BG PVP Help please

Ok I will be the first to admit, im really not great at pvp by any means. Fact of the matter is that I really haven't pvp'd much since wotlk dropped at all. I just tried out some bgs this weekend as a newly (and undergeared) resto shammy but at several points im finding myself absolutely destroyed by any melee class (especially ret pallys and rogues)
    Im really not good at kiting. Could any other caster gimme some advice on kiting, when to use trinket in stun lock circumstances. Id link my armory, but honestly im embarassed by it =(
    Thanks in advance
    Beauty now spawns with only two pups in Heroic difficulty. Not to worry though, the missing pup has been adopted by a wonderful, if not insane family.

I'm glad that Blizzard cares about the little things...

Re: BG PVP Help please

blah blah blah do this do that more pylons blah blah blah

short version: reroll a DK.
    http://www.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Mannoroth&cn=Chimaria

People think it must be fun to be a super genius, but they don't realize how hard it is to put up with all the idiots in the world.

Quote Originally Posted by Chimaria
    blah blah blah do this do that more pylons blah blah blah

short version: reroll a DK.
    unhelpful advice is unhelpful. constructive ideas much more appreciated.
    Beauty now spawns with only two pups in Heroic difficulty. Not to worry though, the missing pup has been adopted by a wonderful, if not insane family.

I currently play a shadow priest and the only help I have against palas warriors rogues and such is a fear and run like a gremlin on speed....

Usually I can't take any melee class unless I'm in a grp where others have their attention..

Should a rogue see me, then I w8 for the Kidney Shot before using my trinket (if i survive for that long)...

If you don't have any uses for your Emblems of conquest, then U could buy some pvp gear for 'em... Also do the WG quests... every inch of Resi helps...

I hope someone else can help U on kiting, because I don't really have any experience there either (not xactly pvp-pro^^)

As a healer, either just support the flagcarrier as much as you can, and hope others in team got some sense aswell to protect the healer or pick a melee(for the infinite resource they got to fight, if u pick a mage, you never know when he runs off to get mana) whom you just pocketheal with occasional heals on others who need help aswell and ideally, if you pick a smart guy, he will do everything to protect you aswell.
    Achivement titles like "battlemaster, ...of the Horde/Alliance" are usually a sure go if u need to pick someone randomlly. The guys whould know theyr way around in bg-s.
    If you got crap gear, dont mount the vehicles yourself, but sure hop onto em, if someone else drives em, since they provide you cheap protection, while you can still do your job.

If you are undergreared, melee will own you(so will ranged), just dont stand in the spotlight. Stay behind and do what you can do(aka, heal). For rogues, try to stand near hunters(first, they are ranged, so you're not in spotlight for melees), they tend to keep flares down, also, they mostly hate the rogues the most. So you can be sure, if a rogue is seen by a hunter near him, he will turn onto the rogue and try to kill him.

About kiting and things like this. You need to prioritize the goal of the bg and you in it. Is the most important thing to win the bg, or stay alive? Smart kite is a part of tactic ofc, but sometimes, is wiser to die and get ressed than to struggle and waste cooldowns on keeping urself alive for 20 sec more and then still die.
    Cant help there tho, you need to make the decision yourself when the situation is on hand.

Quote Originally Posted by kunn

If you are undergreared, melee will own you(so will ranged), just dont stand in the spotlight. Stay behind and do what you can do(aka, heal). For rogues, try to stand near hunters(first, they are ranged, so you're not in spotlight for melees), they tend to keep flares down, also, they mostly hate the rogues the most. So you can be sure, if a rogue is seen by a hunter near him, he will turn onto the rogue and try to kill him.
    This is a good idea. Thank you

Bloodsail Admiral
    10+ Year Old Account

This probably isn't the advice you're looking for but... you're going to need more/better PvP gear. I don't know Shaman PvP, so I can't help with strats... but getting 800 or so resilience (judging by what my 'lock needed to survive melee with any consistency) should help a ton.