Thread: Unit frames

Unit frames

Hi all,

I have been on the prowl for a while now, and am looking for a functional but simplistic group/raid unit frame that allows me to set the tanks (to follow debuffs for example) and then in a minimalistic point of view the raid. Im also very adamant that its not an elaborate pig on resources.

If you could post a screen too while in a raid that would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

Re: Unit frames

I use Grid mixed with XPerl and I like that setup, do whatever suits u most

x-PERL >>>>

15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by mackmustard
    x-PERL >>>>

Check out the directors cut of my project SCHISM, a festival winning short film
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DiHNTS-vyHE

Pitbull , grid combo . you can do what ever you are i the mode for them

Xperl is wonderful. I love it for the way it displays information, very easy to read.

Its also very configurable and simple at the same time.

Be the Ultimate Ninja! Play Billy Vs. SNAKEMAN today!

Pitbull.

Vuhdo
    Personal site: http://fuh-q.com
    My Kitteh's personal site: http://kitteh.in

You could always try Stuf (http://www.wowinterface.com/download...nitFrames.html), can replace the raid frames with something like Grid pretty easily. Stuf isn't the easiest thing to customize when you are new to it, but when you get used to it you can do a lot. It also is much less of a resource hog than anything posted so far.

I also have heard good things about Shadowed Unit Frames (http://www.wowinterface.com/download...nitFrames.html), don't have any personal experience, though.

stuf. no doubt.
    used xperl back in vanilla and well, its far overrated..
    pitbull was nice, but its still just a beta if i remember right? toke pretty much mb of your memory.
    stuf can everything pitbull had to offer, and more.

Thank you for the replies... Shadowed looks good too... and ya I don't need any elaborate memory hog of a party frame... just something simple, that can show debuffs, and dead or alive lol.

Anyone able to tell me what unit frame this is, on the right hand side... i have been looking on wowinterface, and curse and seen nothing remotely this nice... though Shadowed is pretty close...

X-perl owns.

Pitbull. Really easy to configure, looks clean.
    Originally Posted by Zarhym
    The only new glyph we are ready to announce right now is the Glyph of Divine Shield, which reduces the cast time of your Hearthstone whenever Divine Shield is active.

IF you are one of the main tanks, and you want an addon that shows a debuff with stacks so you know when to taunt the boss off the other main tank, then use ShadowedUF, here is a screen of how I have set it up:

it is not a heavy addon (1.1mb)
    can be customized in many, many ways.

It really helps me alot as a tank in fights like Gormok the Impaler.

Quote Originally Posted by Slusket
    Pitbull. Really easy to configure, looks clean.
    Totally thank you. Ill dl that tonight when i get home... so sexy.

ag_unitframes

Quote Originally Posted by Trork
    IF you are one of the main tanks, and you want an addon that shows a debuff with stacks so you know when to taunt the boss off the other main tank, then use ShadowedUF, here is a screen of how I have set it up:

it is not a heavy addon (1.1mb)
    can be customized in many, many ways.

It really helps me alot as a tank in fights like Gormok the Impaler.
    Looks good too, though what does it do for the RAID members and such that i really couldnt give a shit about while tanking... but it helps if i need to intervene when im OT.

Quote Originally Posted by Endlaw
    Looks good too, though what does it do for the RAID members and such that i really couldnt give a shit about while tanking... but it helps if i need to intervene when im OT.
    for the raid members that you really dont give a shit about, or just want to check their mana or who is dead, or far.. or if there is a debuff on anyone there that you can dispell... I use Grid with Grid Mana Bars

Grid weights around 1.6 MB with me

edit: although Shadowed also have a kind of grid( ShadowedUF Grid ), I have'nt tested it yet....but looks alright.