Page 1 of 6
... LastLast

Enhancement Shamans; THE POINT?

I have been playing Enhancement on my Shaman ever since level 60 and at 80, I can not get top on DPS. I have worked my rotation or Priority list to the point were there is nothing else to do to it. I have worked hours on trying to get my DPS above all of the none hybrid classes in WoW. The problem im having is. Ele Shamans DPS is very good. Balance / Feral Druids DPS is very good. But, Enhancement Shaman DPS welll.. sucks. Can someone please explain to me the point of an Enhancement Shaman? If my DPS sucks there must be a point to Enhancement Shamans. Thank you.

random thaught..? lol.
    http://www.youtube.com/ziified13

Re: Enhancement Shamans; THE POINT?

It's fun as hell. Also, you should probably try a bit harder. =/

Being melee.

Is it really necessary to top meters to have a point behind a spec?
    Specs are about playstyle, not performance.

I can confirm that I have heard that Enh is not optimal for raids. Which sucks since I kinda like Enh on the shammy that I am leveling.
    Personal site: http://fuh-q.com
    My Kitteh's personal site: http://kitteh.in

Deleted

Roll a shadow priest and tell me how that goes on DPS meters , then you wont be complaining .
    But seriously there not that bad, there still in the top 3-5 in nearly every raid.

Quote Originally Posted by Raptorg
    Specs are about playstyle, not performance.
    Yeah... tell that to a good raiding guild. ><
    Personal site: http://fuh-q.com
    My Kitteh's personal site: http://kitteh.in

There currently is no point to bringing Enhancement shamans to raids. A frost dk is much better raid spot than an enhance and can do almost everything the shaman can, but better.

Deleted

Totems , heroism , wolves of doom . Dunno about other realms but ally side on my realm lacks shamans like mad, guilds falling over each other to recruit them, mostly beacuse raiding without heroism sucks badly.

Still dont get the complaints, so ur not number one,, but ur not last..(cough shadow priests, cough cogh)
    There is nothing to complain about at all.

Quote Originally Posted by Gammer
    There currently is no point to bringing Enhancement shamans to raids. A frost dk is much better raid spot than an enhance and can do almost everything the shaman can, but better.
    Yeah.. May wanna read up on that... lol. That's not true at all. Enh Shaman totems are way better than DK buffs.
    http://www.youtube.com/ziified13

theres certainly no lack of shamans on my server and i still fill out raids spots easily. I went into a ToC 25m last night with the lowest gearscore and managed be everywhere from 5th-10th in DPS which isn't that bad consider everyone else. I think that when played right Enh DPS is very competitive in raids and i can't wait to get some T9 or ilvl 232+ weapons on me so i can really shine...
    Quote Originally Posted by Herecius
    Man, Vanilla was so cool, where the final boss of the instance dropped weapons that shared models with blues and greens!
    http://www.wowhead.com/item=17076#same-model-as
    http://www.wowhead.com/item=17074#same-model-as
    and he went on and listed about 16 more items...truly...a champion for logic

It's....

fun?

Enhancing Totems + Healing Stream/cleansing/tremor (OK not in TotC). We are a utility class... plain and simple. I'm no DK expert, but I do know that unholy is the best spec right now, and believe that it is projected to be in ICC.

TL;DR: Yes there is a point. A good enhancement shaman is a much better choice than a frost DK. We are buff-bots. On single target fights our DPS is competitive.

A enh shammy is far better then a frost Dk, all a frost Dk brings is the 20% which we have and unlike there's is always up once the totem is dropped, Horn of Winter is not as good as imp Str of earth totem either. We also bring heroism ( something only a shammy has ). My shammy's name is Damika on the feathermoon server. I usally pull 6k + dps in raids.

A few tips. DL the addon shock and awe from curse or where-ever u get ur add on's and EL are your friends for reading up on things related to dps.

