Need a macro....

Needing to have my macro's to accurately list any cooldown timer involved. For example, if I want to do:

#showtooltip Lava Burst
    /stopcasting
    /cast Lava Burst

How do I get that to show me the actual cooldown left on Lava Burst? This should also cover any other macro issues I've got when I want to use a /stopcasting macro

Re: Need a macro....

Quote Originally Posted by Diatribe
    Needing to have my macro's to accurately list any cooldown timer involved. For example, if I want to do:

#showtooltip Lava Burst
    /stopcasting
    /cast Lava Burst

How do I get that to show me the actual cooldown left on Lava Burst? This should also cover any other macro issues I've got when I want to use a /stopcasting macro
    Not sure about macros that show you the cooldown duration, but if thats what your looking for...OmniCC can do that.

try using a addon
    it works

I'm not really sure what it is you want, but I think you're after OmniCC.

The only thing that macro will do for you that just having the spell on your bar won't do, is interrupt any spells you're casting when you press the key, which is probably a bad idea for something like this.

The problem with these macros is if you hit them more than once.

You hit, stopping casting LB, then start casting LvB, if you press again, you Stopcasting LvB and restart.

So, make sure you're not hitting twice.

sig by Winter Blossom

Why would you have /stopcasting on a plain lava burst macro?

Quote Originally Posted by Diatribe

#showtooltip Lava Burst
    /stopcasting
    /cast Lava Burst

OmniCC

Quote Originally Posted by Embermoon
    Why would you have /stopcasting on a plain lava burst macro?

Most likely to interrupt a LB or CL and cast the LvB as soon as it comes off CD. Of Course doing that depending on how far along you already are into your cast would be a DPS lost as you have effectively just wasted cast time.

And as already stated OmniCC will display an actual countdown of your remaining CD on the Macro Hotkey. And for every other CD for that matter.
    The only thing i know is that i know nothing

download eventhorison

http://www.wowinterface.com/download...ntHorizon.html

once you get uset to this addon you will have no problems maintaining your rotation as it allows you to see when your casts will finish and when different spells will come off cooldown.