unholy requirements

just wondering the stats most important to unholy. heard haste was a big one and was wondering the minimum amount needed for unholy to be keeping up with blood or dw frost

Re: unholy requirements

The main requirement is 4 pieces of T9 set for the set bonus that allows your diseases to crit. That will also make crit your 2nd most valuable stat to stack. Expertise is of much lower priority for UH than it is for blood or frost. There is no minimum haste required, but I recommend getting a healthy amount of it. The more your gear is focused around ArP, the worse you will do when you respec from blood or frost to unholy. If your gear has barely any ArP and lots of haste+crit, you will do better as unholy.

Hit (if not capped) Str > Crit > Haste > Exp (if not capped) > Agi > ArP

Quote Originally Posted by Noxia
    The main requirement is 4 pieces of T9 set for the set bonus that allows your diseases to crit. That will also make crit your 2nd most valuable stat to stack. Expertise is of much lower priority for UH than it is for blood or frost. There is no minimum haste required, but I recommend getting a healthy amount of it. The more your gear is focused around ArP, the worse you will do when you respec from blood or frost to unholy. If your gear has barely any ArP and lots of haste+crit, you will do better as unholy.

Hit (if not capped) Str > Crit > Haste > Exp (if not capped) > Agi > ArP
    This is correct with the exception that I will say with 3.3 being relatively close ArP won't hurt once that patch rolls out so gathering it now isnt too bad of an idea.

Quote Originally Posted by wanax
    This is correct with the exception that I will say with 3.3 being relatively close ArP won't hurt once that patch rolls out so gathering it now isnt too bad of an idea.
    Yeah it feels pretty retarded, atm you need to avoid ArP like the plague and next patch it replaces haste to become the secondary stat to stack as UH, right after crit. You need to do a complete gear overhaul to optimize your gear from 3.2.2 to 3.3. Hell, even +agi becomes more valuable than haste next patch.

Deleted

Hit until 8% > Str > Exp until 26 = Crit >>> Agi = ArP = Haste

Quote Originally Posted by Saram
    Hit until 8% > Str > Exp until 26 = Crit >>> Agi = ArP = Haste
    ....what?

Deleted

....what?
    Check your personal stat weights here: http://elitistjerks.com/f72/t71378-z...21_oct_2009_a/

But what I posted are approximate priorities for 245+ UH DKs.

If you disagree, post numbers.

Check your personal stat weights here: http://elitistjerks.com/f72/t71378-z...21_oct_2009_a/

But what I posted are approximate priorities for 245+ UH DKs.

If you disagree, post numbers.
    Why do you consider zeracks stat weights to be the ultimate truth? Just curious, most people I know of prefer other values, like the ones here for example http://elitistjerks.com/f72/t72364-u..._boring_brick/

You can't check your personal stat weights using zeracks app, you just input any values you like and the program finds you an optimal gear setup using those numbers. I can guarantee you that if you treat ArP Agi and Haste as equal you're way off.

AttackPower 1
    Strength 3.05
    Agility 1.63
    CritRating 2.31
    HasteRating 1.53
    ArmorPenetrationRating 1.88
    ExpertiseRating 2.55
    BeforeMeleeHitCap<8% 3.6
    SpellHitRating 1.01
    WeaponDPS 6.92

Haste will be not so good anymore. The only talent using it is BcB, since the new cookiecutter unholy spec doesn't use necrosis anymore.
    As you can see, even Agility is beter than haste. ArP is decent at max, it helps on some strikes (blood/scourge/plague) but a lot of unholy is still damage. So you don't want to avoid it anymore, but you don't want to hunt for it or stack it either.

Deleted

Why do you consider zeracks stat weights to be the ultimate truth? Just curious, most people I know of prefer other values, like the ones here for example http://elitistjerks.com/f72/t72364-u..._boring_brick/
    I don't consider them the ultimate truth, I do however consider them more credible as the reasoning is made clear, rather than some random numbers someone manifests without explanation.

Besides, that thread you linked also appears to agree with what I posted?

hit > str > exp ~ crit >>> arp ~ agi ~ haste
    3.6 > 3.05 > 2.55 ~ 2.31 >>> 1.88 ~ 1.63 ~ 1.53

I don't consider them the ultimate truth, I do however consider them more credible as the reasoning is made clear, rather than some random numbers someone manifests without explanation.

Besides, that thread you linked also appears to agree with what I posted?

hit > str > exp ~ crit >>> arp ~ agi ~ haste
    3.6 > 3.05 > 2.55 ~ 2.31 >>> 1.88 ~ 1.63 ~ 1.53

You might wanna check the link again as the stats weights you posted are for 3.3. There are two different sections in the EJ thread, first with 3.3 info and second with 3.2 info. And as for the explanation for the specific stats weights the reasoning is usually within the thread itself. But it's up to one's personal preference whether they prefer to read through all those pages =)

As far as OP is considered, i'm going to agree with the points already made by above posters. Getting 4 PC T9 should be your top priority. If you don't have access to trophys from 25-man, just go with the normal version.

Deleted

Quote Originally Posted by Likoori

You might wanna check the link again as the stats weights you posted are for 3.3. There are two different sections in the EJ thread, first with 3.3 info and second with 3.2 info.
    Meh, my bad, I saw the table and assumed the one someone posted in this thread was a copy pasta of it so used that as a reference.

Still though, it's mostly in agreement except that thread seems to like haste.

I'm fairly sure those numbers would have come from one of the similators linked at the bottom of the thread using pretty standard benchmarking gear. You can run it yourself using your gear and you'll get different numbers that are more accurate and applicable for you. Either way though, if you want stat weights, the simulators will be the most accurate ones you'll get, especially if the alternative is your gut.