Quote Originally Posted by LyskaWF
    Enhancing Totems + Healing Stream/cleansing/tremor (OK not in TotC). We are a utility class... plain and simple. I'm no DK expert, but I do know that unholy is the best spec right now, and believe that it is projected to be in ICC.

TL;DR: Yes there is a point. A good enhancement shaman is a much better choice than a frost DK. We are buff-bots. On single target fights our DPS is competitive.
    And in 3.3, our AoE DPS will be competitive.

Don't mistake a broken(overpowered) t9 set pieces for DKs for being the best dps class in the game.

Quote Originally Posted by ziified13
    I have been playing Enhancement on my Shaman ever since level 60 and at 80, I can not get top on DPS. I have worked my rotation or Priority list to the point were there is nothing else to do to it. I have worked hours on trying to get my DPS above all of the none hybrid classes in WoW. The problem im having is. Ele Shamans DPS is very good. Balance / Feral Druids DPS is very good. But, Enhancement Shaman DPS welll.. sucks. Can someone please explain to me the point of an Enhancement Shaman? If my DPS sucks there must be a point to Enhancement Shamans. Thank you.

random thaught..? lol.
    You are aware that Enhancement has been higher dps than Elemental for this entire expansion yes? Like there hasn't been a time when Elemental has done equal or greater dps than Enhancement.

Similarly, Balance hasn't been higher EVER.

If you're losing to these two specs, the problem is you.

10+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Kentukyfried
    Yeah... tell that to a good raiding guild. ><
    A good raiding guild wont need to be told that, becuase they realise that diversity and Total Raid DPS is far more important than individual DPS.

10+ Year Old Account

maybe the enh shammy is not the proper class for you. everybody plays the game differently. maybe you should try a different spec or class. you might do better. you never know.

Deleted

Quote Originally Posted by Roardot
    You are aware that Enhancement has been higher dps than Elemental for this entire expansion yes? Like there hasn't been a time when Elemental has done equal or greater dps than Enhancement.

Similarly, Balance hasn't been higher EVER.

If you're losing to these two specs, the problem is you.
    The problem is gear... ele can reach higher dps with lesser gear and less effort
    Enh takes alot of fine tuneing to get high with.

Quote Originally Posted by Hothgor
    And in 3.3, our AoE DPS will be competitive.

Don't mistake a broken(overpowered) t9 set pieces for DKs for being the best dps class in the game.
    Has there ever been a time in wrath when enhance shaman were routinely out dpsing DKs, instead of the other way around? I honestly can't think of one, and I doubt that 3.3 will be that time either. I don't think that enhance is in such a wretched state as the OP, but there is some truth to the suggestion that you can profitably replace one if with a frost DK if you have a marks hunter in the raid and another shaman to bring BL, (and presumably you already had another shaman to bring WoA).

DKs in 3.3 are likely to be AoE monsters as, due to pestilence, they can avoid the AoE damage capping that is being introduced. Possibly the devs will find a way around this before it goes live, but I wouldn't hold my breath.

Here is a random thought...

If the only thing that matters to you in the whole game is topping that damage meter then why the hell did you roll a hybrid (much less a caster/melee freakazoid hybrid like an enhancement shaman).

Seriously, to a certain extent you should play to the best of your ability for the gear you have and carry as much dps as you can. What shamans don't carry in dps they make up for in buffs. Shaman totems are still some of the best buffs in the game. Sure, they aren't as unique as they used to be and they don't stack but they still are somewhat unique and are normally higher and easier to maintain than similar buffs. Not to mention, you bring heroism/bloodlust which means many people think you are worth a slot just for that.

If you aren't enjoying your class then don't play it. If you are enjoying it and just not topping meters then welcome to playing a hybrid.
    "The round, metal cooking utensil referring to the larger, cookware customarily used for, but not limited to, stews, as being of a dark shade or possibly of African descent." ~~ Fixed for now. But keep in mind any one of the words used in that fix may become politically incorrect or offensive at any moment for any reason. Further amendments may be required to prevent frivolous lawsuits in the future.