Prot: Glyph of Seal of Vengeance

Ok so first im still gearing my pally nearly at 33k unbuffed about to craft the saronite swordbreakers and the boots from ulduar but the thing is all of this gear has a shit load of expertise right now im at 32 expertise wihtout that glyph.

My talents i know drop SA down to 1/2 and put the last point in 3/3 crusade.

but the thing is how much difference would that 10 exp make going from 32-42 while tanking most of the time, for offtanking i dont want to use the glyph but sometimes i get asked to MT and i think its worth it
    Pally -http://us.battle.net/wow/character/barthilas/Supersmexi/

Re: Prot: Glyph of Seal of Vengeance

Thanks, Ill put in that glyph again (:
    Pally -http://us.battle.net/wow/character/barthilas/Supersmexi/

ok i admit i didnt read that whole thread on maintankadin but it's saying it's better for avoidance than dodge rating in some cases?? expertise is a pure threat stat since it lowers the chance that the boss has in dodging or parrying your attack. if they count mitigation as the boss not parrying your attack therefore he won't parry haste another attack then that's just ridiculous since blizz took out parry hasting on boss fights where it would actually matter...

to me it's just too much nerd talk... :

10+ Year Old Account

My best advise is that if your that far over the soft cap for sov/soc you should get the glyph for shield of the righteous in any given fight it will save you tons of mana & help you conserve it for other attacks. Because lets face it threat is never an issue unless we have an arms warrior in the group who out gears us by several tiers of content.

On a side note if you usually run with a elemental shaman or ret pally in your groups & you have upgraded your weapon (would suggest crusaders glory from toc10 or the 1 from heroic 5man toc) you should have allot of excess threat & could possibly even drop points from heart of the crusader & pursuit of justice in favor of benediction because pretty much all pally tank spells are instant & it will do allot to help you conserve mana which means you can use more spells without worrying about running oom.
    The way balancing for WOW PVP works is allot like American politics.
    1: Be lazy & ignore problems till the yelling is so loud your cant concentrate.
    2: Refuse to do the things you have Said need to be done, then make up reasons why they cannot be done.
    3: Lay the blame for problems on someone else even when it's your fault because you did all of the above.

Quote Originally Posted by zcks
    My best advise is that if your that far over the soft cap for sov/soc you should get the glyph for shield of the righteous in any given fight it will save you tons of mana & help you conserve it for other attacks. Because lets face it threat is never an issue unless we have an arms warrior in the group who out gears us by several tiers of content.

On a side note if you usually run with a elemental shaman or ret pally in your groups & you have upgraded your weapon (would suggest crusaders glory from toc10 or the 1 from heroic 5man toc) you should have allot of excess threat & could possibly even drop points from heart of the crusader & pursuit of justice in favor of benediction because pretty much all pally tank spells are instant & it will do allot to help you conserve mana which means you can use more spells without worrying about running oom.
    Mana ? You can't be serious.... The Glyph of ShoR is used in PVP, because that's where you need the mana.

Glyphs are like this:
    Mandatory: Divine Plea
    Very nice to have : SoV
    Nice to have : Hammer of the Righteous (situational) , Hand of Salvation (small survival cd but high threat cost), Judgement (very small threat boost), Righteous Defense (situational again), Avenger's Shield (more of a PVP Glyph, because it reduces the number of targets),
    Bad: Shield of Righteousness, Spiritual Attunement
    Fail : Consecration.

Dunno if its just me, but gear alone sees me way above expertise cap....no way id use SoV glyph...it sadly stinks

Quote Originally Posted by Wysmark
    Dunno if its just me, but gear alone sees me way above expertise cap....no way id use SoV glyph...it sadly stinks
    It's better threat than the other options all the way up to 56 Expertise, you have more than that?

Threat is more of an issue than mana. What with mana being infinite, and FAR more than is needed to stay at full rotation on 100% mana. In raids I basically never dip below the cost of Consecrate, Sanc + Divine Plea + 1/2 SA is way more than enough.

Simply can't answer better.

That thread shows the real value of Expertise.

Quote from the thread:

Current conclusions:
    • Expertise is about 73% as effective as dodge rating for reducing incoming damage
    • Expertise is about 69% as effective as dodge rating for reducing the number of incoming attacks that connect
    • Expertise is actually 2x-4x better than dodge at reducing spike damage intake from boss melee attacks, with the added benefit that it preferentially reduces the largest spikes, thus smoothing out our spike damage by reducing the maximum spike size
    • Each point of expertise rating also gives us about 1/3 of a point of STR
    Epic quote:
    we did contact the gm .. he said "link the achievement"...,

15+ Year Old Account

From what rock did you crawl out form?

Quote Originally Posted by Ronark

From what rock did you crawl out form?
    I mostly only come out to tell bad rets they aren't doing it right. But I come around now and again with some good advice :P