corner grumbling

* Item - Druid T10 Balance 4P Bonus - Your critical strikes from Starfire and Wrath cause the target languish for an additional 7% of your spell's damage over 4 sec. (Up from 5%)

Deleted

Stats are not good...since all the Spirit of the gear was removed. and the Spirit overall in all the gear, gives a LOT of Spell Damage. T10..have 0 Spirit in all gear. So..its not THAT good general increase.

Deleted

Quote Originally Posted by BravePT
    Stats are not good...since all the Spirit of the gear was removed. and the Spirit overall in all the gear, gives a LOT of Spell Damage. T10..have 0 Spirit in all gear. So..its not THAT good general increase.
    Ahahahaha. Awesome. I needed that. Wait, are you serious?

No spirit on gear is AWESOME. We don't want spirit on gear if we can help it. If you have an item with, say, 50 spirit, that does translate into 15 spellpower, but thats all you gain from it. Instead, that spirit could have been crit, for a MUCH bigger bonus. Across all of my gear, i have 194 spirit, split on four items. That gives me a total of 58 SP, or an average of 14 SP more on each item.

Lets just imagine that instead of that spirit, each item had 0,5% more crit. That would be 2% more crit, instead of 58 spellpower, and i do believe the spirit could have been a lot more crit.

TL;DR: No spirit is good.

Why ppl think spirit is good is beyond me. Yes it benefit our dps but it's still one of the worst dps stats (pretty sure it's the worst but can't remember how close int is 2 it) and the new tier set would be awesomme and you would upgrade even with the t8 bonus beeing what it used to be (even t9 hc set is better).

Quote Originally Posted by BravePT
    Your name is truth...

Spirit is better for us then Agility, strength, Hit after cap, avoidance, attack power, and to an extent mp5. But as far as item points are concerned, Ill take my attribute points going into more Int for cast pool and more stam to survive the upcoming AOE boss attacks as opposed to squeezing out approx 16 more spellpower a piece.
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Theorycrafting and posting numbers on forums
    Not everyone is going to be an expert theorycrafter or mathematics expert, and we're not expecting you to be one in order to participate in these forum discussions. But also be honest about the fact that linking to someone else's work doesn't necessarily turn you into one either.

Was that too harsh? (Source)